- 8,662 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I'm Trying To Decide On Best Setup For My Budget(4k) And Taste. Which would you buy? Last post on 8/23/14 at 5:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-3 and $1K amp or Audeze LCD-2 and $2K, where is the sweet spot? Last post on 8/11/14 at 1:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Need Help Choosing Headphones/Amp/DAC/Cables Last post on 7/11/12 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is my first review and it's going to be brief...Never in my life have I been so damn impressed with an audio product (I have a bunch) than I am with my Custom K10's!!! There is not 1 thing...
INTRODUCTION Hello again guys, I am Areek Nibras, a junior Head-fier and a recently graduated physician from Bangladesh, currently doing post-graduation training in Internal medicine. Today I will...
I picked up these for my wife. I thought that since she is more of an average listener (not too concerned with audio), the V-shaped sound might be acceptable or even preferred. I gave them a listen...
I got to listen to these for a couple weeks as part of the USA tour, with the requirement that I write a review and pay to ship them to the next participant. I am not affiliated with, and was not...
Introduction: I have had the chance to listen to the HD800 a few times at local Head-Fi meets. However, I have never got a good chance to listen to them, either the person who owned them...
Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier - Page 107post #1591 of 352310/19/12 at 9:54amAmp on top.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1592 of 352310/19/12 at 10:00ampost #1593 of 352310/19/12 at 10:02amQuote:
'But also its heat is from the bottom so'
duly noted! :)post #1594 of 352310/19/12 at 11:38ampost #1595 of 352310/19/12 at 12:42pmpost #1596 of 352310/19/12 at 1:14pmpost #1597 of 352310/19/12 at 2:22pmpost #1598 of 352310/19/12 at 3:23pm
So you'd classify the Gungnir as warm, or the V800 as sterile?post #1599 of 352310/19/12 at 3:26pm
None of the above. It's more complex.
E.g. I believe many hear what they read in reviews. The "truth" (in the ears of the beholder) is the right answer.
Edited by Loevhagen - 10/19/12 at 3:29pmpost #1600 of 352310/19/12 at 3:33pm
Is it just me residing in Norway (230V) that gets the impression that the Mjolnir gets "crazy" warm? Man, it sure gets warm after some hours - and the Gungnir placed underneath is likewise.
My thoughts leap to Solude that stated he wanted the Mjolnir to get hotter.post #1601 of 352310/19/12 at 3:46pmpost #1602 of 352310/19/12 at 3:49pmpost #1603 of 352310/19/12 at 4:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by dcginc
getting ready to 'order up' some, well, Schiit in both the Gungnir and Mjolnir. I may place each item on a separate shelf but I may also choose to stack them.
Which unit, if any, outputs more heat than the other? DAC v.s. amp as far as what should be placed on top of the stack, vs what should be on the bottom assuming one does put out more heat than the other. I would guess the amp puts out more heat and thus should be on the top of the stack. maybe this just doesn't matter at all
The officially stated advice for Bifrost is amp on top. Should be the same for Gungnir/Mjolnir.post #1604 of 352310/19/12 at 4:10pmQuote:
I was wondering the same thing. I went with amp on top because the amp should definitely put out a lot more heat than the DAC.
- Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Which IEM have you heard that has the most deepest subwoofer bass? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 2 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM BassHEAD club) 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › 2016 St. Louis Area Spring Meet - April 30, 2016 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Help With Over Ear Headphone Choice <$150 5 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 6 minutes ago
- › Looking for IEMs for about $80-100 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by areek
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › X-18 D2 - Sundown Audio 18" Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer by RockeyDA
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse