Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › V-MODA VAMP: DEVELOPMENT/REVIEWS/PICS/ETC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA VAMP: DEVELOPMENT/REVIEWS/PICS/ETC - Page 33

post #481 of 691

Can't wait, Val. I'm intrigued.

post #482 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post

My guess its a relabeled Venturecraft Dap-X.

Or a VAMP for iphone 5.

post #483 of 691

You said in Tokyo soon. Would you be talking about the Portable Audio Festival 2012 on the 20th and 21st. Either way i'm planning on going.

post #484 of 691

i purchased V-MODA VAMP today and use it with my ipod nano 6th generation. my earphone is final audio design FI-BA-SS.

 

The sound from phone out of VAMP is an upgrade when compared to the phone out of ipod nano.

However, i heard the background noise sound when switching on amplifier when playing the music. This condition (background noise sound) continue even i press "pause" to the ipod nano.

Is this the normal situation when switching on the V-MODA VAMP for music listening? As i don't like such  relatively hight level of background noise sound. Would Someone give suggestions or opinion to minimize/relieve this issue???

 

 

Best regards,

 

Kevin LO

28/10/2012


Edited by yamadadhk - 10/28/12 at 7:01am
post #485 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamadadhk View Post

i purchased V-MODA VAMP today and use it with my ipod nano 6th generation. my earphone is final audio design FI-BA-SS.

 

The sound from phone out of VAMP is an upgrade when compared to the phone out of ipod nano.

However, i heard the background noise sound when switching on amplifier when playing the music. This condition (background noise sound) continue even i press "pause" to the ipod nano.

Is this the normal situation when switching on the V-MODA VAMP for music listening? As i don't like such  relatively hight level of background noise sound. Would Someone give suggestions or opinion to minimize/relieve this issue???

 

 

Best regards,

 

Kevin LO

28/10/2012

 

Because FI-BA-SS is a rather sensitive earphone.

Im using Heaven IV earphone from FAD with VAMP and I can heard the noise too.

It should be normal.

 

If you wanna solve it

Just use a resistor plug  to increase the resistance in order to reduce (filter) the bg noise.

post #486 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonchan618 View Post

 

Because FI-BA-SS is a rather sensitive earphone.

Im using Heaven IV earphone from FAD with VAMP and I can heard the noise too.

It should be normal.

 

If you wanna solve it

Just use a resistor plug  to increase the resistance in order to reduce (filter) the bg noise.

 

But using a resistor plug will increase the output impedance and lower the damping factor, causing audible distortions if your headphone has low impedance and a "curvy" impedance-frequency curve. Your call.

post #487 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonchan618 View Post

 

Because FI-BA-SS is a rather sensitive earphone.

Im using Heaven IV earphone from FAD with VAMP and I can heard the noise too.

It should be normal.

 

If you wanna solve it

Just use a resistor plug  to increase the resistance in order to reduce (filter) the bg noise.

Thank You.. So I decided not to use FI-BA-SS now. Instead, i 'm using Pioneeer HDJ-2000 with silver cable. The result is amazing and canexplore the sound quality potential of V-moda Vamp. Very very little background noise and overall music-listening quality (sound stage, treble/bass/neural components) is improving a lot, especially listening some western and japan songs (Boyz II Men, Eagles, Chemistry and Ken kirai etc).

 

but another issue arising is that ipod nano 6 only have battery life for 3.5hrs when pairing up with V-moda Vamp , which is much faster when using ipod nano 6 without amplifer. Is this the normal condition??

 

Best Regards,

Kevin LO

post #488 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by songmic View Post

 

But using a resistor plug will increase the output impedance and lower the damping factor, causing audible distortions if your headphone has low impedance and a "curvy" impedance-frequency curve. Your call.

Thank you for your kind assistane in providing suggestion for me.

Now i changed to use pioneer hdj2000 with sliver cable.

 

Another issue is that: is new ipod nano 7 compatible with V-moda Vamp if i purchased "lightning to 30-pin adapter" as interconnection between ipod nano 7 and v-moda vamp??? Anyone have such information about this issue???

