Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier - Page 82

post #1216 of 3222
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

 

This is classic signs of.....

Amazing bass and energetic..uh, mixed signals..

post #1217 of 3222
Quote:

 edginess and thinness in the treble.

 

 

I know.   I'm talking about ^^^^

post #1218 of 3222
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

 

I know.   I'm talking about ^^^^

Now is that the amp not delivering quite enough power or just Mojo's  SQ...

post #1219 of 3222
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

Comparatively to what?

To my Little Dot MKVI+ (with Tung Sol 5998 + ECC35) and a pionneer SX1980. I have to clarify that I am not sure about the source, except that is was some massive SACD player....rolleyes.gif

post #1220 of 3222
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

Now is that the amp not delivering quite enough power or just Mojo's  SQ...

 

 

Don't no, I have the hear it for myself.  It'll be interesting to hear more Mojo X HE-6 impressions.

post #1221 of 3222

Note also that it was some brief impressions in meet conditions so take that with a large spoon of salt. The Mjolnir definitely impress but I am slightly concerned it could become tiring during long listening session and depending on the style of music played.

post #1222 of 3222

The bass on the Mjolnir is clean, tight, very dynamic with a lot of impact but IMHO not very good at revealing texture and nuance. I haven't listend to the BHA-1 alot but the bass sounded pretty similar to the Mjolnir.                                                                                                                                                                                 

post #1223 of 3222

Did you guys get a chance to listen the the LCD-2.2 on both the Mojo and the BHA-1?  What was the outcome?

post #1224 of 3222
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpunk View Post
 I am slightly concerned it could become tiring during long listening session and depending on the style of music played.

 

I'm also concerned about this. Any current owners comment? 

post #1225 of 3222

Haven't noticed a problem, even with the HD800s. YMMV. It could very well depend upon DACs, i.e. I wouldn't pair the Mjolnir up with the Benchmark. The PWD2 w/ fw2.02 I'm running is on the warm side of most DACs. I doubt you'll have a problem with the AGD Ref 1 with the PCM1704s and all.


Edited by purrin - 9/15/12 at 4:11pm
post #1226 of 3222
Quote:
Originally Posted by purrin View Post

Haven't noticed a problem, even with the HD800s. YMMV. It could very well depend upon DACs, i.e. I wouldn't pair the Mjolnir up with the Benchmark. The PWD2 w/ fw2.02 I'm running is on the warm side of most DACs. I doubt you'll have a problem with the AGD Ref 1 with the PCM1704s and all.

 

Indeed... I'm debating between one of these and a phonitor/auditor. Tough call without hearing the latter. That PWD2 is a beautiful unit. I saw one at the meet (forget the guy's handle, but remember his name). Really loved the look and sound of it :)

post #1227 of 3222
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

Indeed... I'm debating between one of these and a phonitor/auditor. Tough call without hearing the latter. That PWD2 is a beautiful unit. I saw one at the meet (forget the guy's handle, but remember his name). Really loved the look and sound of it smily_headphones1.gif
Well the good thing about my Auditor is that I never get listening fatigue. Even after 5 hours straight. Supposedly they made it so you don't get fatigue. So that's one thing that is stopping me from getting the Mjolnir. The other is switch at the back which is hard to reach if you have the amp on the bottom shelf.
post #1228 of 3222
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Sup View Post


Well the good thing about my Auditor is that I never get listening fatigue. Even after 5 hours straight. Supposedly they made it so you don't get fatigue. So that's one thing that is stopping me from getting the Mjolnir. The other is switch at the back which is hard to reach if you have the amp on the bottom shelf.

 

 

It's one of the big drawbacks. The other being the whole hassle of recabling headphones to make them balanced, which isn't always a super fun ordeal. I'm keeping an eye open to snag an auditor/phonitor at some point. I'll try to do a comparison. 

post #1229 of 3222
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattesp View Post

The bass on the Mjolnir is clean, tight, very dynamic with a lot of impact but IMHO not very good at revealing texture and nuance. I haven't listend to the BHA-1 alot but the bass sounded pretty similar to the Mjolnir.                                                                                                                                                                                 

I would say that the bass from the Mjolnir sounds like a subwoofer cuted with a 24db slope (faster and tighter) and the BHA-1 like a subwoofer cut-off of 18 db slope (rounder and fuller but still fast enough to follow my music genre - electronica).

 

Both amp sounds excellent in that department. Just slightly different.

 

I prefered the bass coming from the Bryston but could easily live with the one from the Mjolnir.

post #1230 of 3222
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

Did you guys get a chance to listen the the LCD-2.2 on both the Mojo and the BHA-1?  What was the outcome?

Yes. Fantastic results. Both amps seems to have been created for the LCD-2r2 in mind (I know for a fact that this not the case with the Bryston).

 

The darker signature of the LCD-2r2 (in comparaison of HD-800, HE-6 and T1) is a superb synergy with the Mjolnir and Bryston and their more in your face sound.

 

I can't see anybody who can complain about the combinaison of the LCD-2r2 and any of these two amps.

 

LCD-2r2 owners, you can buy any of these amps without any concerns. You will be more than satisfied. I promise you.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier