Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added... - Page 17

post #241 of 2097

I'm a pleasantly surprised how the Victor FX700s pair with the DX100 via Coaxil to the UHA6 MKII (Op Amp 627AP). It's very musical and balanced IMO. Listening at low volume and getting all the detail :).
 

post #242 of 2097
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardgedee View Post


More or less. Were you listening to it while charging it?

 

No. The Leckerton UHA-6S MKII took 4 hour and 40 minutes to recharge from empty connected to the wall outlet. Is that the usual time it takes?

_______________________________________________________________________

 

Edit: Never mind - Nick emailed back and said it takes from 4 to 5 hours to recharge.


Edited by FieldingMellish - 8/13/12 at 10:36am
post #243 of 2097

btw - New iPhone and probably any other new music related player from Apple will sport a new receptacle with fewer pins that the one that has been in use for all these years. LOD makers please arrive at what's needed reasonably quickly. smile.gif

post #244 of 2097
You won't need an LOD before the phone arrives....
post #245 of 2097

Salted or unsalted? biggrin.gif

 

 

"I have one shipping out tomorrow.  Ordered it with the stock 209 Opamp and added an extra 8610 Opamp to the order because I liked it on my UHA6S.  Impressions to follow."

 

Will wait for results here!


Edited by mab61 - 8/13/12 at 1:35pm
post #246 of 2097

Mab61 -

 

You and Lee have me interested in the 8610. I'm probably going to spring for one soon. redface.gif

post #247 of 2097

^ I was thinking the same thing. Eventually I'd like to get a couple of op amps to change it up. For now though, the 209 is fresh and sounds super good

post #248 of 2097

Wonder if someone can share more details on OPA 627 amp,say to compare to OPA 8610?

I am thinking of getting one...

post #249 of 2097
Quote:
Originally Posted by mab61 View Post

Wonder if someone can share more details on OPA 627 amp,say to compare to OPA 8610?

I am thinking of getting one...


I feel Op Amp 8610 is more neutral while 627 is more musical or tube-like. Both are really good IMO and depending on synergy or preference can excel over each other in different circumstances. I also have 209 which is also good in its own right (transparency mainly).

post #250 of 2097
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

 

Honestly though Apple needs to stop being so controlling and greedy and just opt for a micro SD card option. I swear their  greed will one day be their undoing.

 

This is why I had my wallet tell Apple to eff off.  Happy w/ my Nokia, USB digital out, 192GB of cards in wallet, 12MP camera.  Thx Finland!  

 

The Leck is self powered unlike the ODAC so it shouldn't be a problem w/ power unless somebody not named Nick did something wrong.

post #251 of 2097
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


I feel Op Amp 8610 is more neutral while 627 is more musical or tube-like. Both are really good IMO and depending on synergy or preference can excel over each other in different circumstances. I also have 209 which is also good in its own right (transparency mainly).

 

Agreed w/ all that.  The 8610 sounds more V shaped to me but I know it's flat.  A little treble and bass excitement, could be harmonics.  I'm just a resolution freak so 209 for me.

post #252 of 2097

Gentleman, please let's not turn this into an anti-Apple thread. It's completely unrelated to the topic at hand.

post #253 of 2097

I'm wondering if it's time to start keeping a table of how different op-amps, in what configuration, sound in Leckerton products. In part because I plan on getting a few to experiment with chip-rolling, and I've been taking notes on what people say here about them.

 

The OPA627 sounds like a pricey winner, but I notice Leckerton doesn't list it as an aftermarket item. Has anybody tried asking him about availability?

 

It looks like various op-amps are available pre-mounted on surface-mount adaptors through third parties, but I've been hesitating in part because I'm uncertain which op-amps are going to be better off with bypass caps, and which won't be.

post #254 of 2097
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardgedee View Post

I'm wondering if it's time to start keeping a table of how different op-amps, in what configuration, sound in Leckerton products. In part because I plan on getting a few to experiment with chip-rolling, and I've been taking notes on what people say here about them.

 

The OPA627 sounds like a pricey winner, but I notice Leckerton doesn't list it as an aftermarket item. Has anybody tried asking him about availability?

 

It looks like various op-amps are available pre-mounted on surface-mount adaptors through third parties, but I've been hesitating in part because I'm uncertain which op-amps are going to be better off with bypass caps, and which won't be.


He said he'll have them in stock again. You can also order them from mouser. Get OP Amp 627AP and it will fit the board (he recommended I buy them from mouser since he was out of stock). It was slightly cheaper there as well (about $42.00 including shipping for a pair). The 627 Chips are huge in comparison to 8610 and 209. You'll have to bend the pins slightly inward to make them straight so they go directly into the UHA6 MKII board.


Edited by lee730 - 8/13/12 at 7:01pm
post #255 of 2097
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardgedee View Post

I'm wondering if it's time to start keeping a table of how different op-amps, in what configuration, sound in Leckerton products. In part because I plan on getting a few to experiment with chip-rolling, and I've been taking notes on what people say here about them.

 

The OPA627 sounds like a pricey winner, but I notice Leckerton doesn't list it as an aftermarket item. Has anybody tried asking him about availability?

 

It looks like various op-amps are available pre-mounted on surface-mount adaptors through third parties, but I've been hesitating in part because I'm uncertain which op-amps are going to be better off with bypass caps, and which won't be.


I'm game, someone throw up a table of op amps and their differences and I'll add it to the first post to make it easy for someone to make an informed decision

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)