Does anyone have recent information as to when we can expect Schiit to release their Statement amps? The last I heard from Schiit (at last summer's hifi show in Orange County) was that we should expect an announcement last October. Obviously, that did not happen.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I'm Trying To Decide On Best Setup For My Budget(4k) And Taste. Which would you buy? Last post on 8/23/14 at 5:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-3 and $1K amp or Audeze LCD-2 and $2K, where is the sweet spot? Last post on 8/11/14 at 1:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Need Help Choosing Headphones/Amp/DAC/Cables Last post on 7/11/12 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/10/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier - Page 175
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2612 of 32423/28/13 at 7:45pm
Expect fall.post #2613 of 32423/28/13 at 7:46pm
Chris Himself has cheap cables. HE500 might benefit from jergpads.Quote:Originally Posted by disastermouse
What balanced cables are you using with your HE-500? The cheapest I can find are the actual HiFiMan Balanced cables ($150). Is something else required to make the HE-500 sound good with this amp? It's a bonus that the HiFiMan Balanced Cables come with a 1/4" adaptor.post #2614 of 32423/28/13 at 7:47pm
HE500 sounds great with this set up, I didn't like the HE500 before I heard it on my Mjo/Gung. They're really close to the LCD2 and none is better than the other, except LCD2 is more expensive, but more comfortable imo.Quote:Originally Posted by superotaku
I've been using my Mjolnir/Gungnir and LCD2's for just over 2 weeks and after a good 50-75 hours it sounds really good. At first I was really disappointed and could barely listen to the combo, but now I love it. Part of this was getting used to the overall signature of a balanced system.
I'm really curious to see how the HE500's sound in this set up.post #2615 of 32423/28/13 at 7:50pm
That's a terrible way of reasoning. Nothing is superior to the other because it all comes down to personal preference. HD800 is just really well known as rrahman said, so it's going to get more comparisons than others. Nothing implies they are the gold standard.Quote:Originally Posted by commtrd
So the Sen. HD800 is generally thought to be superior over the LCD 2's or 3's? From reading many threads it would appear the only other cans worthy of consideration would be the HD800 or HE6. With a huge emphasis on the HD800. Almost all comparisons involve the HD800 by a huge margin. This would seem to imply that the HD800 phones are the ones to buy since they are the gold standard in practically every comparison?
I just got a set of Audeze LCD 2.2 and plan on listening to everything on them. I expect those cans with the Mjolnir/Gungnir will be good enough for me. Someday way in the future may pick up some HD800's to compare to the LCD2's.
I'm selling my LCD3 because I like my LCD2 better, but prefer the HD800 over both. Personal preference. :) CheersQuote:Originally Posted by rrahman
I wouldn't say this is the case. I don't think there is a general consensus on which headphone is better, each headphone has very large followings and excels at different things. The only reason everything is compared to the HD800 is because of the three headphones you mention its the oldest and most well known. I personally favor the LCD3 over hd800, so much so that I sold my hd800 after purchasing the LCD3.post #2616 of 32423/28/13 at 9:04pmpost #2617 of 32423/28/13 at 9:19pm
All part of modding. But look into it more, see what kind of sound it gives. It might bring enough confidence for a truly better sound that you might take the risk and try it. :|post #2618 of 32423/28/13 at 10:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by disastermouse
What balanced cables are you using with your HE-500? The cheapest I can find are the actual HiFiMan Balanced cables ($150). Is something else required to make the HE-500 sound good with this amp? It's a bonus that the HiFiMan Balanced Cables come with a 1/4" adaptor.
I re-terminated the HiFiMan copper cables to balanced. And also the jergpads. The jergpads give the the HE500 a little bit more "Audeze", that is muscle down in the low bass and also open them up in the treble. Wider stage and a bit more air.post #2619 of 32423/28/13 at 10:49pmpost #2620 of 32423/29/13 at 6:51am
I just picked up a used Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 (silver conductor) cable for my LCD2's and find that it makes a pretty big difference over my Toxic Cable Black Widow (copper conductor). They're both great but there's enough of a change that I can switch back and forth depending on what I'm listening to. So yeah, if you can try different cable materials you might be happier.post #2621 of 32423/29/13 at 6:05pm
Just upgraded myself to the Mjolnir this week, so thought I would chime in my praise as well. I am using the HifiMan HE-4. I was previously on the Schiit Valhalla (which probably was more suited for my previous DT990 600 ohms anyway) but the different between the two (and upgrade to the HifiMan Balanced cable) was noticeable. I initially kept my Bifrost (since my Gungnir didn't arrive at the same time). Using the Bifrost on the two amps with the HE-4s, I noticed that everything increased. The most noticeable for me was the increase in mid-bass and mid-treble. I think the treble extension might have been pretty similar for me between the two amps, but you could feel that there was more "force" behind the Mjolnir. When I turned the volume up, it got more exciting rather than more thin and prone to distortion. Again, the Valhalla probably wasn't a very good match.
The following day my Gungnir arrived and I got to swap out the Bifrost and go balanced. I'll post those impressions over in that thread....post #2622 of 32424/2/13 at 4:53amQuote:Originally Posted by superotaku
I just picked up a used Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 (silver conductor) cable for my LCD2's and find that it makes a pretty big difference over my Toxic Cable Black Widow (copper conductor). They're both great but there's enough of a change that I can switch back and forth depending on what I'm listening to.
Exciting, I also have a black widow from Franck and find it wonderful over Mjorlnir and LCD2.
Would you be agree with these ?Quote:
- black widow is more body, textured than the stock cable. Even if stock is more body than white widow as you told yourself.
- At the opposite, the White should be faster with more detailled trebbles compared to the Black.post #2623 of 32424/2/13 at 10:54amQuote:
Yeah, I find the Black Widow to be warmer than the Silver Dragon V3 and better suited to certain recordings (ie: classic rock). I really like the Silver Dragon V3 for pushing the voices up a bit and taking away the Audeze's warmth/darkness for other recordings. Last night I was listening to the Cure best of album and V3 was amazing with it.post #2624 of 32424/16/13 at 5:48pmpost #2625 of 32424/17/13 at 9:27am
Yes. I've used the Mojo as both a preamp and integrated amp (it will drive high-efficiency) for speakers.
Not that I could tell. The Mjolnir as pre-amp has a much less characteristic sound than the Mjolnir driving headphones. I presume because as a pre-amp, the Mjolnir gets to handle a much easier load.
It depends on your amp's gain. The sensitivity of the volume knob has been good (wide range - typically at 11 o'clock) with two amps I've tried with it.
- Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Band Name Game II 42 seconds ago
- › Wanted: Cheap Portable Audio Player 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K701 with Single-ended Moon Audio Black Dragon Cable (10 ft/3 m) 2 minutes ago
- › Programs used for HiFi listening 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Decware Select Zen CSP2 Tube Headphone Amp 3 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 3 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)