- 3 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandSonytagged by System, 5/23/12
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 5/23/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG Last post on 6/11/14 at 9:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bass Headphone Recommendations Last post on 11/24/11 at 9:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-680 any good? Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good portable headphones??? Last post on 9/8/11 at 11:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT???? - Page 5post #61 of 6912/19/12 at 11:41amCan I have one of them spare headphones please
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 6912/20/12 at 9:54ampost #63 of 6912/20/12 at 11:15am
This headset is soooooo super comfortable for my head! The super soft cushions just are so.... magnificent! yum!
Listening to them now, I at first think: I would have thought they had even more bass, but dont take this the wrong way.
I actually feel they have quite good balance and they sound good.
Running them off my ultrabook now and they have not been broken in yet.
Listening to this playlist on spotify
I really like the highs/treble and the midbass.. and I feel like sleeping because they are so comfortable..
Edited by Olavxxx - 12/20/12 at 11:16ampost #64 of 692/25/13 at 12:25am
Are these officially canceled now? Or will them make them in a new form of some sort? I just got my first set of m50's a few months ago to get into decent headphones and I like the idea of the extreme bass, but apparently they decided to cancel them about a year before I knew they existed...
post #65 of 694/10/13 at 2:11pmThis is the XB series line-up on Sony's official website. Notice that the earlier XB headphones, such as the XB500, have "生産完了" ("production ended") written in their entries. However, the XB1000 entry does not have such.
The answer to this question on Yahoo Q&A from May 2012 says that it hasn't been discontinued, only that the Sony Store is no longer selling it. A quick check for the XB1000 on the Sony Store says exactly that (the text in the red box). That answer also gives a link to the Kakaku entry for the XB-1000, where as of this post, there are stores still selling it.
With that information, the XB1000 is likely still being made. Sony no longer selling the XB1000 directly simply means it's more difficult for foreigners to get one. Head-Fi no longer displaying affiliate ads for the XB1000 is probably a good indicator of its scarcity in the United States. I don't know how much of a success they've been for Sony, but if they're not selling well, it could just be Sony not wanting such a large stock of them around. Though it could also be a sign that Sony is quietly ramping down production regardless of how well they're selling.post #66 of 697/21/13 at 7:41ampost #67 of 697/30/13 at 11:57ampost #68 of 697/30/13 at 3:51pmQuote:
Sony ma900 also has the 70mm drivers I believe!
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT????
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › will dac eliminate the buzzing sound? 29 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › Buying my first audiophile grade headphones need some help please :) 4 minutes ago
- › The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 7 minutes ago
- › New Grace Design m920 DAC/amp with DSD decoding 7 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 Over Ear Headphone 10 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)