Quick update: the chassis guys are stepping up, and I expect to be shipping by the 14th, as stated on the site. Keep your fingers crossed, though--you never know what's going to happen until the parts are actually here. Tons of boards are here and ready to go, so it's really down to the chassis.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I'm Trying To Decide On Best Setup For My Budget(4k) And Taste. Which would you buy? Last post on 8/23/14 at 5:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-3 and $1K amp or Audeze LCD-2 and $2K, where is the sweet spot? Last post on 8/11/14 at 1:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Need Help Choosing Headphones/Amp/DAC/Cables Last post on 7/11/12 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/6/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier - Page 10post #136 of 34927/6/12 at 10:30am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 34927/6/12 at 10:47ampost #138 of 34927/6/12 at 11:12amQuote:
Uh, what final web page? It is final.post #139 of 34927/6/12 at 11:27ampost #140 of 34927/6/12 at 11:44amQuote:
It will--eventually--after we get perfect metal and ship one off to the photographer. It'll take a few weeks.post #141 of 34927/6/12 at 1:37pmpost #142 of 34927/6/12 at 8:51pmpost #143 of 34927/7/12 at 11:25amQuote:
Yep, absolutely. Two HE-6s might be a little rough, though . . .post #144 of 34927/7/12 at 11:43ampost #145 of 34927/7/12 at 11:43amQuote:
Nope, but you'll very likely trip the protection. Click!post #146 of 34927/7/12 at 12:02pmpost #147 of 34927/7/12 at 1:46pmQuote:
Nope, both are active all the time.post #148 of 34927/9/12 at 12:28amHi Jason
That is terrifying to hear. So I'll have to switch off my active speakers every time I wanna listen with headphones?Quote:Originally Posted by Jason Stoddard
Nope, both are active all the time.Quote:Originally Posted by Solude
Actually one question I'm not sure has been covered. Are the pre-outs disabled when a headphone is plugged in?post #149 of 34927/9/12 at 5:06ampost #150 of 34927/9/12 at 5:35amQuote:
Too many doing it this way so I finally caved and pulled the trigger on a passive pre last night. Didn't cost much, $150, and now whether my headamp has pre-outs or whether those pre-outs are defeatable is a non issue.
- Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Ultrasone Signature Pro!!! Mint 1 minute ago
- › Need amp/dac? 1 minute ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 1 minute ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2