Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions - Page 36

post #526 of 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by customNuts View Post

It's simply music portrayed as the artist intended.

Maybe it's only me, but I never get to understand how is it possible to understand how the artist intent their music to be heard.
They are not the one who do the mixing in the studio, first of all, and the mixing engineer is not using headphone, they use cheap xlr cables, likely not using the DAC as ours ... the list goes on. <= this is what is called 'circle of confusion'
post #527 of 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBull View Post

Maybe it's only me, but I never get to understand how is it possible to understand how the artist intent their music to be heard.
They are not the one who do the mixing in the studio, first of all, and the mixing engineer is not using headphone, they use cheap xlr cables, likely not using the DAC as ours ... the list goes on. <= this is what is called 'circle of confusion'


Excellent point.
post #528 of 1156
Thread Starter 

Punch the following into Wikipedia:

 

loudness wars

Rick Rubin

 

There are millions of music fans who are underwhelmed by the efforts of a given producer. Not sure how bad it is now, but the Bad Old Days of yore saw many contract disputes when bands rebelled against being thrown into the studio with people their record company saw as 'hitmakers', particularly when the band in question had their credibility at stake. Wouldn't matter to people like Lars from Metallica, but many others were incensed at losing creative control of their own music. That's called 'business'. 

post #529 of 1156
Hitmakers = well-connected wankers.
post #530 of 1156

Hey, anybody know which USB receiver chip is in the M51? Tenor? XMOS? I haven't been able to find this tidbit of info yet. I own a Stello U3 converter so I guess it shouldn't really matter to me. Still curious though.


Edited by robertsong - 10/25/12 at 9:15pm
post #531 of 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsong View Post

Hey, anybody know which USB receiver chip is in the M51? Tenor? XMOS? I haven't been able to find this tidbit of info yet. I own a Stello U3 converter so I guess it shouldn't really matter to me. Still curious though.

 

Here is internal fotos, maybe it helps - http://doctorhead.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16469

post #532 of 1156
XMOS.
post #533 of 1156
Has anyone compared m51 to reference7?
post #534 of 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanaudio View Post

Has anyone compared m51 to reference7?

On Stereo.net.au compared and Reference 7.1 were ahead.

post #535 of 1156

Please send me the firmware update.  Thanks alot in advance

kevinloh@msn.com

post #536 of 1156

ok.

post #537 of 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBull View Post


Maybe it's only me, but I never get to understand how is it possible to understand how the artist intent their music to be heard.
They are not the one who do the mixing in the studio, first of all, and the mixing engineer is not using headphone, they use cheap xlr cables, likely not using the DAC as ours ... the list goes on. <= this is what is called 'circle of confusion'

I only worked in a studio as an engineer for a short time. Artists that were in the studio during the recording process did participate in listing and in reviewing the mixing process. We didn't use headphones in the studio I worked in.  It would a good question to ask your favorite artist... did they care enough about their own music to participate in the final sound mixing process. I imagine some did, some did not. 

post #538 of 1156
Has anyone compared the M51 DAC to the Oppo 95?
post #539 of 1156
Can the M51 extract digital audio from the iPad HDMI out (via Digital AV Adapter)?
post #540 of 1156
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlach View Post

Has anyone compared the M51 DAC to the Oppo 95?

 

Compared the DAC sections ? No. Hooked the Oppo to the M51 for sonic bliss ? Several.
 

Here's one I had my manservant type up earlier:

 

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/dacs/dacs-reviews/nad-m51-direct-digital-dac/page-3-in-use.html

 

There is also a discussion of the Oppo/NAD combination in the early pages of this monster thread and another via Google (BDP-83, from memory).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions