Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added... - Page 76

post #1126 of 2203

Has anyone yet tried the OPA627BP op amps relative to the optional OPA627AP offered? 

post #1127 of 2203

No but I have my pair up for sale if you want? ;)
 

post #1128 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

No but I have my pair up for sale if you want? wink.gif

 

post #1129 of 2203
Anybody tried this amp hooked up to a ps3? I assume it would work?
post #1130 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby1 View Post

Anybody tried this amp hooked up to a ps3? I assume it would work?


 I belive the PS3 (I'm assuming you are talking about sony Playstation 3) have an toslink output on it's back, like this one:

 

700

 

the toslink is the one assigned as "(OPTICAL)"

 

I don't know why wouldn't it work.


Edited by jhelsas - 12/11/12 at 5:33am
post #1131 of 2203
It should work. Did you go to the playstation 3 settings( in the audio options ) and change the output to optical from hdmi?
post #1132 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

No but I have my pair up for sale if you want? ;)
 

Just couldn't stand up to the 8610s, eh?  The APs on the other hand...

post #1133 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacal01 View Post

Just couldn't stand up to the 8610s, eh?  The APs on the other hand...


No it's just all in preference. 627AP is indeed more musical and in that can be more enjoyable overall. It just depends on your needs. I'm actually selling my amp as well so everything must go :P.

post #1134 of 2203

Well, in my case, it's too late.  I'm already in for a pound, including the BPs.

 

Best o' luck on the Studio V, tho.  Also the Crazy Eddie sale.

post #1135 of 2203
I received my Leckerton today and what a beautiful piece of art it is and an upgrade from my iPhone 4S headphone out. I only have the fiio lod until my eace arrives but what a change. Just a quick question does anyone here experience any channel imbalance at lower volumes? I turned the amp all the way down while on low gain and then very slowly turned it up and I am able to hear the right noticeably louder than left and as I very slowly keep increasing the volume the left becomes louder than the right and so on until it evens out. These are at lower volumes mind you.
post #1136 of 2203
IIRC it has to be at a certain level before the channels balance out on mine also.
post #1137 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post

I received my Leckerton today and what a beautiful piece of art it is and an upgrade from my iPhone 4S headphone out. I only have the fiio lod until my eace arrives but what a change. Just a quick question does anyone here experience any channel imbalance at lower volumes? I turned the amp all the way down while on low gain and then very slowly turned it up and I am able to hear the right noticeably louder than left and as I very slowly keep increasing the volume the left becomes louder than the right and so on until it evens out. These are at lower volumes mind you.


It's not a digital pot so this is quite common among most amps with these types of pots. The Triad is an exception however and is extremely good with its volume pot for low volume listening without channel imbalance (with sensitive IEMs).

post #1138 of 2203
So is this the definitive dac/amp to get at the sub 350 usd bracket?
post #1139 of 2203

...so in a fit of upgradeitis, I sold off my Headstage, and am looking for new amp experiences...this one comes up a lot, but I am a little concerned about the optical, coax, etc lines in...seems like a lot of extra stuff I won't be using. Is anyone using these, and if so, with what?

 

I probably won't end up using them, but I am curious...

post #1140 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleasbaby View Post

...so in a fit of upgradeitis, I sold off my Headstage, and am looking for new amp experiences...this one comes up a lot, but I am a little concerned about the optical, coax, etc lines in...seems like a lot of extra stuff I won't be using. Is anyone using these, and if so, with what?

 

I probably won't end up using them, but I am curious...

 

I use the optical out from my laptop into the Leckerton. Works great for a transportable setup, much better than headphone jack on my laptop. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)