First of all i want to say that Beats Studios are the best headphones i have TRIED so far. i havent tried any other headphones other than the Beats Pro. I am fully aware of the scam of these over priced headphones. What im looking for is Headphones just as good at the Beats Studios, and please dont tell me bull sh!t like "ohhh the beats are garbage and there are millions of headphones better than those pieces of crap". dont tell me tall that because they are good headphones but it is over priced. The Beats have a unique sound i like probably because of its built in amp(which does require AAA battery which i dont mind buying) and it makes every thing sound amazing. The headphone i want is one that sounds AMAZING and just as good bass treble as the Beats Studios. My price ranges is under $210. please provide me links of where i can buy it (amazon, preferably) and videos of reviews if possible. Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Do I need a DAC? Last post on Yesterday at 1:02 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DAP setup best matched with M50 Last post on 1/26/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMAN HE-500 = Waste of Money (and general discussion) Last post on 1/20/15 at 2:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which ATH M50 to get ? Last post on 12/26/14 at 1:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser build problems anyone? Last post on 12/15/14 at 6:24am in Headphones (full-size)
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
Hello Head-Fi It's been a while since I've participated here since I more or less found my end game and now I only have the urge to change my music player. Today I'll be writing about the AKG...
I bought these a year ago now and they are holding up great with my Vector Research amplifier. Bass is on 10 Mid on 6 and treble on 8. They sound fantastic and don't make any buzzing noises. I wear...
Here a short first impressions review of the AH-MM400. After unpacking I was truly amazed. The build-quality is far beyond anything I ever held in my hands with this price tag to it. If anybody...
My Setup Tested with my Dell XPS 8700 desktop going optical out to a Yamaha RX-V365 amp (1/4 inch headphone out). I played various files (FLAC, MP3, M4A) at different bit rates using...
Looking for Headphones just as good or better than Beats Studios....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You're on the wrong forums. Not flaming you, just telling you the truth.
I hate to break it to you, but amps don't change the quality of the music. The one in the Beats is like a Fiio E3 built in which just serve as a bass booster. You can pretty much get a E3 with any headset and it'll have the same effect as the Beats.
But it's the truth. I own the Beats. I only have them because they look good. If you want us to recommend something, you have to accept that there are so many better sounding headphones out there. I can see you're a bass head from your comments, so why not try the Audio-Technica ATH-M50? It's leagues above the Beats, for one, and it's only $150.
Seriously, you haven't seen anything yet if you think the Beats are actually good.
opps i couldnt find the forum for it so i went to general discussion. thanks for the recommendation, im not much of a bass head i just like it(bass) where its needed. im using the headphones for casual listening so yeah... and also i was wondering if the headband part of it is comfortable? because i have some sony ones and the headband is almost rock hard ><
also would you recommend this for an amp? http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-Booster-Control/dp/B004BOA6SM/ref=sr_1_15?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1331613776&sr=1-15
Edited by devilxlord - 3/26/12 at 6:48pm
Do you absolutely need the headphones to be closed? If you're using it at home I recommend getting the Sennheiser HD 558. It's really really really good, just doesn't isolate any noise. http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-558-Headphones/dp/B004FEEY9A/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1332813218&sr=1-1
I don't really think you need it. Those portable mini-amps don't do much.
The HD558 has interchangeable cables and ear muffs so no problem, but like I said, these are open. They don't isolate any noise but in exchange they have a better soundstage and the quality of the sound is better. If you want isolation go with the ATH-M50.
Might be a bit out of his price range, but yeah, excellent sound.
I see amazon has the sennheiser hd 555's listed for about 180, all in all comparable to the 558s (which are basically just a new version of the 555s) and if you feel adventurous you can open up the headphones and snip a bit of the foam that sennheiser stuck behind the driver and essentially turn them into hd 595s. They use the same driver sennheiser just "nerfed" it by adding more blockage to the openings of the headphones. If you do this, be sure to follow a guide to the point
And I don't want to sound like a jerk, but Beats are really sub par for their price point, I listened to a pair once and the only word I could think of to describe them was MUDDY. The entire series has what I would call an obese sound, clumsy, plodding and not very clear (I hate describing sound quality, can never think of good words for it). I would definitely invest in a brand reputed for sound quality instead of just having celebrity endorsements which really don't mean very much.
- Looking for Headphones just as good or better than Beats Studios....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 10 seconds ago
- › choose my next headphones, bassy (not too much) 11 seconds ago
- › REVIEW of Zero Audio DUOZA dual dynamic driver IEM 29 seconds ago
- › Olive ONE 1 minute ago
- › Upgrade: LCD-3 or Chord Hugo? 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for a beginner 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 1 minute ago
- › Why most of the old recordings ae 24bit and the new are 16bit? 2 minutes ago
- › DHC "Molecule" OCC Copper Cable for HFM Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by serman005
- › ecp audio Black Diamond by Schopenhauer
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)