Yep apparently it was in a dream I had /facepalm
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I'm Trying To Decide On Best Setup For My Budget(4k) And Taste. Which would you buy? Last post on 8/23/14 at 5:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-3 and $1K amp or Audeze LCD-2 and $2K, where is the sweet spot? Last post on 8/11/14 at 1:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Need Help Choosing Headphones/Amp/DAC/Cables Last post on 7/11/12 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Wow is the first word that popped into my mind after putting on these IEMs. Dunu has outdone themselves again. SOUND These are quite possibly the best IEMs I have ever listened to. These...
Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier - Page 138post #2056 of 352712/11/12 at 7:17am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2057 of 352712/11/12 at 11:03ampost #2058 of 352712/11/12 at 11:17amQuote:
Yes, both balanced and unbalanced input. Just not both at the same time.post #2059 of 352712/11/12 at 11:28ampost #2060 of 352712/11/12 at 12:13pm
Having heard neither I would definitly go for the amp first :D
Headphones > Amp > Source. ( > indicates more important)post #2061 of 352712/11/12 at 12:55pmpost #2062 of 352712/11/12 at 1:01pm
I'm 110% sure I'll start rolling tubes with the Lyr.
I can afford both Mjo/Gung but not at the same time according to my monthly budget allowance for personal items. :)post #2063 of 352712/11/12 at 1:07pmpost #2064 of 352712/11/12 at 1:32pm
Is it really THAT bright!?post #2065 of 352712/11/12 at 1:44pm
W4S is a dark source, W4S + Mjolnir too bright for me. PWD2 much more tonally balanced but also smooth as butter so might work with the Mjolnir if you like light bass balance. HD800 users would probably like the combo.post #2066 of 352712/11/12 at 2:19pmpost #2067 of 352712/11/12 at 2:34pmQuote:
I don't find Mjolnir > LCD-3 to be overly bright using either the Gungnir or Grace m903 as source. To each his own, of course.post #2068 of 352712/11/12 at 8:50pm
I've been reading some reviews on the Mjolnir and quite a few people mention that it is too bright and one guy even mentioned that it sounds thinner than the Lyr. Is this true? I was starting to warm up to the idea going from Lyr+Bifrost to Mjolnir+Gungnir but now I'm not so sure. The reason for swapping is that I feel the Lyr+Bifrost sounds too thin specially in the mid bass.post #2069 of 352712/11/12 at 11:14pmQuote:Just keep track of the DAC used with the Mjolnir when you see comments about it being to bright and you should be able to deduce that it has more to do with the DAC used than the Mjolnir. The Mjolnir is just amping what it gets, sharp or otherwise.Originally Posted by technica18
I've been reading some reviews on the Mjolnir and quite a few people mention that it is too bright and one guy even mentioned that it sounds thinner than the Lyr. Is this true? I was starting to warm up to the idea going from Lyr+Bifrost to Mjolnir+Gungnir but now I'm not so sure. The reason for swapping is that I feel the Lyr+Bifrost sounds too thin specially in the mid bass.
Some edgy DACs sound better with a little fuzzier amp. Just keep track of what combo's sound good since you are upgrading both and you'll be fine.post #2070 of 352712/12/12 at 12:06am
Can anyone who's used the MJ extensively confirm that its sound sig is skewed with a mid-range emphasis? Or let's put it this way, is the amp more suitable to playback jazz/vocal/audiophile recordings but not really ideal for classical/hard rock/metal/movie scores?
- Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 34 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 1 minute ago
- › ASUS Essence One MUSES Edition "Speciale" 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-CK10 6 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 6 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 7 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-7200 7 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear