Yep apparently it was in a dream I had /facepalm
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I'm Trying To Decide On Best Setup For My Budget(4k) And Taste. Which would you buy? Last post on 8/23/14 at 5:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-3 and $1K amp or Audeze LCD-2 and $2K, where is the sweet spot? Last post on 8/11/14 at 1:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Need Help Choosing Headphones/Amp/DAC/Cables Last post on 7/11/12 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/10/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier - Page 138post #2056 of 326312/11/12 at 7:17am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2057 of 326312/11/12 at 11:03ampost #2058 of 326312/11/12 at 11:17amQuote:
Yes, both balanced and unbalanced input. Just not both at the same time.post #2059 of 326312/11/12 at 11:28ampost #2060 of 326312/11/12 at 12:13pm
Having heard neither I would definitly go for the amp first :D
Headphones > Amp > Source. ( > indicates more important)post #2061 of 326312/11/12 at 12:55pmpost #2062 of 326312/11/12 at 1:01pm
I'm 110% sure I'll start rolling tubes with the Lyr.
I can afford both Mjo/Gung but not at the same time according to my monthly budget allowance for personal items. :)post #2063 of 326312/11/12 at 1:07pmpost #2064 of 326312/11/12 at 1:32pm
Is it really THAT bright!?post #2065 of 326312/11/12 at 1:44pm
W4S is a dark source, W4S + Mjolnir too bright for me. PWD2 much more tonally balanced but also smooth as butter so might work with the Mjolnir if you like light bass balance. HD800 users would probably like the combo.post #2066 of 326312/11/12 at 2:19pmpost #2067 of 326312/11/12 at 2:34pmQuote:
I don't find Mjolnir > LCD-3 to be overly bright using either the Gungnir or Grace m903 as source. To each his own, of course.post #2068 of 326312/11/12 at 8:50pm
I've been reading some reviews on the Mjolnir and quite a few people mention that it is too bright and one guy even mentioned that it sounds thinner than the Lyr. Is this true? I was starting to warm up to the idea going from Lyr+Bifrost to Mjolnir+Gungnir but now I'm not so sure. The reason for swapping is that I feel the Lyr+Bifrost sounds too thin specially in the mid bass.post #2069 of 326312/11/12 at 11:14pmQuote:Just keep track of the DAC used with the Mjolnir when you see comments about it being to bright and you should be able to deduce that it has more to do with the DAC used than the Mjolnir. The Mjolnir is just amping what it gets, sharp or otherwise.Originally Posted by technica18
I've been reading some reviews on the Mjolnir and quite a few people mention that it is too bright and one guy even mentioned that it sounds thinner than the Lyr. Is this true? I was starting to warm up to the idea going from Lyr+Bifrost to Mjolnir+Gungnir but now I'm not so sure. The reason for swapping is that I feel the Lyr+Bifrost sounds too thin specially in the mid bass.
Some edgy DACs sound better with a little fuzzier amp. Just keep track of what combo's sound good since you are upgrading both and you'll be fine.post #2070 of 326312/12/12 at 12:06am
Can anyone who's used the MJ extensively confirm that its sound sig is skewed with a mid-range emphasis? Or let's put it this way, is the amp more suitable to playback jazz/vocal/audiophile recordings but not really ideal for classical/hard rock/metal/movie scores?
- Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 36 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Best looking tube amp 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 3 minutes ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 4 minutes ago
- › Buzzingand pops in headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)