can you guys actually tell a difference between bit perfect and non? I swear I can't.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ayre / NAD / Eximus comparison? Last post on 6/6/12 at 8:20pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Help! What's best Dedicated DAC with a seperate AMP/Pre fully balanced <$1,500? Last post on 6/21/12 at 5:06pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Best DACs with asynchronous 24/192 or higher USB and volume control? W4S DAC2? Up to $2000. Last post on 7/12/14 at 5:48am in Dedicated Source Components
- Which would you choose? Last post on 8/30/14 at 4:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Purchasing LCD-X Amp DAC Suggestions. Last post on 5/31/14 at 11:18am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
This is a report about a new IEM from Brainwavz. The B100 Specifications: Drivers : Single Balanced Armature Rated Impedance : 50 Ω Frequency Range : 15 Hz ~ 22...
A little bit about me: So I am Neil. a normal music loving lad who works here in Japan. I commute everyday, and I am always searching for the best value for my music needs. I currently use the...
I tested these headphones and was not very impressed with them. The price was very high for a used pair of headphones and it did not seem to compete well with other brands at lower price points....
[[SPOILER]] Disclaimer: The CL1 were provided to me as a part of the North American Review Tour by RHA. I have been given 10 days to listen to and then write a review where I will pass them along...
SPECS: No written spec was found for the UMI-BTA9 WHERE TO BUY / COST: http://amzn.to/2h6jhkA $69.99 new ( often heavily discounted down to $25 or less ) OVERVIEW Happy...
Schiit Gungnir DAC - Page 100
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1487 of 40506/6/14 at 9:02ampost #1488 of 40506/6/14 at 12:29pm
So funny, and so true. Just wondering if there might be a difference can really detract from the joy! No wonder audio bliss is so expensive. I would be willing to bet that detecting non-bit perfect would be extremely challenging for anybody, but why bother trying?post #1489 of 40506/6/14 at 5:42pm
just to update everyone on my situation, my replacement Gungnir has arrived and i've used it (the same way i did before) and i've had no issues with that buzzing or any disconnects or any USB power issues with this one. i think i'll keep it!post #1490 of 40506/6/14 at 5:56pmQuote:
Great news, how does she sound?post #1491 of 40506/6/14 at 6:59pmIt sounds clearer and has ALOT more separation than my well used ODAC. I'm not used to so much separation. There also is much less bass. It also required me to turn up the volume on my amp quite a bit to achieve the same sound, but I'm getting used to it.post #1492 of 40506/6/14 at 7:08pmQuote:
What is the output of the ODAC, is it higher that the Schiit's 2V?post #1493 of 40506/6/14 at 7:17pmI think it's 2.0v. I got it from http://www.jdslabs.com/products/46/standalone-odac/
One other thing I noticed is when I play music via audirvana I can not control the volume from the computer. It's locked. If I just play in iTunes I can adjust volume. What's up with that?post #1494 of 40506/6/14 at 8:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by chalkdust
I think it's 2.0v. I got it from http://www.jdslabs.com/products/46/standalone-odac/
One other thing I noticed is when I play music via audirvana I can not control the volume from the computer. It's locked. If I just play in iTunes I can adjust volume. What's up with that?
If you want a bitperfect output to your DAC, your digital volume has to remain locked at 100%.post #1495 of 40506/9/14 at 8:35pm
Is anyone currently running their Gungnir through a USB hub without issue? Due to my setup, I really need to use a hub, but my current hub is sending frequent clicks through the audio chain. I'm using the older version of D-Link's DUB-H7, pictured below. I'm positive it's not my cables or the Gungnir itself (tested in various configurations, confirming it's the hub).
Any recommendations on a reasonably priced hub ($40 or below) that you know provides clean power to the Gungnir? Or should I just wait for the arrival of the Wyrd, since this is exactly what it's supposed to clear up?
Thanks guys!post #1496 of 40506/9/14 at 9:58pm
Why wouldn't you wait for the wyrd? it seems perfect for what you need and Schiit's done pretty good at bumping new releases in short order. The ifi iusb is twice as much and would probably get the job done today; not in the budget I suppose!post #1497 of 40506/9/14 at 10:05pmQuote:
My reaction exactly. I've made do without a hub for so long...waiting for that Wyrd (and don't we love the name !!)post #1498 of 40506/9/14 at 10:21pmpost #1499 of 40506/17/14 at 6:06am
I have a question, I heard Mike Moffat say that the Gungnir has a total of four DACs in there (one DAC per phase, per channel), but as far as I know spec-wise it's listed with two AKM4399s. I don't know much about how these things work so can someone explain to me what that is so?post #1500 of 40506/17/14 at 1:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Empty Flower
I have a question, I heard Mike Moffat say that the Gungnir has a total of four DACs in there (one DAC per phase, per channel), but as far as I know spec-wise it's listed with two AKM4399s. I don't know much about how these things work so can someone explain to me what that is so?
It has two (2) AKM4399s, which are stereo (2 channel) DACs. Ergo, 4 channels.
Is that what you were asking?
- Schiit Gungnir DAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › The Official Massdrop/Fostex TH-X00 Owners' Impressions and... 9 seconds ago
- › [WTB] Oriolus MKII 51 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 1 minute ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for an upgrade from the Radiopaq Jazz. I have tried a few... 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 7 minutes ago
- › New Inear Prophile-8 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear