Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › 2012 Headphone Meet @ LAX Hilton - Saturday, August 18, 2012 - OFFICIAL THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2012 Headphone Meet @ LAX Hilton - Saturday, August 18, 2012 - OFFICIAL THREAD - Page 21  

post #301 of 483

In addition to the Stratus, I plan to bring the Sonett 2 prototype which is coming out in September.

post #302 of 483

Purrin,

 

You can add the Alo Audio "The National" to the list of items I will be bringing as well as the HifiMan HE-300'ts.

I am trying to get my hands on one of the new Lake People amps but am not sure it will flesh out in time.

 

Also I wanted to check and see what the game plan is going to be for tickets?

Also is there a way to get multiple tickets? My 18 year old son is interested in tagging along.

post #303 of 483

Never mind the question about tickets Purrin..... I was thinking it was a ticketed entry.

Do you have people to help with set up and tear down?

post #304 of 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fed View Post

Purrin,

 

You can add the Alo Audio "The National" to the list of items I will be bringing as well as the HifiMan HE-300'ts.

I am trying to get my hands on one of the new Lake People amps but am not sure it will flesh out in time.

 

Also I wanted to check and see what the game plan is going to be for tickets?

Also is there a way to get multiple tickets? My 18 year old son is interested in tagging along.

I was wondering the same thing i wanted to bring someone too because hes giving me a ride, oh and he has some XB1000 he can bring.

post #305 of 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald North View Post

In addition to the Stratus, I plan to bring the Sonett 2 prototype which is coming out in September.

 

Sounds great!

post #306 of 483

When this was confirmed I was really disappointed because I had prior plans... but those plans just got cancelled so I can go now! Woohoo, I am super excited!

I have these I can bring: AKG K702, Grado HF-2, I also have a Millett Hybrid MiniMAX tube amp.

post #307 of 483
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fed View Post

Never mind the question about tickets Purrin..... I was thinking it was a ticketed entry.

Do you have people to help with set up and tear down?

yup. that's the easy part. hard part is organizing. not posting much but will update things here and there in the next few days.

 

n3rdling will update the lists every few days or so as we get closer to the meet.


Edited by purrin - 7/30/12 at 12:02pm
post #308 of 483
Thread Starter 

Meet Rules have been posted: http://www.head-fi.org/t/602807/2012-headphone-meet-lax-hilton-saturday-august-18-2012-official-thread

 

The rules are a little bit more strict (we actually have some rules) than those of some other meets which were held locally in the last two years. Please don't have a cow if somebody politely requests that you put away your sandwich, cookie, or drink when near equipment. Some of the gear which will be at the meet is extremely rare / unobtainable / irreplaceable. The last thing I would want to see is an attendee's Sony R10 fly across the room or a short-circuited electrostatic amp turning someone drinking Mountain Dew into Captain America.

post #309 of 483

And for everyone who is bringing equipment, bringing posted notes, or notecards and a pen will allow you to leave your table(if you are comfortable with it) with directions and rules for people who want to try your set-up.

post #310 of 483
Hm...my setup just changed. I'll bring my Archos 101 G9 but I'll be bringing my new pico DAC/Amp instead of the TTVJ slim and FiiO E17 that I've now sold...

Kojaku
post #311 of 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by purrin View Post

Meet Rules have been posted: http://www.head-fi.org/t/602807/2012-headphone-meet-lax-hilton-saturday-august-18-2012-official-thread

 

The rules are a little bit more strict (we actually have some rules) than those of some other meets which were held locally in the last two years. Please don't have a cow if somebody politely requests that you put away your sandwich, cookie, or drink when near equipment. Some of the gear which will be at the meet is extremely rare / unobtainable / irreplaceable. The last thing I would want to see is an attendee's Sony R10 fly across the room or a short-circuited electrostatic amp turning someone drinking Mountain Dew into Captain America.

 

Ha...these are worth reading for the entertainment value.

 

And worth reading if you are bringing equipment or trying it, for the overall value.

post #312 of 483

LFF's rules for the win.

post #313 of 483

Thank you all for organizing this event for this will be the first headphone meet that I will ever attend.  I’m looking forward to meeting all you wonderful people who’s post I’ve had the pleasure to read all these years.  Hopefully I can meet some new friends, listen to equipment I’ve only read about, and get your advice that will point me in the right direction I’m looking to go in this hobby.

post #314 of 483

This is the first meet i'm attending and would like to bring my brother with me if possible. Thanks

post #315 of 483

I am down for a full table, but I don't imagine I will need the whole thing. If anyone wants to share a 1/3 of my table please feel free to let me know. That would also be good so that we could take turns checking out all the other gear there. As of right now I am planning to have the SX1250, LF339 and as yet to be determined source (choice between Laptop/iPod+NDS-1, Harmon Kardon HD990 CD/DAC, just the HM 603 to keep it simple). For headphones I will have LCD-2 rev1, HE-6, 2-Magnum builds and a moded T50rp.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › 2012 Headphone Meet @ LAX Hilton - Saturday, August 18, 2012 - OFFICIAL THREAD