- 8,662 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I'm Trying To Decide On Best Setup For My Budget(4k) And Taste. Which would you buy? Last post on 8/23/14 at 5:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-3 and $1K amp or Audeze LCD-2 and $2K, where is the sweet spot? Last post on 8/11/14 at 1:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Need Help Choosing Headphones/Amp/DAC/Cables Last post on 7/11/12 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
Background When was the last time you used a pair of earbuds? Perhaps you use your Apple Earpods at work to remain inconspicuous, or maybe you are one of the many who have purchased the VE...
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble:Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing in-ears....
Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier - Page 107post #1591 of 352410/19/12 at 9:54amAmp on top.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1592 of 352410/19/12 at 10:00ampost #1593 of 352410/19/12 at 10:02amQuote:
'But also its heat is from the bottom so'
duly noted! :)post #1594 of 352410/19/12 at 11:38ampost #1595 of 352410/19/12 at 12:42pmpost #1596 of 352410/19/12 at 1:14pmpost #1597 of 352410/19/12 at 2:22pmpost #1598 of 352410/19/12 at 3:23pm
So you'd classify the Gungnir as warm, or the V800 as sterile?post #1599 of 352410/19/12 at 3:26pm
None of the above. It's more complex.
E.g. I believe many hear what they read in reviews. The "truth" (in the ears of the beholder) is the right answer.
Edited by Loevhagen - 10/19/12 at 3:29pmpost #1600 of 352410/19/12 at 3:33pm
Is it just me residing in Norway (230V) that gets the impression that the Mjolnir gets "crazy" warm? Man, it sure gets warm after some hours - and the Gungnir placed underneath is likewise.
My thoughts leap to Solude that stated he wanted the Mjolnir to get hotter.post #1601 of 352410/19/12 at 3:46pmpost #1602 of 352410/19/12 at 3:49pmpost #1603 of 352410/19/12 at 4:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by dcginc
getting ready to 'order up' some, well, Schiit in both the Gungnir and Mjolnir. I may place each item on a separate shelf but I may also choose to stack them.
Which unit, if any, outputs more heat than the other? DAC v.s. amp as far as what should be placed on top of the stack, vs what should be on the bottom assuming one does put out more heat than the other. I would guess the amp puts out more heat and thus should be on the top of the stack. maybe this just doesn't matter at all
The officially stated advice for Bifrost is amp on top. Should be the same for Gungnir/Mjolnir.post #1604 of 352410/19/12 at 4:10pmQuote:
I was wondering the same thing. I went with amp on top because the amp should definitely put out a lot more heat than the DAC.
- Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › LH Labs Lightspeed Revive 28 seconds ago
- › Twister6 Audio REVIEW index - the past, the present, and the future 38 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 45 seconds ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload ! 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › How to eliminate stuttering in audio players? 1 minute ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...