- 8,662 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I'm Trying To Decide On Best Setup For My Budget(4k) And Taste. Which would you buy? Last post on 8/23/14 at 5:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-3 and $1K amp or Audeze LCD-2 and $2K, where is the sweet spot? Last post on 8/11/14 at 1:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Need Help Choosing Headphones/Amp/DAC/Cables Last post on 7/11/12 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I didn't really know about PaiAudio at all until very recently when I was approached by Alex Fan...
Vibro Labs Aria (universal) – initial impressions In my travels on Head-Fi over the last year or so, Vibro Labs is a name I had heard bandied around in various forums, mainly as makers of...
Alright, these are the most confusing set of cans I've ever owned. Why are they so cheap? It doesn't make any sense. Right out of the gate, these are the most comfortable set of headphones...
Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier - Page 107post #1591 of 352510/19/12 at 9:54amAmp on top.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1592 of 352510/19/12 at 10:00ampost #1593 of 352510/19/12 at 10:02amQuote:
'But also its heat is from the bottom so'
duly noted! :)post #1594 of 352510/19/12 at 11:38ampost #1595 of 352510/19/12 at 12:42pmpost #1596 of 352510/19/12 at 1:14pmpost #1597 of 352510/19/12 at 2:22pmpost #1598 of 352510/19/12 at 3:23pm
So you'd classify the Gungnir as warm, or the V800 as sterile?post #1599 of 352510/19/12 at 3:26pm
None of the above. It's more complex.
E.g. I believe many hear what they read in reviews. The "truth" (in the ears of the beholder) is the right answer.
Edited by Loevhagen - 10/19/12 at 3:29pmpost #1600 of 352510/19/12 at 3:33pm
Is it just me residing in Norway (230V) that gets the impression that the Mjolnir gets "crazy" warm? Man, it sure gets warm after some hours - and the Gungnir placed underneath is likewise.
My thoughts leap to Solude that stated he wanted the Mjolnir to get hotter.post #1601 of 352510/19/12 at 3:46pmpost #1602 of 352510/19/12 at 3:49pmpost #1603 of 352510/19/12 at 4:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by dcginc
getting ready to 'order up' some, well, Schiit in both the Gungnir and Mjolnir. I may place each item on a separate shelf but I may also choose to stack them.
Which unit, if any, outputs more heat than the other? DAC v.s. amp as far as what should be placed on top of the stack, vs what should be on the bottom assuming one does put out more heat than the other. I would guess the amp puts out more heat and thus should be on the top of the stack. maybe this just doesn't matter at all
The officially stated advice for Bifrost is amp on top. Should be the same for Gungnir/Mjolnir.post #1604 of 352510/19/12 at 4:10pmQuote:
I was wondering the same thing. I went with amp on top because the amp should definitely put out a lot more heat than the DAC.
- Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 1 minute ago
- › Torpedo III Build Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 6 minutes ago
- › Dragonfly black USB head wiggles? 7 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 11 minutes ago
- › Prog rock 12 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...