or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier - Page 204

post #3046 of 3526
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget67 View Post

I'll get around to doing an equipment signature one of these days, but, yes I still have the Wadia 121 and a Wadia 171 as well as a Burson HA 160 D to go with the new pieces. I also just purchased balanced silver dragon headphone cables from another forum member (should be here Friday) so I think I'm done for a while!


i'll be very interested in your thoughts of the gungnir

I plan to compare it to the Wadia at some point and I'm also interested in comparing the silver dragon cables to the stock LCD balanced cables. That should keep me busy. I'll keep you posted.
post #3047 of 3526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget67 View Post


I plan to compare it to the Wadia at some point and I'm also interested in comparing the silver dragon cables to the stock LCD balanced cables. That should keep me busy. I'll keep you posted.


i saw those cables, but i had just gotten some silver cables from chris_himself, they are way better than the stock audeze cables

i suspect the silver dragons are as well

post #3048 of 3526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom25 View Post
 

 

Why? Have you heard the BHA-1?


no, i haven't heard it, i had believed that most folks who had heard both preferred the bryston, that the bha-1 was a little nicer in the treble, smoother

post #3049 of 3526
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post
 

Splitting hairs. Mjolnir and BHA-1 are way too similar than not. I'd have to try real hard to differentiate the two.

They're definitely very similar, but no, it's not hair-splitting at all.

 

The BHA-1 edges the Mjolnir in terms of space/air while its extension is more linear and less grating. Bass is also more impactful. You can definitely hear these differences if you A/B side by side, but it's not obvious. Given the price differences of the amps, there's no reason not to appreciate the Mjolnir; it's a fantastic amp.

 

But in the end, yes the BHA-1 edges it out.

post #3050 of 3526
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget67 View Post

I'll get around to doing an equipment signature one of these days, but, yes I still have the Wadia 121 and a Wadia 171 as well as a Burson HA 160 D to go with the new pieces. I also just purchased balanced silver dragon headphone cables from another forum member (should be here Friday) so I think I'm done for a while!


i'll be very interested in your thoughts of the gungnir

The mjolnir and the silver dragon cables are out for delivery and the gungnir is already here. I look forward to playing with everything this weekend and will post my thoughts when I have some hours of listening time. I'm somewhat of a cable skeptic but the silver dragons were fairly priced; I'm interested in comparing them to the LCD stock balanced cable for any noticeable difference. And, as I was typing this the Fed Ex truck just dropped off my mjolnir!!! Think I'll go play now.biggrin.gif
post #3051 of 3526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget67 View Post


The mjolnir and the silver dragon cables are out for delivery and the gungnir is already here. I look forward to playing with everything this weekend and will post my thoughts when I have some hours of listening time. I'm somewhat of a cable skeptic but the silver dragons were fairly priced; I'm interested in comparing them to the LCD stock balanced cable for any noticeable difference. And, as I was typing this the Fed Ex truck just dropped off my mjolnir!!! Think I'll go play now.biggrin.gif


its like christmas !!   i was kinda a cable skeptic too, but my silver cables from chris_himself do allow some additional air and sparkle on the to for sure

post #3052 of 3526

My M/G stack arrives on Tuesday, very anxious for their arrival. I would ideally only like to have at most two pairs of heaphones, one being the best all arounders for all types of genres but mainly jazz/downtempo/lounge/acoustic/r&b. The other for gaming.

 

I currently own the HE-500 and just today received my balanced cables, would the HE-500 qualify as a good candidate for an "all arounder" with the M/G stack ? Or would the LCD2 be a better pairing ?

 

Any suggestions for good gaming headphones ? Thinking HD800 for its soundstage. 

 

Would greatly appreciate any suggestions and recommendations :beerchug:

post #3053 of 3526
Quote:
Originally Posted by saer View Post
 

My M/G stack arrives on Tuesday, very anxious for their arrival. I would ideally only like to have at most two pairs of heaphones, one being the best all arounders for all types of genres but mainly jazz/downtempo/lounge/acoustic/r&b. The other for gaming.

 

I currently own the HE-500 and just today received my balanced cables, would the HE-500 qualify as a good candidate for an "all arounder" with the M/G stack ? Or would the LCD2 be a better pairing ?

 

Any suggestions for good gaming headphones ? Thinking HD800 for its soundstage. 

 

Would greatly appreciate any suggestions and recommendations :beerchug:

 

I think the HE500 is a poor match for the Mjolnir. To me, it gives the HE500 a harsh signature. The HD800 sounds equally bad out of the Mjolnir with glaring treble and anemic bass. If you're looking for good pairings, the LCD-3, LCD-2, and HD650 all sound beautiful and nicely balanced out of the Gungnir/Mjolnir.

post #3054 of 3526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry S View Post

I think the HE500 is a poor match for the Mjolnir. To me, it gives the HE500 a harsh signature. The HD800 sounds equally bad out of the Mjolnir with glaring treble and anemic bass. If you're looking for good pairings, the LCD-3, LCD-2, and HD650 all sound beautiful and nicely balanced out of the Gungnir/Mjolnir.

How about lcd-x pair with mj/gun? which one is better pairing between lcd-x and lcd-3 with this combo? thx
post #3055 of 3526
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaJoMax View Post


How about lcd-x pair with mj/gun? which one is better pairing between lcd-x and lcd-3 with this combo? thx


The LCD-X has a lean, airy signature with a big soundstage out of the M/G. I sold my Mjolnir because I'd like to get an amp that thickens the LCD-X mids a bit. The LCD-3 matches better with the M/G.

post #3056 of 3526

I think the LCDx is better than LCD3 on almost every set up :P

post #3057 of 3526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry S View Post


The LCD-X has a lean, airy signature with a big soundstage out of the M/G. I sold my Mjolnir because I'd like to get an amp that thickens the LCD-X mids a bit. The LCD-3 matches better with the M/G.
I was almost decided to get the lcd-x, but now i kinda pulled back to think about lcd-3 again...omg..
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkawaiiO View Post

I think the LCDx is better than LCD3 on almost every set up :P

With mjolnir and gungnir combo as well? thx
post #3058 of 3526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry S View Post
 


The LCD-X has a lean, airy signature with a big soundstage out of the M/G. I sold my Mjolnir because I'd like to get an amp that thickens the LCD-X mids a bit. The LCD-3 matches better with the M/G.


i just sold my lcd2, and have an X coming in first of the week, i still have the mjo now, but i'm really thinking the lcd x will like some tubes, i've got a lyr thats having some repairs done, a vali,

but i'm thinking i may try a woo at some point i also have a MAD Ear+ HD,

post #3059 of 3526
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaJoMax View Post

 

Sorry i haven't heard it on M/G but on asgard 2 and bifrost yes

post #3060 of 3526
Its quite a torture to choose between lcd-3 and lcd-x with my m/g combo.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier