It's a bit hard to go through all the pages of waiting and then the actual impressions so I was wondering how people felt the SE input of the amp is compared to the balanced. I've been thinking about getting the amp but I don't have balanced out on my dac and don't really want to get a balanced dac and have two separate systems.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I'm Trying To Decide On Best Setup For My Budget(4k) And Taste. Which would you buy? Last post on 8/23/14 at 5:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-3 and $1K amp or Audeze LCD-2 and $2K, where is the sweet spot? Last post on 8/11/14 at 1:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Need Help Choosing Headphones/Amp/DAC/Cables Last post on 7/11/12 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
At the time this review was written, the Earsonics S-EM9 was listed for sale on Musicteck’s online store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
HIFIMAN SuperMini review Oct 2016 INTRO Just some background on me with previous experience of daps and why I’ve arrived here at this point in time. ...In a Hi-Fi...
First of all, above any other factor, these are just SO COMFORTABLE!! There are very expensive headphones I used that sound really good but feel like someone is trying to crush my head. These have...
The FiiO A1 is a nice addition to a smartphone setup.It has the potential to save battery power when listening with portable devices. it doesn't extend very well and bass and treble is left...
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier - Page 79post #1171 of 35269/13/12 at 9:41am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1172 of 35269/13/12 at 11:26ampost #1173 of 35269/13/12 at 4:28pm
I was on the pre-order list and have order#2408.
I am couroius, were did you hear shipping would begin on Friday?
I have not recieved any updates from Schiit regarding ship dates.post #1174 of 35269/13/12 at 4:33pmQuote:
I am order #2406. I asked Jason directly. I was expecting shipping earlier this week, which didn't happen.
So I wanted to change my shipping to overnight and Jason said shipping begins Friday.post #1175 of 35269/13/12 at 5:44pmQuote:
That's good to hear. I do have a pretty good dac and would be a shame to have to invest in another dac although that may happen eventually but that's another story. I guess buying one to compare the V200 and the Mjolnir amp would be pretty fun.post #1176 of 35269/13/12 at 6:00pmQuote:
Sounds like a hobby to me!post #1177 of 35269/13/12 at 6:35pmQuote:
Great. Thanks for the info.
I may have mine before the end of next week if all goes well.post #1178 of 35269/14/12 at 7:23amQuote:
If you search this thread for "single ended" you get a bunch of differing opinions.post #1179 of 35269/14/12 at 10:47amQuote:
Mjolnir + LCD2 is an excellent combo and must be heard.post #1180 of 35269/14/12 at 11:16am
Got mine a few days ago..I do not have the Gungnir..currently using the bifrost.,& Lcd-2's,plus my new pair of He-6's.
All I can say,it is the most dynamic,strong,clear,detailed sound,,I could have imagined,or hoped for.
One of the strongest points is the bass,much deeper,that what I had from the Lyr.
Most of my music files are ..acoustic guitar,some rock,and mild jazz..all come through perfectly.
With the mjolnir,you hear details in the music,you never heard before,for example...people in the audience,coughing,musician,sliding their fingers across the fret board,musicians,inhaling & exhaling,while they perform...that kind of detail & clarity.
It is like siting in the front.. row of a concert hall.
It is definetly a,night & day experience.
I really loved my,Lyr/bifrost combo,& I was undecided about upgrading,but,man I'm glad I did.
I will miss the lyr,& all 35 pairs of tubes ,but sold most of them & glad I did
I e-mailed Jason at Schiit,to tell him my impressions ,& to thank him,and ask him a few questions about the Gungnir;
He wrote back,:
"Gungnir is a gigantic step up from Bifrost--I think you'd be very surprised how big a step up."
So,guess what my next purchase will be?
Anyone ,on the fence about the mjolnir...don't hesitate..just get it...it is one hell of an amp..
This amp ,will take you into audio heaven.the best upgrade ,I've made so far..
Mikepost #1181 of 35269/14/12 at 11:24am
Have tried the Mjolnir with LCD-2, LCD-3, HE-6 and HE-500. What I hear is beyond what I expected - except for one thing. And, that one thing was a thing that the pirate kitten said back in this thread; the depth in the music is not that good with Mjolnir. The width and the rest are however stamped "Approved".
Edited by Loevhagen - 9/14/12 at 11:27ampost #1182 of 35269/14/12 at 11:37amQuote:
I'll find out soon enough. If all else fails I'll just get a balanced dac and keep my current one. A matching gungnir dac with this amp would look pretty nice :) I'm probably selling the amp I have eventually so going to order this one and compare before that happens. Schiit does have that 15 day return policy so no worries here.post #1183 of 35269/14/12 at 12:03pmpost #1184 of 35269/14/12 at 12:04pm
It's not many good SS amps the LCD-2.2 is not good or to some excellent with. The LCD-2.2 is just one of those kind of headphones. Or maybe it's the only headphone that can carry that title.post #1185 of 35269/14/12 at 12:08pm
Loevhagen, im always a fan of your photography skills. Those pictures look excellent. If you don't mind, could you upload a higher resolution image of that final picture in your first post (the Mjolnir and LCD3)? It looks beautiful.
- Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 31 seconds ago
- › DIY: Emotiva mini-X a-100 Headphone Amp Mod Guide 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 3 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 5 minutes ago
- › Lotoo's new product: Lotoo Paw Pico, a 27g ultra-portable music... 8 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro1 amp power. 9 minutes ago
- › Earsonics - S-EM9 in-ear Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by FortisFlyer75
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...