Yep apparently it was in a dream I had /facepalm
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I'm Trying To Decide On Best Setup For My Budget(4k) And Taste. Which would you buy? Last post on 8/23/14 at 5:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-3 and $1K amp or Audeze LCD-2 and $2K, where is the sweet spot? Last post on 8/11/14 at 1:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Need Help Choosing Headphones/Amp/DAC/Cables Last post on 7/11/12 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
First of all the reason I rate the SE215 5/5* is primarily because of the value it presents under the $100 mark. You will be extremely hard pressed to find a pair of IEMs at this price considering...
I'm all about best use on a budget for a specific person and lifestyle. In my case, the Jaybird Bluebud X's were fantastic. You can check out my review on head fi here, but I also have an older...
SENNHEISER URBANITE XL REVIEW Full sized headphones haven't been part of my usage options for quite some time now. I used to own a Sony MDR-1R but despite the excellent comfort and decent sound my...
Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier - Page 138post #2056 of 340912/11/12 at 7:17am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2057 of 340912/11/12 at 11:03ampost #2058 of 340912/11/12 at 11:17amQuote:
Yes, both balanced and unbalanced input. Just not both at the same time.post #2059 of 340912/11/12 at 11:28ampost #2060 of 340912/11/12 at 12:13pm
Having heard neither I would definitly go for the amp first :D
Headphones > Amp > Source. ( > indicates more important)post #2061 of 340912/11/12 at 12:55pmpost #2062 of 340912/11/12 at 1:01pm
I'm 110% sure I'll start rolling tubes with the Lyr.
I can afford both Mjo/Gung but not at the same time according to my monthly budget allowance for personal items. :)post #2063 of 340912/11/12 at 1:07pmpost #2064 of 340912/11/12 at 1:32pm
Is it really THAT bright!?post #2065 of 340912/11/12 at 1:44pm
W4S is a dark source, W4S + Mjolnir too bright for me. PWD2 much more tonally balanced but also smooth as butter so might work with the Mjolnir if you like light bass balance. HD800 users would probably like the combo.post #2066 of 340912/11/12 at 2:19pmpost #2067 of 340912/11/12 at 2:34pmQuote:
I don't find Mjolnir > LCD-3 to be overly bright using either the Gungnir or Grace m903 as source. To each his own, of course.post #2068 of 340912/11/12 at 8:50pm
I've been reading some reviews on the Mjolnir and quite a few people mention that it is too bright and one guy even mentioned that it sounds thinner than the Lyr. Is this true? I was starting to warm up to the idea going from Lyr+Bifrost to Mjolnir+Gungnir but now I'm not so sure. The reason for swapping is that I feel the Lyr+Bifrost sounds too thin specially in the mid bass.post #2069 of 340912/11/12 at 11:14pmQuote:Just keep track of the DAC used with the Mjolnir when you see comments about it being to bright and you should be able to deduce that it has more to do with the DAC used than the Mjolnir. The Mjolnir is just amping what it gets, sharp or otherwise.Originally Posted by technica18
I've been reading some reviews on the Mjolnir and quite a few people mention that it is too bright and one guy even mentioned that it sounds thinner than the Lyr. Is this true? I was starting to warm up to the idea going from Lyr+Bifrost to Mjolnir+Gungnir but now I'm not so sure. The reason for swapping is that I feel the Lyr+Bifrost sounds too thin specially in the mid bass.
Some edgy DACs sound better with a little fuzzier amp. Just keep track of what combo's sound good since you are upgrading both and you'll be fine.post #2070 of 340912/12/12 at 12:06am
Can anyone who's used the MJ extensively confirm that its sound sig is skewed with a mid-range emphasis? Or let's put it this way, is the amp more suitable to playback jazz/vocal/audiophile recordings but not really ideal for classical/hard rock/metal/movie scores?
- Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › "The Lab" 48 seconds ago
- › How exactly does an amp effect sound? 1 minute ago
- › Fresh From The Oven: iBasso P5 "Falcon" 1 minute ago
- › Everybody's Favorite Question...Which IEM $300 range 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › hd25-1 appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3