Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › A discussion about phones and tablets
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A discussion about phones and tablets - Page 6  

post #76 of 163

ImperialX: where do you get your manga from?

post #77 of 163

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_C View Post

ImperialX: where do you get your manga from?



Try this app. It's amazing. So easy to download practically any series you want on your iPad. Can read online and offline. 

 

http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/manga-storm/id417341160?mt=8

 

This is the free version that only allows you to store 3 series offline but read anything online. If you want to carry more than 3 series with you , you need the full version. I have it and it's worth it.

post #78 of 163

YUM. Thanks!

 

Btw if you ever want to read Western comics (assuming you have the scans already downloaded), Comic Zeal is a pretty good program that I use.

post #79 of 163
Eric c!

Come join our anime and manga thread. Check in imperial or my profile notifications for the thread smily_headphones1.gif its a large and speedy group
post #80 of 163

Hahaha ok ok! Let me just pretend to look busy at work a while longer...

post #81 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

yeah. Samsung makes soo many parts for Apple and beats them in screens..as that's their home turf(not in NAND flash though) and Zenbooks have better scrreens as well..only problem is those are the big pro's of those tablet's only.

 

.. im a mac owner and proud

 

im a linux user and proud

 

im a windows pc user and proud

 

im a fan of samsung and proud

 

I am a user of ASUS Mobo's and products and proud 

 

i encourage the next gen innovation of intel and amd and ARM and i am proud to be using their amazing next gen contributions

 

I am a user of all technology ...and proud


 

 

ImperialX, here's that slow clap for you

 

citizen_cane.gif

 

And this is exactly how I feel. The famous saying "don't knock 'till you've tried it" applies in many cases to many things. Just how people here will automatically knock Bose and Beats or whatever without having actually heard it. For example the Beats Pros are actually decent. Waaaay overpriced, but decent. I'm not defending them in any way, but you can't say something is bad just because everyone else says so. But I digress...

 

I haven't used any distro of Linux simply because I have no need for it. But, I've never said anything about it, negative or otherwise. Intel and AMD seem to trade off. One minute it's Intel, the next AMD. AMD is best for those who overclock and Intel is best (usually) for those who just want performance out of the box. It's all a matter of preference for anything.

 

Btw, here's an interesting Mac vs. Windows statistic pic:

 

1305753615393.png
 

 

post #82 of 163

Haha, seen that GIF so many times. I should have posted it. :P

 

That's a very interesting statistics sheet you got there.

post #83 of 163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialX View Post

I think being any form of "fanboy" would kill you too. Fandroids are way worse than Apple fanboys.

I disagree - one of the main reasons i became anti-apple is because of apple fanboys constantly raving or having rumours for the next iphone9....fml grow up people!

That's why I'm anti Apple :)



Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialX View Post

I'm not really a fan of any company. I just use whoever makes the best products for my uses. In that case, it happens to be Apple. I also have a Galaxy SII even though I have an iPhone 4S, iPad (3rd Gen) and MacBook Air. I have a Lumia 710 as well. So I pretty much have one phone from everything since Ijust love tech.

 

However since Apple has the most haters, I defend Apple the most. I defend any company that gets unjustful hate but since Apple gets the most of that, I usually defend Apple in public and some people see me as a 'fanboy', which is stupid since they're the haters.

Then how do the 4s and s2 compare?

I've "demoed" both.



Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

yeah. Samsung makes soo many parts for Apple and beats them in screens..as that's their home turf(not in NAND flash though) and Zenbooks have better scrreens as well..only problem is those are the big pro's of those tablet's only.

 

.. im a mac owner and proud

 

im a linux user and proud

 

im a windows pc user and proud

 

im a fan of samsung and proud

 

I am a user of ASUS Mobo's and products and proud 

 

i encourage the next gen innovation of intel and amd and ARM and i am proud to be using their amazing next gen contributions

 

I am a user of all technology ...and proud

 


I don't think that's possible - sorry.

It's fine saying it, but actually being it is different.

 

I understand u might LIKE all those brands, but by no means are you a fan or proud of some of those listed.

If you were, you wouldn't be totally biased on all Apple products, throughout this thread.

 

I do know u custom build PC's etc, but goes without saying. Ever since your first post in this thread, its been PRO APPLE.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialX View Post

*slow applause*

 

It's so rare to encounter people like us today. It's always PC vs Mac and frankly I'm just sick of it. I like using Macs the most, but hating others? That's just ignorance.

 

Personally I think the Super AMOLED is too over saturated. It's good for video and anime, but when it comes to text Apple's Retina Display is better in terms of accuracy and obviously, PPI.


I'm sick of apple vs mac too - each has their disadvantages and advantages.

 

SUPER AMOLED...I mean screw samsung - but honestly, its A LOT better than your LCD.

You are saying text is better on retina - because Apple's screen, has a higher resolution.

 

Now compare the Nexus S (720p) vs the 4s, and you will see that AMOLED HD vs 4s, will make the 4s look despicable. 

Although samsung s1/s2 vs iphones - i totally agree that the pixels are sharper and clearer, for text especially on the iphone's screen.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Lemon View Post

The only reason I justify apple hate is because too many people just accept that everything they make will be good. Of course, there are the groups that think that every new apple product is the next gift from god. I just have hopes that some of the apple haters might help put others into perspective. Of course, the reality is that fans will be fans. By sheer numbers, I think a larger portion of the population are automatically a fan of an apple product than some android product. (For clarification: I'm talking about serious fans... not just a simple personal preference)

 

Agreed


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialX View Post

Haha, seen that GIF so many times. I should have posted it. :P

 

That's a very interesting statistics sheet you got there.


Can we stay on topic instead of talking about manga?

 

 

post #84 of 163

I'm sorry...I just don't see the reason to argue for Apple's side. From my experience people who can't see Apple's appeal in the first place will never be convinced in the first place. The more I try to make people understand, the harder they try to reject it. Since I'll never convince you anyway, why even start? 

 

As for the Galaxy S2 and my iPhone 4S, I'll say that the iPhone 4S is my main handset and I also carry the SGS2 for video. As for which one I prefer...I think I will refrain from answering since regardless what my answer will be, it will serve to derail the thread further. 

post #85 of 163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkoolaidman View Post

Btw, here's an interesting Mac vs. Windows statistic pic:


That basically translated in my head:
MAC people being up market snobs, who like to present themselves as rich people.

ermm beats much?

 

Yup and again, cheers for the confirmation :)

 

post #86 of 163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialX View Post

I'm sorry...I just don't see the reason to argue for Apple's side. From my experience people who can't see Apple's appeal in the first place will never be convinced in the first place. The more I try to make people understand, the harder they try to reject it. Since I'll never convince you anyway, why even start? 

 

As for the Galaxy S2 and my iPhone 4S, I'll say that the iPhone 4S is my main handset and I also carry the SGS2 for video. As for which one I prefer...I think I will refrain from answering since regardless what my answer will be, it will serve to derail the thread further. 


Well, that's the point of this thread.

Expressing opinions and discussing.

 

Apple's appeal?
I've owned apple products longer than I've owned android.

 

And if you don't feel the need to explain, no worries.

 

post #87 of 163

While apple does make a seriously optimized OS, I can't stand how closed they are about everything.  Also I have a personal bias against the company since they sent me legal threats over my senior project about reverse engineering computer systems.  They tried to sue a high school student who was doing homework and trying to get a good grade, and it makes it worse that it happened to be me, so while the products they produce have some merit (they're obviously slanted marketing notwithstanding), I think the people who run the company are scum.  At least google's lawyers haven't given me f*** you letters yet.

post #88 of 163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltaechoe View Post

While apple does make a seriously optimized OS, I can't stand how closed they are about everything.  Also I have a personal bias against the company since they sent me legal threats over my senior project about reverse engineering computer systems.  They tried to sue a high school student who was doing homework and trying to get a good grade, and it makes it worse that it happened to be me, so while the products they produce have some merit (they're obviously slanted marketing notwithstanding), I think the people who run the company are scum.  At least google's lawyers haven't given me f*** you letters yet.


Well that's the thing - apple don't like people exploiting their software - even if its for the good of the company.

Imagine them as dictators over their own products.

 

 

post #89 of 163
^ its Mac smily_headphones1.gif MAC may refer to MAC adresses for many

Ive been pro apple and am a larger apple fan, but so? I use products from all company activeley. On my PC i mainly deal with open source an freeware programs and etc

Love the fact sheet btw
post #90 of 163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

^ its Mac smily_headphones1.gif MAC may refer to MAC adresses for many
Ive been pro apple and am a larger apple fan, but so? I use products from all company activeley. On my PC i mainly deal with open source an freeware programs and etc
Love the fact sheet btw


but then...that's just a lil odd.

Its like saying I suport every company:
Nvidia, asus, logitech, denon, kingston....

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › A discussion about phones and tablets