- 408 Posts. Joined 6/2012
- Location: Amsterdam
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noob's not-so-quick comparison: RSA Predator, Pico Slim, Arrow 4G, Leckerton Audio UHA-6S Last post on 9/18/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Leckerton UHA-6S MKII or trade ?? 200 € Last post on 7/4/13 at 10:17am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Leckerton Audio UHA-6S.MKII Last post on 5/31/13 at 6:57am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Leckerton Audio UHA-6S. MK II or trade for asgard 2 / Bifrost / grado 325i / v-moda m100 black matte Last post on 6/2/13 at 5:54pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Heir Audio 4.A and Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII Last post on 5/28/13 at 7:01am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
I am lucky. Very lucky. As I listened last Sunday to the i5, not only did we have the first good (not hard, but good) freeze of the Fall, but since I had been up since just before sunrise, I was...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
I got the honour of being part of the C1 World Tour .Thank you for the opportunity Micah and the RHA Team. Selflessly our Tour Organiser , @glassmonkey gave me the chance to unwrap this...
New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012) - Page 96
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Dynamic driver impedance fluctuates with frequency.
Orthodynamic driver impedance does not, and there's nothing needing damping.
Amplifier output impedance isn't a big deal when driving orthos, and high current can do wonders for them.
This does not necessarily apply in the same way to other types of drivers: Dynamic, balanced armature, and so on. Each has their own idiosyncrasies, and some are far more likely to benefit from high damping factors.
True, planar magnetics are usually purely resistive loads, but that does not mean they don't benefit from an amp that has an output impedence much lower than their own resistance/impedence, that produces enough current to drive them well, and that can handle their back-emf.
Same. I have tried it both HE-500 and Mad Dogs and they sound great on high gain. I usually use them with both Mad Dog and 1964 V3 (ciem), and they work great with both. This dac/amp is a really great allrounder.
That's a really intriguing setup, Bill-P. After your previous post about optical I went out and bought an optical cable to work with my iMac, and while I haven't plugged the USB back in yet for comparison, I think this is the best sound I've heard from my rig. It's definitely fuller bodied than using the line out from my iPhone, but it keeps the vocals and mids where I like them. I find with the USB I get more body in the sound, but sometimes I have to turn up the volume more than I like to get the vocal presence I want. I also feel so far that the optical feed gives more definition to the bass and low percussion.
Your setup suggests that a USB digital converted to optical is better than the USB implementation built into the Leckerton. Interesting, and it looks like a more affordable and portable rig than adding a CLAS to my collection. Why does everything I own have to be made by Apple?
Yeah, I get more definition out of the optical connection as well. Through USB, there seems to be some sort of haze to the sound, and I also lose the ability to upscale in Audirvana when I use the UHA-6S with my MacBook.
Haven´t seen this posted here yet: amplifier section RMAA measurements using a low impedance IEM: http://www.markuskraus.com/RMAA/uha6smkii/iphone4.htm (tests done by some guy from the German hifi-forum.de)
Measures very good straight out of an iPhone using LOD. Looks like a nice product! I´m willing to assume the DAC part is good too :)
Can I use the UHA-6S MKII headphone output as a line out for other amps? I want to connect it to my speaker amp but I'm worried that the sound quality will be degraded from double amping.
I don't realy know. The 6S mkii is very clean, and leckerton claims that it can be used as a preamp (like you are trying to do), but I haven't tried it.
I can try if you wan't and see what happens.
The Leckerton is clean enough that yes, you shouldn't have any problem doing this (although as with other responses, I haven't actually tried it).
Use optical if you can, as it is better than USB in this specific case. Not to say that USB is bad, but it is purposefully limited to ensure better support for portable devices like iPads.
Optical should be slightly better.. see post 1409 ;)
Edited by Ari33 - 3/21/13 at 1:00pm
"But through optical, it improved so much that I almost thought they built in two different DACs."
and i was using it as usb all the time XD just bought this amp again! going back to IEM/CIEM they are better than the full size cans when it comes to the leakage which i really hate, specially with open drivers.....
- New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 CS Closed Back 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 - cutting out issues 3 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Burson Cable+ Active Voltage Raising / Impedance Matching Cable 5 minutes ago
- › An all too common fight – the HE400x vs the HD6xx 6 minutes ago
- › FS: Aune X1s in great conditions 7 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 7 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear