Yep apparently it was in a dream I had /facepalm
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I'm Trying To Decide On Best Setup For My Budget(4k) And Taste. Which would you buy? Last post on 8/23/14 at 5:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-3 and $1K amp or Audeze LCD-2 and $2K, where is the sweet spot? Last post on 8/11/14 at 1:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Need Help Choosing Headphones/Amp/DAC/Cables Last post on 7/11/12 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/10/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier - Page 138post #2056 of 321612/11/12 at 7:17am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2057 of 321612/11/12 at 11:03ampost #2058 of 321612/11/12 at 11:17amQuote:
Yes, both balanced and unbalanced input. Just not both at the same time.post #2059 of 321612/11/12 at 11:28ampost #2060 of 321612/11/12 at 12:13pm
Having heard neither I would definitly go for the amp first :D
Headphones > Amp > Source. ( > indicates more important)post #2061 of 321612/11/12 at 12:55pmpost #2062 of 321612/11/12 at 1:01pm
I'm 110% sure I'll start rolling tubes with the Lyr.
I can afford both Mjo/Gung but not at the same time according to my monthly budget allowance for personal items. :)post #2063 of 321612/11/12 at 1:07pmpost #2064 of 321612/11/12 at 1:32pm
Is it really THAT bright!?post #2065 of 321612/11/12 at 1:44pm
W4S is a dark source, W4S + Mjolnir too bright for me. PWD2 much more tonally balanced but also smooth as butter so might work with the Mjolnir if you like light bass balance. HD800 users would probably like the combo.post #2066 of 321612/11/12 at 2:19pmpost #2067 of 321612/11/12 at 2:34pmQuote:
I don't find Mjolnir > LCD-3 to be overly bright using either the Gungnir or Grace m903 as source. To each his own, of course.post #2068 of 321612/11/12 at 8:50pm
I've been reading some reviews on the Mjolnir and quite a few people mention that it is too bright and one guy even mentioned that it sounds thinner than the Lyr. Is this true? I was starting to warm up to the idea going from Lyr+Bifrost to Mjolnir+Gungnir but now I'm not so sure. The reason for swapping is that I feel the Lyr+Bifrost sounds too thin specially in the mid bass.post #2069 of 321612/11/12 at 11:14pmQuote:Just keep track of the DAC used with the Mjolnir when you see comments about it being to bright and you should be able to deduce that it has more to do with the DAC used than the Mjolnir. The Mjolnir is just amping what it gets, sharp or otherwise.Originally Posted by technica18
I've been reading some reviews on the Mjolnir and quite a few people mention that it is too bright and one guy even mentioned that it sounds thinner than the Lyr. Is this true? I was starting to warm up to the idea going from Lyr+Bifrost to Mjolnir+Gungnir but now I'm not so sure. The reason for swapping is that I feel the Lyr+Bifrost sounds too thin specially in the mid bass.
Some edgy DACs sound better with a little fuzzier amp. Just keep track of what combo's sound good since you are upgrading both and you'll be fine.post #2070 of 321612/12/12 at 12:06am
Can anyone who's used the MJ extensively confirm that its sound sig is skewed with a mid-range emphasis? Or let's put it this way, is the amp more suitable to playback jazz/vocal/audiophile recordings but not really ideal for classical/hard rock/metal/movie scores?
- Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Help understanding EQ settings 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA 2 minutes ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 3 minutes ago
- › LFD Zero Integrated LE mk 3.1 (phono MM) 4 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 5 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 6 minutes ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 6 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)