It's a bit hard to go through all the pages of waiting and then the actual impressions so I was wondering how people felt the SE input of the amp is compared to the balanced. I've been thinking about getting the amp but I don't have balanced out on my dac and don't really want to get a balanced dac and have two separate systems.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I'm Trying To Decide On Best Setup For My Budget(4k) And Taste. Which would you buy? Last post on 8/23/14 at 5:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-3 and $1K amp or Audeze LCD-2 and $2K, where is the sweet spot? Last post on 8/11/14 at 1:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Need Help Choosing Headphones/Amp/DAC/Cables Last post on 7/11/12 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 4/13/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier - Page 79post #1171 of 34549/13/12 at 9:41am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1172 of 34549/13/12 at 11:26ampost #1173 of 34549/13/12 at 4:28pm
I was on the pre-order list and have order#2408.
I am couroius, were did you hear shipping would begin on Friday?
I have not recieved any updates from Schiit regarding ship dates.post #1174 of 34549/13/12 at 4:33pmQuote:
I am order #2406. I asked Jason directly. I was expecting shipping earlier this week, which didn't happen.
So I wanted to change my shipping to overnight and Jason said shipping begins Friday.post #1175 of 34549/13/12 at 5:44pmQuote:
That's good to hear. I do have a pretty good dac and would be a shame to have to invest in another dac although that may happen eventually but that's another story. I guess buying one to compare the V200 and the Mjolnir amp would be pretty fun.post #1176 of 34549/13/12 at 6:00pmQuote:
Sounds like a hobby to me!post #1177 of 34549/13/12 at 6:35pmQuote:
Great. Thanks for the info.
I may have mine before the end of next week if all goes well.post #1178 of 34549/14/12 at 7:23amQuote:
If you search this thread for "single ended" you get a bunch of differing opinions.post #1179 of 34549/14/12 at 10:47amQuote:
Mjolnir + LCD2 is an excellent combo and must be heard.post #1180 of 34549/14/12 at 11:16am
Got mine a few days ago..I do not have the Gungnir..currently using the bifrost.,& Lcd-2's,plus my new pair of He-6's.
All I can say,it is the most dynamic,strong,clear,detailed sound,,I could have imagined,or hoped for.
One of the strongest points is the bass,much deeper,that what I had from the Lyr.
Most of my music files are ..acoustic guitar,some rock,and mild jazz..all come through perfectly.
With the mjolnir,you hear details in the music,you never heard before,for example...people in the audience,coughing,musician,sliding their fingers across the fret board,musicians,inhaling & exhaling,while they perform...that kind of detail & clarity.
It is like siting in the front.. row of a concert hall.
It is definetly a,night & day experience.
I really loved my,Lyr/bifrost combo,& I was undecided about upgrading,but,man I'm glad I did.
I will miss the lyr,& all 35 pairs of tubes ,but sold most of them & glad I did
I e-mailed Jason at Schiit,to tell him my impressions ,& to thank him,and ask him a few questions about the Gungnir;
He wrote back,:
"Gungnir is a gigantic step up from Bifrost--I think you'd be very surprised how big a step up."
So,guess what my next purchase will be?
Anyone ,on the fence about the mjolnir...don't hesitate..just get it...it is one hell of an amp..
This amp ,will take you into audio heaven.the best upgrade ,I've made so far..
Mikepost #1181 of 34549/14/12 at 11:24am
Have tried the Mjolnir with LCD-2, LCD-3, HE-6 and HE-500. What I hear is beyond what I expected - except for one thing. And, that one thing was a thing that the pirate kitten said back in this thread; the depth in the music is not that good with Mjolnir. The width and the rest are however stamped "Approved".
Edited by Loevhagen - 9/14/12 at 11:27ampost #1182 of 34549/14/12 at 11:37amQuote:
I'll find out soon enough. If all else fails I'll just get a balanced dac and keep my current one. A matching gungnir dac with this amp would look pretty nice :) I'm probably selling the amp I have eventually so going to order this one and compare before that happens. Schiit does have that 15 day return policy so no worries here.post #1183 of 34549/14/12 at 12:03pmpost #1184 of 34549/14/12 at 12:04pm
It's not many good SS amps the LCD-2.2 is not good or to some excellent with. The LCD-2.2 is just one of those kind of headphones. Or maybe it's the only headphone that can carry that title.post #1185 of 34549/14/12 at 12:08pm
Loevhagen, im always a fan of your photography skills. Those pictures look excellent. If you don't mind, could you upload a higher resolution image of that final picture in your first post (the Mjolnir and LCD3)? It looks beautiful.
- Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 24 seconds ago
- › Help me chose closed over the ear headphones in between 100-200$ 49 seconds ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Luxury & Precision L5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player with... 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 3 minutes ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 4 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by viperxp
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi® Matrix2 AF62 Stereo Bluetooth®... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Headphone Amplifier by mark2410
- › Topping VX1 2x25W Hi-Fi Power Stereo Subwoofer Amplifier... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Hawaiibadboy
- › Graham Slee Majestic DAC by mark2410
- › MEElectronics HT-21 Travel Lightweight Headphone with Swivel Cups,... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by enthusiast
- › AUDIOTRAK Prodigy CUBE External USB Sound Card by YoYo JoKeR
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by sarora
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2