Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › V-MODA VAMP: DEVELOPMENT/REVIEWS/PICS/ETC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA VAMP: DEVELOPMENT/REVIEWS/PICS/ETC - Page 32

post #466 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiR3D View Post

Only Steve knows. (Intended irony)

 

Actually, Apple's designs and software has been taking steps away from what Steve would've wanted.  They are slowly, but surely, straying from Steve's vision for Apple.  So he actually wouldn't know.  If he was still alive today, he'd be outraged if any of the rumors were true. 

post #467 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

 

Actually, Apple's designs and software has been taking steps away from what Steve would've wanted.  They are slowly, but surely, straying from Steve's vision for Apple.  So he actually wouldn't know.  If he was still alive today, he'd be outraged if any of the rumors were true. 


Wow, and I thought I made unfounded assumptions (at least related to headphones) without any facts or first-hand information, or am I making an unfounded assumption that you weren't close personal friends with Steve Jobs?

post #468 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


Wow, and I thought I made unfounded assumptions (at least related to headphones) without any facts or first-hand information, or am I making an unfounded assumption that you weren't close personal friends with Steve Jobs?

*is laughing quietly inside*

post #469 of 691

really wanted to try this product but because of the upcoming iphone 5.. (which i know i will purchase as soon as it is released) i will have to wait and see if Vmoda can/will update the vamp to mate with the new iphone 5!!! cant wait! looks good!!

post #470 of 691

can I use this with iPod touch gen 4?

post #471 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkkm007 View Post

can I use this with iPod touch gen 4?


You can use via cable connection, but one of the big selling points is fitting together to form one solid unit and VAMP only does this with the Iphone 4/4S.

post #472 of 691

Val, did you try out the M-100 with the VAMP? The VAMP did improve the M-80 in some way, but not much, because M-80 is already a highly sensitive headphone that can be driven by practically anything, so not much scalability there. Does M-100 have a higher scalability than the M-80, so that it has a larger room for improvement with a proper amp?

post #473 of 691

Val,

 

I read somewhere you have an Iphone 5 Vamp in the works.  Is that happening?  Also, with the digital connector, would it now be possible to answer phone calls with the microphone cord connected directly to Vamp for Iphone 5?  Can you say at this point if it will have enhanced specs as the original Vamp or roughly the same specs, just modified for Iphone 5?

post #474 of 691

My V-MODA VAMP arrives today. I know it's a hefty price tag for something that, by design, is so device specific. My deciding factor really was being able to find kit that would add the least amount of bulk to my existing daily pack. Since I carry a lot of gear for work, I try to keep my personal footprint minimal. 

 

I'm looking forward to hearing my music with the VAMP added. I look forward to sharing my findings, but please know I'm new to audio. I'm not sure I can offer much detail until I really learn and understand what it is that I'm hearing and experiencing.

 

Thanks everyone for your posts. I'm learning a lot in my first few days of registering here at head-fi.

post #475 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by FITtorrent View Post

My V-MODA VAMP arrives today. I know it's a hefty price tag for something that, by design, is so device specific. My deciding factor really was being able to find kit that would add the least amount of bulk to my existing daily pack. Since I carry a lot of gear for work, I try to keep my personal footprint minimal. 

 

I'm looking forward to hearing my music with the VAMP added. I look forward to sharing my findings, but please know I'm new to audio. I'm not sure I can offer much detail until I really learn and understand what it is that I'm hearing and experiencing.

 

Thanks everyone for your posts. I'm learning a lot in my first few days of registering here at head-fi.

AKG K242HD gogogogogogo 

 

Useless for portable, but man oh man great sound with the vamp (you can find them for about $130) the K240mkii is the same but with leather pads and detachable cable, the K240 studio is the version they were based on. 

post #476 of 691
Any news for iphone5?
post #477 of 691
Thread Starter 

VAMP VERSA DAY IN TOKYO!

 

Stay tuned...

Reply
post #478 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton View Post

VAMP VERSA DAY IN TOKYO!

 

Stay tuned...

 

It is my understanding that VAMP VERSA is another portable DAC/amp that supports other phones besides the iPhone 4/4S. That being said, is VAMP VERSA also superior to VAMP in sonic quality? Or is it simply a different version of VAMP with different compatibility, but the same sonic-wise?

post #479 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton View Post

VAMP VERSA DAY IN TOKYO!

 

Stay tuned...

My guess its a relabeled Venturecraft Dap-X.

post #480 of 691
Thread Starter 

Finally finished all specs, ID and colors of VAMP VERZA.

 

It's hitting mass production soon... details will be tight though until a few weeks.

 

IT IS A VERY VERY VERY UNIQUE PRODUCT IN THE MARKET.

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › V-MODA VAMP: DEVELOPMENT/REVIEWS/PICS/ETC