Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › 2012 Headphone Meet @ LAX Hilton - Saturday, August 18, 2012 - OFFICIAL THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2012 Headphone Meet @ LAX Hilton - Saturday, August 18, 2012 - OFFICIAL THREAD - Page 11  

post #151 of 483
Thread Starter 

Ultimate Ears will be there and possibly do impressions for free if you want to order one of their products, but they keep your impressions. They have usually offered deals that one cannot refuse, but I cannot guarantee that they will continue this practice.

post #152 of 483

Am i still in?

post #153 of 483

I'd like to attend. No need for a table for me.

 

Thanks!

post #154 of 483
Thread Starter 

Anyone who posts here is reserved a spot. Until we get to 100 - which is sort of a soft limit.

post #155 of 483

I'll be attending.  No need for a table either.  

post #156 of 483

I will be there. Gear I will have:

 

RSA Hornet (M)

Grado HF-1

Etymotic hf2

Etymotic ER-4S

 

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

 

-Fernando

post #157 of 483

Will be working that day but will try to get out early to attend the last few hours.  Will bring Baby O woodied, OII Mk1, HE Audio 1.2b 'stat.  

post #158 of 483
Thread Starter 

OK. We should have a very wide variety of stat amps there with Alex, Craig, Justin, not counting quite a few locals. I don't plan on bringing the beast out until near the end of the meet.

post #159 of 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by purrin View Post

OK. We should have a very wide variety of stat amps there with Alex, Craig, Justin, not counting quite a few locals. I don't plan on bringing the beast out until near the end of the meet.

WTF!!.. just get that amp out man.. jeez. the only piece of gear i want to hear at this meet barring the UE IERM

post #160 of 483
Thread Starter 

mini/micro meets the night before...

post #161 of 483
Looks like it's going to be stat heaven biggrin.gif
post #162 of 483

Hello everyone, 

 

I'm a new person here. (actually I register this account to post the message). 

I'll be there with my favorite K701, look forward to seeing you then !

post #163 of 483

How much of a student discount are we looking at?

post #164 of 483

I'd definitely like to attend!  Don't have much to bring in the way of HPs though - which is to say that y'all have got better gear than anything I could bring.  But if anyone wants, I can cart along any/all of the following:

 

Pioneer SE-MJ591 (nicely built supraaural portable)

Pioneer SE-A1000 (This thing was seriously made for big heads)

AKG K240 Studio (the made in China version in case someone wants to AB with an Austrian one)

Pioneer SE-MJ751-K (dual-driver basshead supraaurals w/adjustable dial)

a scrappy little DIY amp (battery powered portable)

 

Pardon the noob questions here, but since this will be my first meet, what's the deal with the tables?  Is that just a place to put the cans out for everyone?  Will I have to man the table?  I'd like to go around listening to stuff.  What happens to the cans while I'm gone?  Will they get nicked?  I would definitely appreciate a very brief little primer on how this will all work.

 

Purrin, most of the stuff in this thread seems to be the stuff of dreams.  Since what I could bring would be mid-fi at best, I'm not sure we'd want to waste a table of it?  I really don't know what's best, so just let me know what I should bring (if anything) out of the list above, and you can determine if I'll need a table or can share with someone or whatever.

post #165 of 483
Thread Starter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshot View Post

How much of a student discount are we looking at?

 

Can you afford movie tickets? I'm still sorting out vendors and attendees to get a better idea. I'm also willing to eat some of the costs myself to make the costs reasonable for everyone else.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

I'd definitely like to attend!  Don't have much to bring in the way of HPs though - which is to say that y'all have got better gear than anything I could bring.  But if anyone wants, I can cart along any/all of the following:

 

Pioneer SE-MJ591 (nicely built supraaural portable)

Pioneer SE-A1000 (This thing was seriously made for big heads)

AKG K240 Studio (the made in China version in case someone wants to AB with an Austrian one)

Pioneer SE-MJ751-K (dual-driver basshead supraaurals w/adjustable dial)

a scrappy little DIY amp (battery powered portable)

 

Pardon the noob questions here, but since this will be my first meet, what's the deal with the tables?  Is that just a place to put the cans out for everyone?  Will I have to man the table?  I'd like to go around listening to stuff.  What happens to the cans while I'm gone?  Will they get nicked?  I would definitely appreciate a very brief little primer on how this will all work.

 

Purrin, most of the stuff in this thread seems to be the stuff of dreams.  Since what I could bring would be mid-fi at best, I'm not sure we'd want to waste a table of it?  I really don't know what's best, so just let me know what I should bring (if anything) out of the list above, and you can determine if I'll need a table or can share with someone or whatever.

 

If you are bringing several headphones, it's probably a good idea to store your stuff in a bag and try out various rigs (get permission from owners first before you plug in). When I first met rhythmdevils, he came up to my table and dumped all of his headphones from his bag on to my table. I don't know why he approached me out of everyone else, but we've become good friends since then and have become an incessant pair of troublemakers here on HF. I'm sure it was fate or some karmic connection. Of course I am not suggesting that you take the same approach as RD.

 

Those experienced with meets will often bring a buddy if they have a dedicated table to look after their stuff. Plaza B,C,D will be dedicated to vendors and attendees who bring in heavy stuff (DACs, amps, nuclear reactors, etc.) Plaza A will also have a few dedicated vendor and attendee tables. A good portion of Plaza A (~50%) will be dedicated place to hang out, talk, recharge batteries, etc. for those who don't bring in heavy stuff.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by junepy View Post

Hello everyone, 

 

I'm a new person here. (actually I register this account to post the message). 

I'll be there with my favorite K701, look forward to seeing you then !

 

It's not uncommon for people to attend meets with just a pair of headphones around their necks. I may actually wear my Beats like that at the meet.


Edited by purrin - 6/25/12 at 10:36pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › 2012 Headphone Meet @ LAX Hilton - Saturday, August 18, 2012 - OFFICIAL THREAD