Sounds perfectly balanced in my system..........
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCAMBRIDGE - AZUR 851D DAC (BLACK)tagged by AudioMan612, 12/28/14
- productCAMBRIDGE - AZUR 851D DAC (SILVER)tagged by AudioMan612, 12/28/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/27/12
- productDangerous Music Sourcetagged by AudioMan612, 12/28/14
- categoryDedicated Source Componentstagged by System, 5/27/12
- productEmotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DACtagged by AudioMan612, 12/28/14
- productGrace Design m903 reference headphone amplifier / DACtagged by AudioMan612, 12/17/14
- productGrace Design m920tagged by AudioMan612, 12/17/14
- productNAD C 555itagged by System, 5/27/12
- productNAD M51 DACtagged by System, 5/27/12More
- productQuestyle CMA800R Current Mode Headphone Amplifier silvertagged by AudioMan612, 12/28/14
Related Forum Threads
- December 2013 Mid-Level DAC Comparison Last post on 1/10/14 at 7:49pm in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC/amps with independent headphone and analog output levels? Last post on 2/3/15 at 8:46am in Dedicated Source Components
- New Grace Design m920 DAC/amp with DSD decoding Last post on 3/1/15 at 12:15pm in Dedicated Source Components
- New iMac, Neuman KH 120, AKG K702 & $2 000 for a DAC and Amp? Last post on 7/21/12 at 3:06am in Dedicated Source Components
- Asgard + Bifrost vs Grace m903 Last post on 4/1/13 at 11:55pm in Dedicated Source Components
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
I bought this in october. I agree with other reviewers, the sound is definitely value for money you can read other reviews for that. However, the build quality is terrible. I took good...
NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions - Page 87
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thank god for all the different options of output and volume. The NAD M51 is a magnificent sounding piece of gear, but must definitely be fine-tuned to the other gear to make it sound good.
Right out of the box without trying different options it might sound just 'blah'.
I am still pretty impressed by the NAD after two years of ownership. It continues to feed my NAD to the Stax SR009 + BHSE system. Gotta love the perfect volume control. I think I may be able do better soundwise but I'm going to miss out on its SACD via HDMI feature as well as the perfect digital attenuation.
I feel like contributing to this thread, in my system lowering the volume definitely robes the music of DR and bass slam.
I try to keep it at 0 db or lower it as little as possible (Yamaha A-S2100 is quite sensitive as XLR is tuned at 2.8 V). Perhaps others might leverage this info.
- NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Member Introductions thread 15 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 26 seconds ago
- › What to buy next - after GR07 and JVC HA-FXZ 100? 41 seconds ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 59 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › What to buy next - after GR07 and JVC HA-FXZ 100? 2 minutes ago
- › SilverFi IEM Cables Worldwide Audition Tour - Limited Number of... 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2