That's exactly what I'm planning to do today after I get my new piece. Will let you know!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCAMBRIDGE - AZUR 851D DAC (BLACK)tagged by AudioMan612, 12/28/14
- productCAMBRIDGE - AZUR 851D DAC (SILVER)tagged by AudioMan612, 12/28/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/27/12
- productDangerous Music Sourcetagged by AudioMan612, 12/28/14
- categoryDedicated Source Componentstagged by System, 5/27/12
- productEmotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DACtagged by AudioMan612, 12/28/14
- productGrace Design m903 reference headphone amplifier / DACtagged by AudioMan612, 12/17/14
- productGrace Design m920tagged by AudioMan612, 12/17/14
- productNAD C 555itagged by System, 5/27/12
- productNAD M51 DACtagged by System, 5/27/12More
- productQuestyle CMA800R Current Mode Headphone Amplifier silvertagged by AudioMan612, 12/28/14
Related Forum Threads
- December 2013 Mid-Level DAC Comparison Last post on 1/10/14 at 7:49pm in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC/amps with independent headphone and analog output levels? Last post on 4/18/16 at 1:07pm in Dedicated Source Components
- New Grace Design m920 DAC/amp with DSD decoding Last post on 12/10/16 at 9:24pm in Dedicated Source Components
- New iMac, Neuman KH 120, AKG K702 & $2 000 for a DAC and Amp? Last post on 7/21/12 at 3:06am in Dedicated Source Components
- Asgard + Bifrost vs Grace m903 Last post on 4/1/13 at 11:55pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions - Page 45
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #662 of 15462/2/13 at 3:51pm
So I've compared the 2 and I will be selling my NAD M51 - I will put an ad in the For Sale section soon. You can also send me a private em.
It's not that I don't like the NAD, I do, but I can't keep both pieces, and my new player's DAC will do me OK.post #663 of 15462/2/13 at 7:58pmpost #664 of 15462/4/13 at 8:51amQuote:
I have since sold the NAD.post #665 of 15462/4/13 at 5:20pmpost #666 of 15462/5/13 at 6:37am
Yes I did - when I first got it. Worked OK, but felt something was lacking, so I purchased a used Ayre K-3x 2-channel pre and never used the NAD as a pre again.post #667 of 15462/5/13 at 7:23ampost #668 of 15462/5/13 at 7:37pmQuote:
Which is the newer version? 1.41?
Yes I did, didnt like the sound and reverted back to 1.39.
I wonder if there is a newer version than 1.41?post #669 of 15462/7/13 at 11:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by ecohifi
Does anyone have firmware version 1.39, I like to go back to this version, a few posters here have reported different SQ after loading 1.41, I think I have discovered something has been altered as my M51 has lower dynamics. If you can also direct me to the site for the boot loader.
Was anyone able to find a source for 1.39?post #670 of 15462/8/13 at 1:10ampost #671 of 15462/8/13 at 12:12pmpost #672 of 15462/8/13 at 1:33pmpost #673 of 15462/8/13 at 1:40pmpost #674 of 15462/8/13 at 3:04pm
Mine came loaded with 1.39 and I went to 1.41 shortly after getting it home. After reading some replies regarding 1.41 I just wanted to take a listen again.
- NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 32 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 37 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 52 seconds ago
- › GRADO STATEMENT GS2000e - Review and First Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 1 minute ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Xelento! 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear