- 3 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandSonytagged by System, 5/23/12
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 5/23/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG Last post on 6/11/14 at 9:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bass Headphone Recommendations Last post on 11/24/11 at 9:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-680 any good? Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good portable headphones??? Last post on 9/8/11 at 11:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT???? - Page 5post #61 of 6912/19/12 at 11:41amCan I have one of them spare headphones please
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 6912/20/12 at 9:54ampost #63 of 6912/20/12 at 11:15am
This headset is soooooo super comfortable for my head! The super soft cushions just are so.... magnificent! yum!
Listening to them now, I at first think: I would have thought they had even more bass, but dont take this the wrong way.
I actually feel they have quite good balance and they sound good.
Running them off my ultrabook now and they have not been broken in yet.
Listening to this playlist on spotify
I really like the highs/treble and the midbass.. and I feel like sleeping because they are so comfortable..
Edited by Olavxxx - 12/20/12 at 11:16ampost #64 of 692/25/13 at 12:25am
Are these officially canceled now? Or will them make them in a new form of some sort? I just got my first set of m50's a few months ago to get into decent headphones and I like the idea of the extreme bass, but apparently they decided to cancel them about a year before I knew they existed...
post #65 of 694/10/13 at 2:11pmThis is the XB series line-up on Sony's official website. Notice that the earlier XB headphones, such as the XB500, have "生産完了" ("production ended") written in their entries. However, the XB1000 entry does not have such.
The answer to this question on Yahoo Q&A from May 2012 says that it hasn't been discontinued, only that the Sony Store is no longer selling it. A quick check for the XB1000 on the Sony Store says exactly that (the text in the red box). That answer also gives a link to the Kakaku entry for the XB-1000, where as of this post, there are stores still selling it.
With that information, the XB1000 is likely still being made. Sony no longer selling the XB1000 directly simply means it's more difficult for foreigners to get one. Head-Fi no longer displaying affiliate ads for the XB1000 is probably a good indicator of its scarcity in the United States. I don't know how much of a success they've been for Sony, but if they're not selling well, it could just be Sony not wanting such a large stock of them around. Though it could also be a sign that Sony is quietly ramping down production regardless of how well they're selling.post #66 of 697/21/13 at 7:41ampost #67 of 697/30/13 at 11:57ampost #68 of 697/30/13 at 3:51pmQuote:
Sony ma900 also has the 70mm drivers I believe!
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT????
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Replacement cable for V-MODA M100 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 4 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X1 impressions 9 minutes ago
- › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs) 10 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 10 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)