Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › V-MODA VAMP: DEVELOPMENT/REVIEWS/PICS/ETC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA VAMP: DEVELOPMENT/REVIEWS/PICS/ETC - Page 38

post #556 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post

Damn, the godap on amazon japan has just severely gone down in price too.

 

e-earphone was having a ridiculous sale today on the Go-DAPs too. Wish I took a picture of the prices (can't remember now) but I'm tempted to say that they were under Y10,000.

post #557 of 691

So if I buy Vamp for $200, what issues should I expect to have without a firmware upgrade?

post #558 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post

So if I buy Vamp for $200, what issues should I expect to have without a firmware upgrade?


I just purchased Vamp for $200 plus I had a 10% coupon, so the final cost was $180.  I would have preferred Verza, but this deal was too good to resist.  It looks like I will be holding onto my Iphone 4 for awhile.  Can't wait to try with my M-100.

post #559 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post

So if I buy Vamp for $200, what issues should I expect to have without a firmware upgrade?

Nothing much.  Mine was hissing and the charge mode was on all the time so I sent it back for the update.  To be honest, the charging issue wasn't that big of a deal and it is totally worth it at $200 not to mention $180.  Have fun.

post #560 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

 

e-earphone was having a ridiculous sale today on the Go-DAPs too. Wish I took a picture of the prices (can't remember now) but I'm tempted to say that they were under Y10,000.

Yeah, must be even cheaper for the second hand used ones, they had a whole slew of them last time I was there. Any VAMPs there?

post #561 of 691

$200?? Man, now I feel like a complete fool for buying the VAMP at $650. Who would've thought the price would drop like this? I mean, VAMP was released only half a year ago and the price is now less than 1/3? Plus the hum issue, and the automatic charging issue (related to iOS6, so I've heard) is really bugging me that I hardly use my VAMP these days. If both issues are taken care of for the $200 VAMPs being sold in the market, I would rather buy them new and just throw out my $650 VAMP instead... mad.gif

 

One of the reasons I've bought the VAMP from V-MODA was because I could trust Val and V-MODA on their customer service, and most importantly, how they make customers feel special. I fell in love with V-MODA because of the way they dealt with M-80 and M-100 (both of which I own). However, for VAMP owners, I don't think V-MODA is doing any justice. And now that they'll be releasing the VAMP VERZA, my guess is that current VAMP owners, including faithful customers like me who actually bought it for $650, won't be getting anything out of it.

 

I do remember reading one of Val's posts several months ago that VAMP customers will have a special offer to upgrade to VAMP VERZA or something like that in the future, so people don't have to worry about spending money now. Well, with my iPhone 4S becoming somewhat outdated, I'm starting to get worried. Considering the significant drop in the price of VAMP, I hope V-MODA abides by their policy and somehow make up for our loss by offering upgrades to VAMP VERZA for VAMP owners at a small extra cost, or by one-to-one exchange. Otherwise current VAMP owners will be left feeling completely deserted.

 

Does Val have anything to say about this?


Edited by songmic - 12/16/12 at 6:08pm
post #562 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by songmic View Post

$200?? Man, now I feel like a complete fool for buying the VAMP at $650. Who would've thought the price would drop like this? I mean, VAMP was released only half a year ago and the price is now less than 1/3? Plus the hum issue, and the automatic charging issue (related to iOS6, so I've heard) is really bugging me that I hardly use my VAMP these days. If both issues are taken care of for the $200 VAMPs being sold in the market, I would rather buy them new and just throw out my $650 VAMP instead... mad.gif

 

One of the reasons I've bought the VAMP from V-MODA was because I could trust Val and V-MODA on their customer service, and most importantly, how they make customers feel special. I fell in love with V-MODA because of the way they dealt with M-80 and M-100 (both of which I own). However, for VAMP owners, I don't think V-MODA is doing any justice. And now that they'll be releasing the VAMP VERZA, my guess is that current VAMP owners, including faithful customers like me who actually bought it for $650, won't be getting anything out of it.

