Does anyone have recent information as to when we can expect Schiit to release their Statement amps? The last I heard from Schiit (at last summer's hifi show in Orange County) was that we should expect an announcement last October. Obviously, that did not happen.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I'm Trying To Decide On Best Setup For My Budget(4k) And Taste. Which would you buy? Last post on 8/23/14 at 5:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-3 and $1K amp or Audeze LCD-2 and $2K, where is the sweet spot? Last post on 8/11/14 at 1:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Need Help Choosing Headphones/Amp/DAC/Cables Last post on 7/11/12 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/10/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in MEdia Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAS -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier - Page 175
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2612 of 32713/28/13 at 7:45pm
Expect fall.post #2613 of 32713/28/13 at 7:46pm
Chris Himself has cheap cables. HE500 might benefit from jergpads.Quote:Originally Posted by disastermouse
What balanced cables are you using with your HE-500? The cheapest I can find are the actual HiFiMan Balanced cables ($150). Is something else required to make the HE-500 sound good with this amp? It's a bonus that the HiFiMan Balanced Cables come with a 1/4" adaptor.post #2614 of 32713/28/13 at 7:47pm
HE500 sounds great with this set up, I didn't like the HE500 before I heard it on my Mjo/Gung. They're really close to the LCD2 and none is better than the other, except LCD2 is more expensive, but more comfortable imo.Quote:Originally Posted by superotaku
I've been using my Mjolnir/Gungnir and LCD2's for just over 2 weeks and after a good 50-75 hours it sounds really good. At first I was really disappointed and could barely listen to the combo, but now I love it. Part of this was getting used to the overall signature of a balanced system.
I'm really curious to see how the HE500's sound in this set up.post #2615 of 32713/28/13 at 7:50pm
That's a terrible way of reasoning. Nothing is superior to the other because it all comes down to personal preference. HD800 is just really well known as rrahman said, so it's going to get more comparisons than others. Nothing implies they are the gold standard.Quote:Originally Posted by commtrd
So the Sen. HD800 is generally thought to be superior over the LCD 2's or 3's? From reading many threads it would appear the only other cans worthy of consideration would be the HD800 or HE6. With a huge emphasis on the HD800. Almost all comparisons involve the HD800 by a huge margin. This would seem to imply that the HD800 phones are the ones to buy since they are the gold standard in practically every comparison?
I just got a set of Audeze LCD 2.2 and plan on listening to everything on them. I expect those cans with the Mjolnir/Gungnir will be good enough for me. Someday way in the future may pick up some HD800's to compare to the LCD2's.
I'm selling my LCD3 because I like my LCD2 better, but prefer the HD800 over both. Personal preference. :) CheersQuote:Originally Posted by rrahman
I wouldn't say this is the case. I don't think there is a general consensus on which headphone is better, each headphone has very large followings and excels at different things. The only reason everything is compared to the HD800 is because of the three headphones you mention its the oldest and most well known. I personally favor the LCD3 over hd800, so much so that I sold my hd800 after purchasing the LCD3.post #2616 of 32713/28/13 at 9:04pmpost #2617 of 32713/28/13 at 9:19pm
All part of modding. But look into it more, see what kind of sound it gives. It might bring enough confidence for a truly better sound that you might take the risk and try it. :|post #2618 of 32713/28/13 at 10:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by disastermouse
What balanced cables are you using with your HE-500? The cheapest I can find are the actual HiFiMan Balanced cables ($150). Is something else required to make the HE-500 sound good with this amp? It's a bonus that the HiFiMan Balanced Cables come with a 1/4" adaptor.
I re-terminated the HiFiMan copper cables to balanced. And also the jergpads. The jergpads give the the HE500 a little bit more "Audeze", that is muscle down in the low bass and also open them up in the treble. Wider stage and a bit more air.post #2619 of 32713/28/13 at 10:49pmpost #2620 of 32713/29/13 at 6:51am
I just picked up a used Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 (silver conductor) cable for my LCD2's and find that it makes a pretty big difference over my Toxic Cable Black Widow (copper conductor). They're both great but there's enough of a change that I can switch back and forth depending on what I'm listening to. So yeah, if you can try different cable materials you might be happier.post #2621 of 32713/29/13 at 6:05pm
Just upgraded myself to the Mjolnir this week, so thought I would chime in my praise as well. I am using the HifiMan HE-4. I was previously on the Schiit Valhalla (which probably was more suited for my previous DT990 600 ohms anyway) but the different between the two (and upgrade to the HifiMan Balanced cable) was noticeable. I initially kept my Bifrost (since my Gungnir didn't arrive at the same time). Using the Bifrost on the two amps with the HE-4s, I noticed that everything increased. The most noticeable for me was the increase in mid-bass and mid-treble. I think the treble extension might have been pretty similar for me between the two amps, but you could feel that there was more "force" behind the Mjolnir. When I turned the volume up, it got more exciting rather than more thin and prone to distortion. Again, the Valhalla probably wasn't a very good match.
The following day my Gungnir arrived and I got to swap out the Bifrost and go balanced. I'll post those impressions over in that thread....post #2622 of 32714/2/13 at 4:53amQuote:Originally Posted by superotaku
I just picked up a used Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 (silver conductor) cable for my LCD2's and find that it makes a pretty big difference over my Toxic Cable Black Widow (copper conductor). They're both great but there's enough of a change that I can switch back and forth depending on what I'm listening to.
Exciting, I also have a black widow from Franck and find it wonderful over Mjorlnir and LCD2.
Would you be agree with these ?Quote:
- black widow is more body, textured than the stock cable. Even if stock is more body than white widow as you told yourself.
- At the opposite, the White should be faster with more detailled trebbles compared to the Black.post #2623 of 32714/2/13 at 10:54amQuote:
Yeah, I find the Black Widow to be warmer than the Silver Dragon V3 and better suited to certain recordings (ie: classic rock). I really like the Silver Dragon V3 for pushing the voices up a bit and taking away the Audeze's warmth/darkness for other recordings. Last night I was listening to the Cure best of album and V3 was amazing with it.post #2624 of 32714/16/13 at 5:48pmpost #2625 of 32714/17/13 at 9:27am
Yes. I've used the Mojo as both a preamp and integrated amp (it will drive high-efficiency) for speakers.
Not that I could tell. The Mjolnir as pre-amp has a much less characteristic sound than the Mjolnir driving headphones. I presume because as a pre-amp, the Mjolnir gets to handle a much easier load.
It depends on your amp's gain. The sensitivity of the volume knob has been good (wide range - typically at 11 o'clock) with two amps I've tried with it.
- Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › l.5m wireworld platinum balanced headphone cable for Sennheiser... 2 minutes ago
- › US Samsung Galaxy S4 2 minutes ago
- › do the grado sr80 e have lots of treble 2 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 3 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z1 Compact 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 5 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 6 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 7 minutes ago
- › Planning to get the Asus Xonar Essence STX II 7.1 with Senn HD600... 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)