Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Woo Audio DAC .... I got it !!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woo Audio DAC .... I got it !!!!

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

I was at the Montreal show this weekend, and fortunately, Jack Wu was there and I had a chance to meet this gentleman....

 

Jack answered all my questions and I could listen to the same setup I have at home, i.e. a notebook, a pair of HD800, a WA6SE.....and the new DAC !!!!! Which I fell in love with...

 

So much that I decided to buy it at the end (or almost) of the Festival !!!!

 

Jack shook my hand told me I was his first customer for this DAC.... Hi! Hi! Hi! never happenned to me before !!!!

 

Anyway.....I am moving to my girlfriend's house on Tuesday..... I can't wait to listen to it !!!

It will replace my REF5......that I may have to sell even if it's not even a year old !!!

 

Denys

post #2 of 10

Looking forward to your impressions, as I have one coming soon as well. It'll be interesting to compare our sound impressions.

post #3 of 10

So, lets hear it?

 

Edit: 'cause.


Edited by pyramid6 - 3/27/12 at 8:42am
post #4 of 10

Impressions??? Btw, did you manage to use it with the new Woo transport? I would love to hear more about that combo.

post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 

OK guys,

 

I just moved today from my home to my girlfriend's home......therefore the DAC has not been plugged yet.......and Jack just sent me the drivers yesterday.....

 

I do not think I'll have the time to listen to it before the weekend.....

 

It's crazy the things you accumulate over the years !!!! And as I am moving with my girlfriend who already has a lot of stuff, it becomes a real challenge to decide what you keep !!!! especially at the age of 50, you do have a lot of stuff......

 

Anyway, I'll come back later on to let you know about the DAC.....and no, I did not buy the transport......I have a musical server...

 

Talk to you later

 

Denys 

post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denys View Post

OK guys,

 

I just moved today from my home to my girlfriend's home......therefore the DAC has not been plugged yet.......and Jack just sent me the drivers yesterday.....

 

I do not think I'll have the time to listen to it before the weekend.....

 

It's crazy the things you accumulate over the years !!!! And as I am moving with my girlfriend who already has a lot of stuff, it becomes a real challenge to decide what you keep !!!! especially at the age of 50, you do have a lot of stuff......

 

Anyway, I'll come back later on to let you know about the DAC.....and no, I did not buy the transport......I have a musical server...

 

Talk to you later

 

Denys 



What headphones and other DAC's will you be using and comparing the Woo Audio DAC to?

post #7 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow View Post



What headphones and other DAC's will you be using and comparing the Woo Audio DAC to?


Hi,

 

I will mostly be using Senn HD800. I also have a pair of BeyerDynamic DT770. As for the DACs, I have a REF5 from Audio-GD that I previously used with my WA6SE and my HD800 that will now be paired with my Antique Sound Lab (modded).

 

Finally, I have a NFB8, but I did not use it with my WA6SE, but only with my ASL. The NFB8 is also my main DAC for my stereo system.

 

Denys

 

post #8 of 10
I've got my eyes on the pair. I really want to hear some impressions on the DAC. If it holds up at the price range I'll be buying one asap along with the transport.

Austin...The faster the better. Gimmegimme.
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

I've got my eyes on the pair. I really want to hear some impressions on the DAC. If it holds up at the price range I'll be buying one asap along with the transport.
Austin...The faster the better. Gimmegimme.


I still have to review the WA6! Be patient, MorbidToaster. Your patience will be rewarded soon enough, my friend.

post #10 of 10


No. Forget the WA6. Schedules are dumb. You can still get the pre-order price for these from Woo and I need to knoooooow. wink.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow View Post

I still have to review the WA6! Be patient, MorbidToaster. Your patience will be rewarded soon enough, my friend.



 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Woo Audio DAC .... I got it !!!!