 

I do remember reading one of Val's posts several months ago that VAMP customers will have a special offer to upgrade to VAMP VERZA or something like that in the future, so people don't have to worry about spending money now. Well, with my iPhone 4S becoming somewhat outdated, I'm starting to get worried. Considering the significant drop in the price of VAMP, I hope V-MODA abides by their policy and somehow make up for our loss by offering upgrades to VAMP VERZA for VAMP owners at a small extra cost, or by one-to-one exchange. Otherwise current VAMP owners will be left feeling completely deserted.

 

Does Val have anything to say about this?


I have been on your side of things as an early adopter myself.  While I always found Vamp intriguing, I never felt it was worth anywhere near $650, particularly since it was practically obsolete when it came out.  However, for $180, I couldn't resist.  I was planning on buying the E12 for probably around the same price and Vamp offers significantly more at that price point, particularly since my Iphone 4 meets my needs.  I would think Verza will hold its value better as it is universal and won't be viewed as dated technology due to exclusive compatiblility with Iphone 4/4S.


Edited by Craigster75 - 12/16/12 at 8:37pm
post #563 of 691
Songmic, if you decide to throw out your vamp, I'd be happy to take it off your hands. I'll pay postage.
post #564 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by songmic View Post

$200?? Man, now I feel like a complete fool for buying the VAMP at $650. Who would've thought the price would drop like this? I mean, VAMP was released only half a year ago and the price is now less than 1/3? Plus the hum issue, and the automatic charging issue (related to iOS6, so I've heard) is really bugging me that I hardly use my VAMP these days. If both issues are taken care of for the $200 VAMPs being sold in the market, I would rather buy them new and just throw out my $650 VAMP instead... mad.gif

 

One of the reasons I've bought the VAMP from V-MODA was because I could trust Val and V-MODA on their customer service, and most importantly, how they make customers feel special. I fell in love with V-MODA because of the way they dealt with M-80 and M-100 (both of which I own). However, for VAMP owners, I don't think V-MODA is doing any justice. And now that they'll be releasing the VAMP VERZA, my guess is that current VAMP owners, including faithful customers like me who actually bought it for $650, won't be getting anything out of it.

 

I do remember reading one of Val's posts several months ago that VAMP customers will have a special offer to upgrade to VAMP VERZA or something like that in the future, so people don't have to worry about spending money now. Well, with my iPhone 4S becoming somewhat outdated, I'm starting to get worried. Considering the significant drop in the price of VAMP, I hope V-MODA abides by their policy and somehow make up for our loss by offering upgrades to VAMP VERZA for VAMP owners at a small extra cost, or by one-to-one exchange. Otherwise current VAMP owners will be left feeling completely deserted.

 

Does Val have anything to say about this?

I am actually very temped to buy it again and just ignore the charging issue.  I really hope that V-moda tech support will be able to find and update my VAMP or it will be MIA and $600 out the window.

post #565 of 691

200.... life sucks.

I thought i was lucky when i pulled the trigger on 450...

 

I still have to pay the tax importing it to Norway on 450....

post #566 of 691
Question, will the amp be able to "hook" onto our portable devices or will it be like other amps and be left seperate only connected by a wire?
post #567 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD23 View Post

Question, will the amp be able to "hook" onto our portable devices or will it be like other amps and be left seperate only connected by a wire?

The Verza is a modded Go-DAP X, so rubber band?

post #568 of 691
I guess a rubber band would solve the problem:/
post #569 of 691

How is the hiss/background noise out of the m100?

 

BTW what is the charging issue?

post #570 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD23 View Post

Question, will the amp be able to "hook" onto our portable devices or will it be like other amps and be left seperate only connected by a wire?

The Verza is a modded Go-DAP X, so rubber band?

Wait, so you're saying the VERZA is essentially a re-branded Go-DAP X with some slight tweaks? blink.gif

Now that I see the photos, they do look very similar in appearance....

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › V-MODA VAMP: DEVELOPMENT/REVIEWS/PICS/ETC