 

Photo of this adapter:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD823ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter?fnode=72

 

Thank yhou!

 

Best Regards,

Kevin LO

post #489 of 691

Hi Kelvin,

 

There should not be any noise as the Signal to Noise ratio is rather high and VAMP is using the lowest noise op.amp. component.

 

Are you using an extension cable with ipod nano?

 

The noise will probably from below sources:

 

1) The interferance of phone signal transmission, if using iPhone 4/4S (solution: to switch to airplane mode)

 

2) The firmware not compatible (solution: to switch off your ipod/ ipad / iphone when it is installed inside VAMP, then turn it on again, it will match pair again)

 

3) The firmware not match with iOS 6 in iPhone 4/4S.  You have to call the customer service for upgrade the firmware of VAMP.

 

Let me know if you need further help.

 

Luk

post #490 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccluk View Post

Hi Kelvin,

 

There should not be any noise as the Signal to Noise ratio is rather high and VAMP is using the lowest noise op.amp. component.

 

Are you using an extension cable with ipod nano?

 

The noise will probably from below sources:

 

1) The interferance of phone signal transmission, if using iPhone 4/4S (solution: to switch to airplane mode)

 

2) The firmware not compatible (solution: to switch off your ipod/ ipad / iphone when it is installed inside VAMP, then turn it on again, it will match pair again)

 

3) The firmware not match with iOS 6 in iPhone 4/4S.  You have to call the customer service for upgrade the firmware of VAMP.

 

Let me know if you need further help.

 

Luk

 

Thanks for your information!

 

I haven't owned any iphone4/4S product so that i have no such problems related to point 1 and point 3.

 

In using fi-ba-ss earphone, i had repeated the steps that mentioned to point 2, but problems still arised. This problem is not related to the V-moda Vamp itself.

 

I think that the problem for the background noise is the earphone (fi-ba-ss) in which is relatively senisitive to vamp. As i used pioneer hdj-2000 headphone in listening music with ipod nano 5/ipod nano 6 + v-moda vamp now, no such background noise problem arising now....

 

For me, V-moda Vamp give a new life for my ipod nano 5 and ipod nano 6. These two players can easily plugged into Vamp without any interconnect cables, that is very convenience for me. The size and weight of these combination (ipod nano 5 or ipod nano 6 + v-moda vamp) is acceptable me. (less than 200g) when comparing with my previous portable gear set up. High quality sound can be produced with these small and portable combination, it is amazing and enjoyable in which i purchased v-moda vamp because of my curiousity about the news of vamp!!!!

 

(PS: i used ipod nano 6 + iqube v1 + qables Silvercab-Hybrid cable previously, that is also portable to me, but now ipod nano + V-moda vamp become my portable music listening gear!!)

 

Best Regards,

 

Kevin LO

 

2/11/2012

post #491 of 691

Today i purchase a iphone 4 8gb in apple official shop, therefore i have ipod nano 5, ipod nano 6 and iphone 4 as the source for VAMPdeadhorse.gif

post #492 of 691
Hello, I was wondering if future vamp versions will be usable with a lptop as well as the iphone (preferrably via usb). Then it would be the perfect product for me.
Greetings, Anouk,
post #493 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anouk View Post

Hello, I was wondering if future vamp versions will be usable with a lptop as well as the iphone (preferrably via usb). Then it would be the perfect product for me.
Greetings, Anouk,

the next VAMP will, its based on Go-Dap X

post #494 of 691

Hi,

 

YES, the new vamp will support more platforms, please stay tuned.  I think Val will release more information very soon!

post #495 of 691

Ok silly question: how much background noise is normal for the VAMP in low gain?  This has been bugging me for a while ever since I got my VAMP, and I tested it with all of my IEMs and found that my UE900 has the lease amount of hiss.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › V-MODA VAMP: DEVELOPMENT/REVIEWS/PICS/ETC