First of all i want to say that Beats Studios are the best headphones i have TRIED so far. i havent tried any other headphones other than the Beats Pro. I am fully aware of the scam of these over priced headphones. What im looking for is Headphones just as good at the Beats Studios, and please dont tell me bull sh!t like "ohhh the beats are garbage and there are millions of headphones better than those pieces of crap". dont tell me tall that because they are good headphones but it is over priced. The Beats have a unique sound i like probably because of its built in amp(which does require AAA battery which i dont mind buying) and it makes every thing sound amazing. The headphone i want is one that sounds AMAZING and just as good bass treble as the Beats Studios. My price ranges is under $210. please provide me links of where i can buy it (amazon, preferably) and videos of reviews if possible. Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Need Cable Reccomendation for DIY Headphone Cable.. Last post on 5/22/15 at 8:55am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Burning in Kef M500? Last post on 2/24/15 at 7:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shootout - Entry to Mid-range Full Size Cans - Feat. ATH-M50, HD 558, and HE-400 Last post on 2/23/15 at 7:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M-50 vs. Onkyo ES FC-300 vs KRK KNS 8400 Last post on 2/15/15 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- I need cheap bluetooth recommendations Last post on 3/13/15 at 8:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
Introduction: The whole reason I purchased these was because of jekostas review of the Bette 8MM 1+1 Hybrid: The 10MM version is going to mirror a lot of the 8MM, though I do not have the...
Looking for Headphones just as good or better than Beats Studios....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You're on the wrong forums. Not flaming you, just telling you the truth.
I hate to break it to you, but amps don't change the quality of the music. The one in the Beats is like a Fiio E3 built in which just serve as a bass booster. You can pretty much get a E3 with any headset and it'll have the same effect as the Beats.
But it's the truth. I own the Beats. I only have them because they look good. If you want us to recommend something, you have to accept that there are so many better sounding headphones out there. I can see you're a bass head from your comments, so why not try the Audio-Technica ATH-M50? It's leagues above the Beats, for one, and it's only $150.
Seriously, you haven't seen anything yet if you think the Beats are actually good.
opps i couldnt find the forum for it so i went to general discussion. thanks for the recommendation, im not much of a bass head i just like it(bass) where its needed. im using the headphones for casual listening so yeah... and also i was wondering if the headband part of it is comfortable? because i have some sony ones and the headband is almost rock hard ><
also would you recommend this for an amp? http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-Booster-Control/dp/B004BOA6SM/ref=sr_1_15?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1331613776&sr=1-15
Edited by devilxlord - 3/26/12 at 6:48pm
Do you absolutely need the headphones to be closed? If you're using it at home I recommend getting the Sennheiser HD 558. It's really really really good, just doesn't isolate any noise. http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-558-Headphones/dp/B004FEEY9A/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1332813218&sr=1-1
I don't really think you need it. Those portable mini-amps don't do much.
The HD558 has interchangeable cables and ear muffs so no problem, but like I said, these are open. They don't isolate any noise but in exchange they have a better soundstage and the quality of the sound is better. If you want isolation go with the ATH-M50.
Might be a bit out of his price range, but yeah, excellent sound.
I see amazon has the sennheiser hd 555's listed for about 180, all in all comparable to the 558s (which are basically just a new version of the 555s) and if you feel adventurous you can open up the headphones and snip a bit of the foam that sennheiser stuck behind the driver and essentially turn them into hd 595s. They use the same driver sennheiser just "nerfed" it by adding more blockage to the openings of the headphones. If you do this, be sure to follow a guide to the point
And I don't want to sound like a jerk, but Beats are really sub par for their price point, I listened to a pair once and the only word I could think of to describe them was MUDDY. The entire series has what I would call an obese sound, clumsy, plodding and not very clear (I hate describing sound quality, can never think of good words for it). I would definitely invest in a brand reputed for sound quality instead of just having celebrity endorsements which really don't mean very much.
- Looking for Headphones just as good or better than Beats Studios....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › bedroom/homework setup 27 seconds ago
- › Questyle QP1 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 3 minutes ago
- › 20% Off Back to School Sale with Code SCHOOL 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › Upgrade from SB ZxR - help needed! 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Great news for rooted android users--Viper4Android 7 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3