It's a bit hard to go through all the pages of waiting and then the actual impressions so I was wondering how people felt the SE input of the amp is compared to the balanced. I've been thinking about getting the amp but I don't have balanced out on my dac and don't really want to get a balanced dac and have two separate systems.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I'm Trying To Decide On Best Setup For My Budget(4k) And Taste. Which would you buy? Last post on 8/23/14 at 5:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-3 and $1K amp or Audeze LCD-2 and $2K, where is the sweet spot? Last post on 8/11/14 at 1:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Need Help Choosing Headphones/Amp/DAC/Cables Last post on 7/11/12 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
I was sent a couple of the ShareMe headphones to try recently for review purposes. The name of the company isn't one that I'm familiar with but I have seen various low priced offerings on...
The ANC-G5 active noise canceling headphones can be had from Amazon for 60 USD. How does it compare to the number one noise canceling headphones, the Bose QuietComfort QC20i? Comfort The...
Preamble: Superlux – the Chinese/Taiwanese company really doesn’t need any further instruction for anyone who is at least just a little into audio and headphones. Being in the...
Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier - Page 79post #1171 of 35259/13/12 at 9:41am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1172 of 35259/13/12 at 11:26ampost #1173 of 35259/13/12 at 4:28pm
I was on the pre-order list and have order#2408.
I am couroius, were did you hear shipping would begin on Friday?
I have not recieved any updates from Schiit regarding ship dates.post #1174 of 35259/13/12 at 4:33pmQuote:
I am order #2406. I asked Jason directly. I was expecting shipping earlier this week, which didn't happen.
So I wanted to change my shipping to overnight and Jason said shipping begins Friday.post #1175 of 35259/13/12 at 5:44pmQuote:
That's good to hear. I do have a pretty good dac and would be a shame to have to invest in another dac although that may happen eventually but that's another story. I guess buying one to compare the V200 and the Mjolnir amp would be pretty fun.post #1176 of 35259/13/12 at 6:00pmQuote:
Sounds like a hobby to me!post #1177 of 35259/13/12 at 6:35pmQuote:
Great. Thanks for the info.
I may have mine before the end of next week if all goes well.post #1178 of 35259/14/12 at 7:23amQuote:
If you search this thread for "single ended" you get a bunch of differing opinions.post #1179 of 35259/14/12 at 10:47amQuote:
Mjolnir + LCD2 is an excellent combo and must be heard.post #1180 of 35259/14/12 at 11:16am
Got mine a few days ago..I do not have the Gungnir..currently using the bifrost.,& Lcd-2's,plus my new pair of He-6's.
All I can say,it is the most dynamic,strong,clear,detailed sound,,I could have imagined,or hoped for.
One of the strongest points is the bass,much deeper,that what I had from the Lyr.
Most of my music files are ..acoustic guitar,some rock,and mild jazz..all come through perfectly.
With the mjolnir,you hear details in the music,you never heard before,for example...people in the audience,coughing,musician,sliding their fingers across the fret board,musicians,inhaling & exhaling,while they perform...that kind of detail & clarity.
It is like siting in the front.. row of a concert hall.
It is definetly a,night & day experience.
I really loved my,Lyr/bifrost combo,& I was undecided about upgrading,but,man I'm glad I did.
I will miss the lyr,& all 35 pairs of tubes ,but sold most of them & glad I did
I e-mailed Jason at Schiit,to tell him my impressions ,& to thank him,and ask him a few questions about the Gungnir;
He wrote back,:
"Gungnir is a gigantic step up from Bifrost--I think you'd be very surprised how big a step up."
So,guess what my next purchase will be?
Anyone ,on the fence about the mjolnir...don't hesitate..just get it...it is one hell of an amp..
This amp ,will take you into audio heaven.the best upgrade ,I've made so far..
Mikepost #1181 of 35259/14/12 at 11:24am
Have tried the Mjolnir with LCD-2, LCD-3, HE-6 and HE-500. What I hear is beyond what I expected - except for one thing. And, that one thing was a thing that the pirate kitten said back in this thread; the depth in the music is not that good with Mjolnir. The width and the rest are however stamped "Approved".
Edited by Loevhagen - 9/14/12 at 11:27ampost #1182 of 35259/14/12 at 11:37amQuote:
I'll find out soon enough. If all else fails I'll just get a balanced dac and keep my current one. A matching gungnir dac with this amp would look pretty nice :) I'm probably selling the amp I have eventually so going to order this one and compare before that happens. Schiit does have that 15 day return policy so no worries here.post #1183 of 35259/14/12 at 12:03pmpost #1184 of 35259/14/12 at 12:04pm
It's not many good SS amps the LCD-2.2 is not good or to some excellent with. The LCD-2.2 is just one of those kind of headphones. Or maybe it's the only headphone that can carry that title.post #1185 of 35259/14/12 at 12:08pm
Loevhagen, im always a fan of your photography skills. Those pictures look excellent. If you don't mind, could you upload a higher resolution image of that final picture in your first post (the Mjolnir and LCD3)? It looks beautiful.
- Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Bottlehead Crack with Speedball 12 seconds ago
- › How to Equalize Your Headphones: 2016 update 1 minute ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 1 minute ago
- › Meze 12 Classics review tour - worldwide reviewers wanted! 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › k7xx, q701,k702 vs ad900x? 3 minutes ago
- › Like new Shure 425 trade for Bose QC25 or OBO 3 minutes ago
- › Blue sennheiser Amperiors TRADE for Bose qc 15 or OBO 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with... by Gabeh765
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by Cinder
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...