It's a bit hard to go through all the pages of waiting and then the actual impressions so I was wondering how people felt the SE input of the amp is compared to the balanced. I've been thinking about getting the amp but I don't have balanced out on my dac and don't really want to get a balanced dac and have two separate systems.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I'm Trying To Decide On Best Setup For My Budget(4k) And Taste. Which would you buy? Last post on 8/23/14 at 5:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-3 and $1K amp or Audeze LCD-2 and $2K, where is the sweet spot? Last post on 8/11/14 at 1:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Need Help Choosing Headphones/Amp/DAC/Cables Last post on 7/11/12 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
JOMO PLB (Pretty Little Beast) IEM Review - Expatinjapan `Oh you pretty things` - David Bowie Jomo Audio PLB, Opus#3 Dap and Double Helix Cable. JOMO PLB (Pretty little...
In the present state of portable audio markets, with one-upmanship of driver counts (and prices) fast becoming the norm, Campfire Audio has blazed its own path by offering immaculately crafted,...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEWS ARE CREATED BY SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM AND MORE DETAILED REVIEW CAN BE FOUND ON THE WEBSITE INTRODUCTION We reviewed the VE Monk Plus recently and fell in love with it. The...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEW ARE DONE @ SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM and more insightful review can be found on our site. INTRODUCTION If you are on a budget then you are in for some good luck because...
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier - Page 79post #1171 of 35299/13/12 at 9:41am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1172 of 35299/13/12 at 11:26ampost #1173 of 35299/13/12 at 4:28pm
I was on the pre-order list and have order#2408.
I am couroius, were did you hear shipping would begin on Friday?
I have not recieved any updates from Schiit regarding ship dates.post #1174 of 35299/13/12 at 4:33pmQuote:
I am order #2406. I asked Jason directly. I was expecting shipping earlier this week, which didn't happen.
So I wanted to change my shipping to overnight and Jason said shipping begins Friday.post #1175 of 35299/13/12 at 5:44pmQuote:
That's good to hear. I do have a pretty good dac and would be a shame to have to invest in another dac although that may happen eventually but that's another story. I guess buying one to compare the V200 and the Mjolnir amp would be pretty fun.post #1176 of 35299/13/12 at 6:00pmQuote:
Sounds like a hobby to me!post #1177 of 35299/13/12 at 6:35pmQuote:
Great. Thanks for the info.
I may have mine before the end of next week if all goes well.post #1178 of 35299/14/12 at 7:23amQuote:
If you search this thread for "single ended" you get a bunch of differing opinions.post #1179 of 35299/14/12 at 10:47amQuote:
Mjolnir + LCD2 is an excellent combo and must be heard.post #1180 of 35299/14/12 at 11:16am
Got mine a few days ago..I do not have the Gungnir..currently using the bifrost.,& Lcd-2's,plus my new pair of He-6's.
All I can say,it is the most dynamic,strong,clear,detailed sound,,I could have imagined,or hoped for.
One of the strongest points is the bass,much deeper,that what I had from the Lyr.
Most of my music files are ..acoustic guitar,some rock,and mild jazz..all come through perfectly.
With the mjolnir,you hear details in the music,you never heard before,for example...people in the audience,coughing,musician,sliding their fingers across the fret board,musicians,inhaling & exhaling,while they perform...that kind of detail & clarity.
It is like siting in the front.. row of a concert hall.
It is definetly a,night & day experience.
I really loved my,Lyr/bifrost combo,& I was undecided about upgrading,but,man I'm glad I did.
I will miss the lyr,& all 35 pairs of tubes ,but sold most of them & glad I did
I e-mailed Jason at Schiit,to tell him my impressions ,& to thank him,and ask him a few questions about the Gungnir;
He wrote back,:
"Gungnir is a gigantic step up from Bifrost--I think you'd be very surprised how big a step up."
So,guess what my next purchase will be?
Anyone ,on the fence about the mjolnir...don't hesitate..just get it...it is one hell of an amp..
This amp ,will take you into audio heaven.the best upgrade ,I've made so far..
Mikepost #1181 of 35299/14/12 at 11:24am
Have tried the Mjolnir with LCD-2, LCD-3, HE-6 and HE-500. What I hear is beyond what I expected - except for one thing. And, that one thing was a thing that the pirate kitten said back in this thread; the depth in the music is not that good with Mjolnir. The width and the rest are however stamped "Approved".
Edited by Loevhagen - 9/14/12 at 11:27ampost #1182 of 35299/14/12 at 11:37amQuote:
I'll find out soon enough. If all else fails I'll just get a balanced dac and keep my current one. A matching gungnir dac with this amp would look pretty nice :) I'm probably selling the amp I have eventually so going to order this one and compare before that happens. Schiit does have that 15 day return policy so no worries here.post #1183 of 35299/14/12 at 12:03pmpost #1184 of 35299/14/12 at 12:04pm
It's not many good SS amps the LCD-2.2 is not good or to some excellent with. The LCD-2.2 is just one of those kind of headphones. Or maybe it's the only headphone that can carry that title.post #1185 of 35299/14/12 at 12:08pm
Loevhagen, im always a fan of your photography skills. Those pictures look excellent. If you don't mind, could you upload a higher resolution image of that final picture in your first post (the Mjolnir and LCD3)? It looks beautiful.
- Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Earbuds Round-Up 26 seconds ago
- › Next Astell&Kern: AK480 (and AK500n's successor) wish list & rumors... 1 minute ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 3 minutes ago
- › Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be 4 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 4 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear