Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added... - Page 54

post #796 of 2203

I'm getting realy excited with the UHA-6S mkii now

 

As far as I could read it's a realy good amp and at least a good dac, making it a very good dac/amp combo for it's price (that's what i'm looking for afterall, not only a dac or amp).

 

Do you people know any other dac/amp in the same price with the same price/performance ratio as this leckerton?

post #797 of 2203

My understanding is that the Leckerton is some of the best value for money you can get.

post #798 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoji View Post

My understanding is that the Leckerton is some of the best value for money you can get.

i picked the black one :D this Amp rocks for real <3 and i always though that it will be way bigger yet i was shocked! :D not that it is bad but it is smaller and so beautiful that it will make it very hard for me to change it one day XD

and oh yes the quality rocks for this value for real!

post #799 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoji View Post

My understanding is that the Leckerton is some of the best value for money you can get.

 

Edited as I posted another thread. I did not intend to hijack this one.


Edited by theque - 11/15/12 at 10:24pm
post #800 of 2203
post #801 of 2203

Most of those are just AMPs not DAC/AMP combos.

 

Honestly, I see the trend going towards DAC/AMP combos connected to a cell phone. The fact is you are carrying around a cell phone anyhow, and Most cell phones are some form of smart phone. As long as it can be a player it can stream media over the network. This allows the user to add a single device to the chain when they want high quality audio. If you have an Android with JellyBean adding any of those 10 devices will drastically increase your sound quality. I would argue that anything above the 10 items I listed; 99% of the user base would not be able to tell the difference.

post #802 of 2203

The O/T ranking and discussion of other amps is perhaps best handled on theque's thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/636480/mid-high-end-dac-amp-combos-please-rate

post #803 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by theque View Post

I see the trend going towards DAC/AMP combos connected to a cell phone. The fact is you are carrying around a cell phone anyhow, and Most cell phones are some form of smart phone. As long as it can be a player it can stream media over the network. This allows the user to add a single device to the chain when they want high quality audio. 

 

This is exactly what I do; iPhone 4s > Leckerton UHA-6s-MKII > Westone W4R w\Chris_Himself recable mod L3000.gif

post #804 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by FACSman View Post

 

This is exactly what I do; iPhone 4s > Leckerton UHA-6s-MKII > Westone W4R w\Chris_Himself recable mod L3000.gif

 

Are you using USB audio from the iPhone?

post #805 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post

Are you using USB audio from the iPhone?

It must be amp section only since there is no way to bypass iPhone's internal dac without CCK+jailbreak app or amp/dac combo like HP-P1.
post #806 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinghui0711 View Post


It must be amp section only since there is no way to bypass iPhone's internal dac without CCK+jailbreak app or amp/dac combo like HP-P1.

Correct; just a Crystal Piccolino or an EACE LOD. wink_face.gif

post #807 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by FACSman View Post

Correct; just a Crystal Piccolino or an EACE LOD. wink_face.gif


I seriously want one of those :P.

post #808 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by FACSman View Post

Correct; just a Crystal Piccolino or an EACE LOD. wink_face.gif

Your LOD sounds very expensive to me. LOL I would rather get some LOD from DIY'er just because I can't really tell the difference between $100 above LOD and those $50 LOD.
post #809 of 2203

I understands; sometimes, there is a very fine line between Perception & Reality. wink.gif

post #810 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


I seriously want one of those :P.

The Crystal came from SE Asia; the EACE came from The Netherlands.gs1000.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)