Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier - Page 164

post #2446 of 3311
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post

It's hard to imagine the Asgard 2 would be better than the Mjolnir given the price point especially since it is the same company. I can't see any company undercutting their own sales by having something cheaper outperform something that costs 3-4x the price. However they are also different designs so would serve different markets as well. The Asgard 2 is also really new and I don't think anyone has one yet.

 

That's almost what they did with the Magni and Asgard. I've been emailing with Jason from Schiit. He's said that the Asgard 2 is very, very close to the quality of Mjolnir.

post #2447 of 3311

How close, and what sort of quality are we talking here?

Build?

Sound?

?

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by imackler View Post

 

That's almost what they did with the Magni and Asgard. I've been emailing with Jason from Schiit. He's said that the Asgard 2 is very, very close to the quality of Mjolnir.

post #2448 of 3311
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

 

That's almost what they did with the Magni and Asgard. I've been emailing with Jason from Schiit. He's said that the Asgard 2 is very, very close to the quality of Mjolnir.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rated1975 View Post
 

 

Also interested in hearing this... Would be great to get a direct comparison.

post #2449 of 3311
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

 

 

Also interested in hearing this... Would be great to get a direct comparison.

I am interested too!! An Asgard-Mjolnir comparison on the cheap sources:D.

post #2450 of 3311
If an Asgard 2 really is close to a Mjolnir in terms of sound quality that would be a great way to hold over till the Statement is released.
post #2451 of 3311
Thats really hard to believe but lets wait till some units arrive.
post #2452 of 3311
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizia View Post

Thats really hard to believe but lets wait till some units arrive.

+1. I think the nature of the Asgard is much different than Mjolnir. I'm not sure if Asgard 2's improvements

are enough to be Mjolnir like. I expect more of a Lyr-ish feel. I'm itchin' to put an order in.

post #2453 of 3311

Shoot, I'd love to swap my Mjolnir for an Asgard 2 and pocket the extra cash, but it would have to be pretty damn close in performance.  I'd be surprised if it was at the same level, but I'll just have to hear it.  The Mjolnir is amazing with the LCD2s, but I find the Magni almost unlistenable in comparison. It seems like the Asgard 2 would be somewhere between the two, since the Asgard 1 was considered so close to the Magni.

post #2454 of 3311
I'm not convinced Jason meant quite what his comment (as reported) seems to imply, as the context wasn't included. Whilst many amps may be describable as close or the same in quality, this isn't the same as saying they have the same character and capabilities. Rated1975 put exactly the right questions.
post #2455 of 3311

When using my Mjolnir the right audio channel randomly drops when I move. I'm pretty sure this is because the cable/connector to my headphones gets twisted, pulled, or pushed however I can't figure out if it is the cable or my headphones with the problem (or something else). This problem does not happen when using a single ended amp/connection and is next to impossible to reproduce on demand so with only one cable, headphone, and SE and balanced amp I'm having a tough time figuring out what may be wrong. Anyone have an idea as to what the problem might before I request a new cable (I'd really hate rma the cable if it is not the problem)?

 

Thanks,

 

redmaw

post #2456 of 3311
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmaw View Post

When using my Mjolnir the right audio channel randomly drops when I move. I'm pretty sure this is because the cable/connector to my headphones gets twisted, pulled, or pushed however I can't figure out if it is the cable or my headphones with the problem (or something else). This problem does not happen when using a single ended amp/connection and is next to impossible to reproduce on demand so with only one cable, headphone, and SE and balanced amp I'm having a tough time figuring out what may be wrong. Anyone have an idea as to what the problem might before I request a new cable (I'd really hate rma the cable if it is not the problem)?

 

Thanks,

 

redmaw

You should first try swapping the cable.

post #2457 of 3311
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

You should first try swapping the cable.

 

I'd like to but I don't have a second balanced cable. I've used the stock cable for about 2 months and never had a problem, but for some reason the problem is much rarer on SE.

post #2458 of 3311
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmaw View Post

 

I'd like to but I don't have a second balanced cable. I've used the stock cable for about 2 months and never had a problem, but for some reason the problem is much rarer on SE.

I ment just swap the channels. You say it's the right channel, so swap 'em and see if it's the cable or headphone.

post #2459 of 3311
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

 

That's almost what they did with the Magni and Asgard. I've been emailing with Jason from Schiit. He's said that the Asgard 2 is very, very close to the quality of Mjolnir.

+1

post #2460 of 3311
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

I ment just swap the channels. You say it's the right channel, so swap 'em and see if it's the cable or headphone.


Ah, that makes more sense (and what I did earlier today). Turns out it is the cable, which makes me very glad because it should be in warranty still unlike the headphones. Thanks for the help paradoxper.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier