First of all i want to say that Beats Studios are the best headphones i have TRIED so far. i havent tried any other headphones other than the Beats Pro. I am fully aware of the scam of these over priced headphones. What im looking for is Headphones just as good at the Beats Studios, and please dont tell me bull sh!t like "ohhh the beats are garbage and there are millions of headphones better than those pieces of crap". dont tell me tall that because they are good headphones but it is over priced. The Beats have a unique sound i like probably because of its built in amp(which does require AAA battery which i dont mind buying) and it makes every thing sound amazing. The headphone i want is one that sounds AMAZING and just as good bass treble as the Beats Studios. My price ranges is under $210. please provide me links of where i can buy it (amazon, preferably) and videos of reviews if possible. Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Best over ear headphones under $150 with decent sound and sound isolation. Last post on Today at 10:04 am in Headphones (full-size)
- ath-m50s now what Last post on Today at 8:04 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I just got my first pair of Audiophile Headphones ATH-M50s I have a few issues I need some... Last post on Yesterday at 9:12 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ath m50 vs pc 360 Last post on 12/4/13 at 2:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best solution for me? Last post on 12/4/13 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
The 880s don't have a lot of color to themselves. They're light comfortable cans that get the job done. They are a well rounded headphone good for someone who can't quite figure out what kind of...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Looking for Headphones just as good or better than Beats Studios....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You're on the wrong forums. Not flaming you, just telling you the truth.
I hate to break it to you, but amps don't change the quality of the music. The one in the Beats is like a Fiio E3 built in which just serve as a bass booster. You can pretty much get a E3 with any headset and it'll have the same effect as the Beats.
But it's the truth. I own the Beats. I only have them because they look good. If you want us to recommend something, you have to accept that there are so many better sounding headphones out there. I can see you're a bass head from your comments, so why not try the Audio-Technica ATH-M50? It's leagues above the Beats, for one, and it's only $150.
Seriously, you haven't seen anything yet if you think the Beats are actually good.
opps i couldnt find the forum for it so i went to general discussion. thanks for the recommendation, im not much of a bass head i just like it(bass) where its needed. im using the headphones for casual listening so yeah... and also i was wondering if the headband part of it is comfortable? because i have some sony ones and the headband is almost rock hard ><
also would you recommend this for an amp? http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-Booster-Control/dp/B004BOA6SM/ref=sr_1_15?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1331613776&sr=1-15
Edited by devilxlord - 3/26/12 at 6:48pm
Do you absolutely need the headphones to be closed? If you're using it at home I recommend getting the Sennheiser HD 558. It's really really really good, just doesn't isolate any noise. http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-558-Headphones/dp/B004FEEY9A/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1332813218&sr=1-1
I don't really think you need it. Those portable mini-amps don't do much.
The HD558 has interchangeable cables and ear muffs so no problem, but like I said, these are open. They don't isolate any noise but in exchange they have a better soundstage and the quality of the sound is better. If you want isolation go with the ATH-M50.
Might be a bit out of his price range, but yeah, excellent sound.
I see amazon has the sennheiser hd 555's listed for about 180, all in all comparable to the 558s (which are basically just a new version of the 555s) and if you feel adventurous you can open up the headphones and snip a bit of the foam that sennheiser stuck behind the driver and essentially turn them into hd 595s. They use the same driver sennheiser just "nerfed" it by adding more blockage to the openings of the headphones. If you do this, be sure to follow a guide to the point
And I don't want to sound like a jerk, but Beats are really sub par for their price point, I listened to a pair once and the only word I could think of to describe them was MUDDY. The entire series has what I would call an obese sound, clumsy, plodding and not very clear (I hate describing sound quality, can never think of good words for it). I would definitely invest in a brand reputed for sound quality instead of just having celebrity endorsements which really don't mean very much.
- Looking for Headphones just as good or better than Beats Studios....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Buying first pair of headphones. Which should I choose? 45 seconds ago
- › The Basshead Club 58 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 5 minutes ago
- › 32GB Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Verizon) 5 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 304 IEMs compared (Clear Tune Monitors WLS-5... 7 minutes ago
- › V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics,... 8 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude