Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added... - Page 37

post #541 of 2187
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post


Are you saying the new note 2 wont work with usb dacs like the gs3 does?? angry_face.gif

 

No, I'm not.

 

The Pico works fine with US S3s, but not international ones (it does work with international ones via a powered USB hub, but that doesn't interest me as part of my portable rig). This was already known, and it seems the Note 2, being based on the Exynos SoC has the same problem with the Pico. It is the only USB DAC I am aware of that works with some S3s and not others.

 

The Leckteron is confirmed working with the International S3, which is why I want to get it, as it should work fine with my Note 2.

 

USB audio is definitely working on the Note 2, as it does in the S3, it just doesn't play nicely with the Pico (sadly).

post #542 of 2187
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post

No, I'm not.

The Pico works fine with US S3s, but not international ones (it does work with international ones via a powered USB hub, but that doesn't interest me as part of my portable rig). This was already known, and it seems the Note 2, being based on the Exynos SoC has the same problem with the Pico. It is the only USB DAC I am aware of that works with some S3s and not others.

The Leckteron is confirmed working with the International S3, which is why I want to get it, as it should work fine with my Note 2.

USB audio is definitely working on the Note 2, as it does in the S3, it just doesn't play nicely with the Pico (sadly).

Thats good to hear that the note 2 supports it, do you know of any other smartphone other than the note 2 and g23 that support usb dacs?
post #543 of 2187
deleted.
Edited by zachchen1996 - 10/9/12 at 7:55pm
post #544 of 2187
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post


Thats good to hear that the note 2 supports it, do you know of any other smartphone other than the note 2 and g23 that support usb dacs?

 

None at this stage that I'm aware of (the iPhone can work with certain DACs, but not a standard type implementation like the S3/Note 2).

post #545 of 2187

I got my UHA-6S.MKII today, and I confirm it works perfectly with my International S3 :)

 

I'm quite satisfied with my new portable rig:

S3 -> OTG USB -> UHA-6S.MKII -> Westone 4r

post #546 of 2187
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentus View Post

I got my UHA-6S.MKII today, and I confirm it works perfectly with my International S3 smily_headphones1.gif

I'm quite satisfied with my new portable rig:
S3 -> OTG USB -> UHA-6S.MKII -> Westone 4r

Awesome! Just the news I was looking for. Now I just have an excruciating wait until I can order one myself.
post #547 of 2187
has anyone compared the dac in the uha-6s mkii with the odac or ud100?
post #548 of 2187

Wow I got mine just in time! I will be pairing these with a newly acquired pair of D7000's for office use, can't wait!!

post #549 of 2187

Does anyone know when using the UHA-6S.MKII with optical S/PDIF from my laptop, which DAC is being used? Is it the built-in laptop DAC or the UHA-6S.MKII DAC (Cirrus Logic)?

When using the UHA-6S.MKII via USB it clearly states USB DAC under Playback Devices, but when using S/PDIF it says HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO.

post #550 of 2187
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentus View Post

Does anyone know when using the UHA-6S.MKII with optical S/PDIF from my laptop, which DAC is being used? Is it the built-in laptop DAC or the UHA-6S.MKII DAC (Cirrus Logic)?
When using the UHA-6S.MKII via USB it clearly states USB DAC under Playback Devices, but when using S/PDIF it says HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO.

I would think it's the Leckerton DAC in both cases - via USB it only does up to 16bit sound (deliberate decision by Leckerton for maximum compatibility with portable devices), whereas from a PC or similar it does up to 24bit sound. I think that probably accounts for the difference in how your computer registers it.
Edited by NZtechfreak - 10/11/12 at 2:52pm
post #551 of 2187
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentus View Post

Does anyone know when using the UHA-6S.MKII with optical S/PDIF from my laptop, which DAC is being used? Is it the built-in laptop DAC or the UHA-6S.MKII DAC (Cirrus Logic)?

When using the UHA-6S.MKII via USB it clearly states USB DAC under Playback Devices, but when using S/PDIF it says HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO.


It should be the Leckerton that is being used.

post #552 of 2187
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post


I would think it's the Leckerton DAC in both cases - via USB it only does up to 16bit sound (deliberate decision by Leckerton for maximum compatibility with portable devices), whereas from a PC or similar it does up to 24bit sound. I think that probably accounts for the difference in how your computer registers it.


Ok, now I'm a little confused. Are you saying: laptop usb to Leckerton is limited to 16 bit? Or Android to Leckerton USB is limited to 16 bit.  I knew Android was limited. Spdif will go 24 from PC. True dat.

post #553 of 2187
Quote:
Originally Posted by garysohn View Post


Ok, now I'm a little confused. Are you saying: laptop usb to Leckerton is limited to 16 bit? Or Android to Leckerton USB is limited to 16 bit.  I knew Android was limited. Spdif will go 24 from PC. True dat.


If you plug your UHA6 MKII into your PC via USB it is limited to 16/44 or is it 16/48. If you plug it in via Optical or Coaxil it will play up to 24/96 files bit for bit.

post #554 of 2187
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


If you plug it in via Optical or Coaxil it will play up to 24/96 files bit for bit.

 

Using the Leckerton DAC, correct?

post #555 of 2187

Correct.
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)