Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added... - Page 42

post #616 of 2187

OK, so I got two emails from Nick - first was one that he has sent out to all people who have indicated that they want one from the next batch explaining things - he has received the boards and they are presently completing the units now that all parts are received. After that they will all need to go through quality control, and after that they will ship. He hopes that will happen by Nov 2nd, per the websites notice. Second email was just a response to my query confirming that he is OK with me passing all info along.

 

No idea how many units he has parts for, but I would suggest registering your interest with him so that one is earmarked for you if you are planning on getting one of these. Interest seems very strong right now with confirmation it works in Galaxy S3/Note II and with the Innerfidelity review.

post #617 of 2187
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Hmm. Try check your spam mail if not. Seems a lot of people mail from him goes to spam...

 

 

Thanks. We connected a few times via email. As of today, it's a done deal. Looking forward to my new 8610 Op-Amps. I'll look out to buy the tool I need.

post #618 of 2187
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldingMellish View Post

 

 

Thanks. We connected a few times via email. As of today, it's a done deal. Looking forward to my new 8610 Op-Amps. I'll look out to buy the tool I need.


HERE man, a cheap buy from Amazon. It should fill your needs nicely

post #619 of 2187
Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldingMellish View Post

 

 

Thanks. We connected a few times via email. As of today, it's a done deal. Looking forward to my new 8610 Op-Amps. I'll look out to buy the tool I need.


You can also use tweezers lol. I actually have used tweezers when in a pinch and it works quite well :P.

post #620 of 2187
I once spent a day stripping socketed PROMs off boards as a pizza-and-beer-money job for a friend of a friend. We had a lot of boards to strip, so we used teaspoons to do it faster--tuck the tip of the spoon under the edge of the chip, press down on the handle, and the chip pops out.

I don't recommend doing this on anything you plan to continue using, such as high quality portable amplifiers.
post #621 of 2187
hmm, the HO on my acer laptop is really really good, ABing between using the uha-6s mkii with my gr07's and using them out of the laptops headphone out, I can barely hear a difference, with the uha-6s having only a slight slight edge...
post #622 of 2187

That's pretty cool because I've never heard that one before. Generally laptop or PC outs are a complete joke. Also taking into consideration the RMAA tests. Then again I'm really not impressed by the UHA6 MKII DAC section. It's just not for me. It's ok I guess but has nothing at all on the DX100 DAC or my Dacport LX. Even through optical its a far-shot away. The amp section however is another story and that is where the bread and butter is for the UHA6 MKII. To be honest that is the only reason I bought it was for the amp section. The DAC is just superfluous for me.
 


Edited by lee730 - 10/27/12 at 7:37pm
post #623 of 2187
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post

hmm, the HO on my acer laptop is really really good, ABing between using the uha-6s mkii with my gr07's and using them out of the laptops headphone out, I can barely hear a difference, with the uha-6s having only a slight slight edge...

Wow that's unexpected. You did comment a few pages back that you found the dac of the Leckerton subpar.
You will be getting the note 2 right? Now I'm eager to find out how this stacks against the built in dac on the note 2 and a custom rom optimized for sound...
post #624 of 2187
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

That's pretty cool because I've never heard that one before. Generally laptop our PC outs are a complete joke. Also taking into consideration the RMAA tests. Then again I'm really not impressed by the UHA6 MKII DAC section. It's just not for me. It's ok I guess but has nothing at all on the DX100 DAC or my Dacport LX. Even through optical its a far-shot away. The amp section however is another story and that is where the bread and butter is for the UHA6 MKII. To be honest that is the only reason I bought it was for the amp section. The DAC is just superfluous for me.

 

Maybe I need to let the amp burn in some more? I agree that the DAC on it really isn't that great.
post #625 of 2187
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post


Maybe I need to let the amp burn in some more?


Could be. What Op-Amp are you using? I think the DAC section sounded even worse to my ears with 209.... Still didn't like it either way.... I'd say after 50  hours of usage the amp should be opening up already. But then again I'm not so sure about the DAC section as I barely used it for 2 hours lol. My DACport LX really started to shine after 200 hours. Same with the DX100.

post #626 of 2187
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Could be. What Op-Amp are you using? I think the DAC section sounded even worse to my ears with 209.... Still didn't like it either way.... I'd say after 50  hours of usage the amp should be opening up already. But then again I'm not so sure about the DAC section as I barely used it for 2 hours lol. My DACport LX really started to shine after 200 hours. Same with the DX100.

209, how is the dacport lx's dac compared to the dx100's?
post #627 of 2187

I'm not really sure what to tell you man. Maybe the DAC section does need more burn in time. Try letting it run in with music playing through and a pair of IEMs or headphones plugged in for a week or more and see if it helps. Just both the DAC and that Op-Amp aren't my cup of tea.
 

post #628 of 2187
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

I'm not really sure what to tell you man. Maybe the DAC section does need more burn in time. Try letting it run in with music playing through and a pair of IEMs or headphones plugged in for a week or more and see if it helps. Just both the DAc and that Op-Amp aren't my cup of tea.

 

Hmm will try that, I haven't really gotten to use the amp that much, so busy with other stuff. I should probably try the other op-amp's too, which one do you like best?
post #629 of 2187
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post


Hmm will try that, I haven't really gotten to use the amp that much, so busy with other stuff. I should probably try the other op-amp's too, which one do you like best?

 

8610 is my favorite followed by 627AP. 627AP is more fun and organic (tube-like). It has a very wide sound stage and a nice amount of depth (focuses more on width IMO but has a decent balance between the two). The bass is more prominent and warm. The mid-range is also more prominent and lush. The treble is smooth, doesn't seem rolled off but more refined and not so jagged.

 

8610 is very neutral but has clarity emphasis on the mid-range so it makes the mid range really shine through (fleshes out the mid-range). Plus it has a slight hint of warmth which makes the sound very fun and engaging to listen to at the same time without going overboard. The sound stage is decently wide as well but focuses more on depth which is nice. It takes you deep into the recording instead of forcing it on you which I find 209 to do.


Edited by lee730 - 10/27/12 at 7:54pm
post #630 of 2187
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

8610 is my favorite followed by 627AP. 627AP is more fun and organic (tube-like). It has a very wide sound stage and a nice amount of depth (focuses more on width IMO but has a decent balance between the two). The bass is more prominent and warm. The mid-range is also more prominent and lush. The treble is smooth, doesn't seem rolled off but more refined and not so jagged.

8610 is very neutral but has clarity emphasis on the mid-range so it make the mid range really shine through (fleshes out the mid-range). Plus it has a slight hint of warmth which makes the sound very fun and engaging to listen to at the same time without going overboard. The sound stage is decently wide as well but focuses more on depth which is nice. It takes you deep into the recording instead of forcing it on you which I find 209 to do.

Hmm sounds interesting, might have to order some to see which ones I like. Where's the order page for the different op-amp's? Can't seem to find them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)