- 8,611 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I'm Trying To Decide On Best Setup For My Budget(4k) And Taste. Which would you buy? Last post on 8/23/14 at 5:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-3 and $1K amp or Audeze LCD-2 and $2K, where is the sweet spot? Last post on 8/11/14 at 1:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Need Help Choosing Headphones/Amp/DAC/Cables Last post on 7/11/12 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier - Page 107post #1591 of 340510/19/12 at 9:54amAmp on top.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1592 of 340510/19/12 at 10:00ampost #1593 of 340510/19/12 at 10:02amQuote:
'But also its heat is from the bottom so'
duly noted! :)post #1594 of 340510/19/12 at 11:38ampost #1595 of 340510/19/12 at 12:42pmpost #1596 of 340510/19/12 at 1:14pmpost #1597 of 340510/19/12 at 2:22pmpost #1598 of 340510/19/12 at 3:23pm
So you'd classify the Gungnir as warm, or the V800 as sterile?post #1599 of 340510/19/12 at 3:26pm
None of the above. It's more complex.
E.g. I believe many hear what they read in reviews. The "truth" (in the ears of the beholder) is the right answer.
Edited by Loevhagen - 10/19/12 at 3:29pmpost #1600 of 340510/19/12 at 3:33pm
Is it just me residing in Norway (230V) that gets the impression that the Mjolnir gets "crazy" warm? Man, it sure gets warm after some hours - and the Gungnir placed underneath is likewise.
My thoughts leap to Solude that stated he wanted the Mjolnir to get hotter.post #1601 of 340510/19/12 at 3:46pmpost #1602 of 340510/19/12 at 3:49pmpost #1603 of 340510/19/12 at 4:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by dcginc
getting ready to 'order up' some, well, Schiit in both the Gungnir and Mjolnir. I may place each item on a separate shelf but I may also choose to stack them.
Which unit, if any, outputs more heat than the other? DAC v.s. amp as far as what should be placed on top of the stack, vs what should be on the bottom assuming one does put out more heat than the other. I would guess the amp puts out more heat and thus should be on the top of the stack. maybe this just doesn't matter at all
The officially stated advice for Bifrost is amp on top. Should be the same for Gungnir/Mjolnir.post #1604 of 340510/19/12 at 4:10pmQuote:
I was wondering the same thing. I went with amp on top because the amp should definitely put out a lot more heat than the DAC.
- Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › AKG k240 or AKG k271 or Bose OE2I or Alessandro MS1 2009 vs 29 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Is it safe for me to listen with 100% volume? 1 minute ago
- › Are "Gold" cables from China worth anything? Is "Gold" necessary? 2 minutes ago
- › Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? 2 minutes ago
- › Need help with picking headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015:... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)