Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier - Page 35

post #511 of 3242

By pairing, I think he means synergy. Power is not everything. It certainly is a requirement for the HE6 though.

 

Also, just because a "good" pairing sounds good to one, does not necessarily mean it will sound good to others, hence the reason why it's so "difficult" to find a "good pairing" [for your own taste.]

Quote:
a good pairing
post #512 of 3242
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

Not to nitpick, but Lyr can drive HE-6. 

I personally think the Lyr struggles with the He6. They still have more to give IMO.
post #513 of 3242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

By pairing, I think he means synergy. Power is not everything. It certainly is a requirement for the HE6 though.

 

Also, just because a "good" pairing sounds good to one, does not necessarily mean it will sound good to others, hence the reason why it's so "difficult" to find a "good pairing" [for your own taste.]

 

Synergy isn't hard either when it comes to speaker amps. I've had great results with at least 10-15 amps I've either owned or listened to the he6 on. And I disagree with your pairing and synergy analogy. They both go hand in hand. If the synergy isn't there, it's not going to be a good paring. If it's a good pairing, then synergy will also be there as well. There's no such thing as a good pairing with bad synergy.


Edited by moodyrn - 8/6/12 at 5:35pm
post #514 of 3242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremer930 View Post


I personally think the Lyr struggles with the He6. They still have more to give IMO.

The HE-6 doesn't clip, right? Of course, the HE-6 really needs more than the Lyr to sound optimal. Hello, Mjolnir! (hopefully)

post #515 of 3242
I think that to make the Lyr/ He6 combo clip you would have to have the cans off your head but it just doesn't fill out the bass as well as the HE6 can give. The Moljnir should help out quite a bit.

And if that doesn't do the trick...the line up with me for the Statement amp. 4 months and counting....smily_headphones1.gif
post #516 of 3242

You missed my point that what sounds good to one will not necessarily sound good to another.

I'm guessing that's because you thought "one" meant amp, but I mean "one" as a person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodyrn View Post

 

Synergy isn't hard either when it comes to speaker amps. I've had great results with at least 10-15 amps I've either owned or listened to the he6 on. And I disagree with your pairing and synergy analogy. They both go hand in hand. If the synergy isn't there, it's not going to be a good paring. If it's a good pairing, then synergy will also be there as well. There's no such thing as a good pairing with bad synergy.


Edited by Girls Generation - 8/6/12 at 5:48pm
post #517 of 3242

No it didn't miss your point and it's just best to agree to disagree and move on since this isn't an he6 thread. This is a discussion for another forum.

post #518 of 3242

Sure. I was just confused because I never made an analogy with "good pairing" and "synergy." I thought I implied they're congruous, just that "good" to someone doesn't mean it's going to be "good" to someone else automatically, due to differences preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodyrn View Post

No it didn't miss your point and it's just best to agree to disagree and move on since this isn't an he6 thread. This is a discussion for another forum.

 

 

Mjolnir vs. Arete? Hopefully someone who's heard the Arete can do a brief comparison --without the Volcano that is. Bonus if it's with an LCD-2.

post #519 of 3242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

By pairing, I think he means synergy.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

Sure. I was just confused because I never made an analogy with "good pairing" and "synergy."

 

confused_face(1).gif

post #520 of 3242

Oops, I meant an analogy that the two were incongruous. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit View Post

 

 

confused_face(1).gif

post #521 of 3242

Purely on spec... if we agree the Audeze cans can need 1W, the HE-6 by default would need 20W.  I won't see my Mjolnir for a month but when I do expect direct comparison to the Apex Peak and comparisons to the others by referring to my notes from their reviews.

post #522 of 3242
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodyrn View Post

 

Synergy isn't hard either when it comes to speaker amps. I've had great results with at least 10-15 amps I've either owned or listened to the he6 on. And I disagree with your pairing and synergy analogy. They both go hand in hand. If the synergy isn't there, it's not going to be a good paring. If it's a good pairing, then synergy will also be there as well. There's no such thing as a good pairing with bad synergy.

 

I'm trying to find out about Class D vs. Class A speaker amps to drive the HE-6.  Have any one heard a difference in lets say "synergy"?

post #523 of 3242
Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit View Post

The jury still seems to be out on the Mjolnir/HE6 combo, but I have a good feeling about it. And although I haven't heard it, I would add an LCD3 to the mix. I do have experience with LCD2, HD800, HE6.

I am going for the hd 800 , here in spain is half the price of the others biggrin.gif

But Jason told me I would need a special cable to conect with mjolnir , can you , please ,recomend me a good value, brand or model ?? promise to be the last off topic question¡¡¡

Thanks a lot ¡¡ Cant wait to have my system¡¡smily_headphones1.gif
post #524 of 3242
Quote:
Originally Posted by turopark View Post


I am going for the hd 800 , here in spain is half the price of the others biggrin.gif
But Jason told me I would need a special cable to conect with mjolnir , can you , please ,recomend me a good value, brand or model ?? promise to be the last off topic question¡¡¡
Thanks a lot ¡¡ Cant wait to have my system¡¡smily_headphones1.gif

I have HD-650s,  sourced some cables from toxic cables:

 

http://toxic-cables.co.uk/

 

They get a very good name (Although am still waiting for my Mjolnir,  so cant confirm this personally,  but look at this thread,  http://www.head-fi.org/t/609155/toxic-cables-the-appreciation-thread , he gets loads of great feedback).  I just told him what headphones I have and what I wanted to connect to,  he then gave me the options.  Took about three weeks.

post #525 of 3242
this incrdible quick and useful answers ¡¡¡ wish life would be like that ¡¡

thank you very much ¡¡

ps Congratulations for the fantastic olimpic games ¡¡
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier