- 3 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandSonytagged by System, 5/23/12
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 5/23/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG Last post on 4/20/15 at 7:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bass Headphone Recommendations Last post on 11/24/11 at 9:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-680 any good? Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good portable headphones??? Last post on 9/8/11 at 11:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
The ATH-CK9’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. Built and accessories: The ATH-CKR9 is a dual dynamic IEM featuring two 13mm drivers. The drivers are...
Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT???? - Page 5post #61 of 6912/19/12 at 11:41amCan I have one of them spare headphones please
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 6912/20/12 at 9:54ampost #63 of 6912/20/12 at 11:15am
This headset is soooooo super comfortable for my head! The super soft cushions just are so.... magnificent! yum!
Listening to them now, I at first think: I would have thought they had even more bass, but dont take this the wrong way.
I actually feel they have quite good balance and they sound good.
Running them off my ultrabook now and they have not been broken in yet.
Listening to this playlist on spotify
I really like the highs/treble and the midbass.. and I feel like sleeping because they are so comfortable..
Edited by Olavxxx - 12/20/12 at 11:16ampost #64 of 692/25/13 at 12:25am
Are these officially canceled now? Or will them make them in a new form of some sort? I just got my first set of m50's a few months ago to get into decent headphones and I like the idea of the extreme bass, but apparently they decided to cancel them about a year before I knew they existed...
post #65 of 694/10/13 at 2:11pmThis is the XB series line-up on Sony's official website. Notice that the earlier XB headphones, such as the XB500, have "生産完了" ("production ended") written in their entries. However, the XB1000 entry does not have such.
The answer to this question on Yahoo Q&A from May 2012 says that it hasn't been discontinued, only that the Sony Store is no longer selling it. A quick check for the XB1000 on the Sony Store says exactly that (the text in the red box). That answer also gives a link to the Kakaku entry for the XB-1000, where as of this post, there are stores still selling it.
With that information, the XB1000 is likely still being made. Sony no longer selling the XB1000 directly simply means it's more difficult for foreigners to get one. Head-Fi no longer displaying affiliate ads for the XB1000 is probably a good indicator of its scarcity in the United States. I don't know how much of a success they've been for Sony, but if they're not selling well, it could just be Sony not wanting such a large stock of them around. Though it could also be a sign that Sony is quietly ramping down production regardless of how well they're selling.post #66 of 697/21/13 at 7:41ampost #67 of 697/30/13 at 11:57ampost #68 of 697/30/13 at 3:51pmQuote:
Sony ma900 also has the 70mm drivers I believe!
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT????
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 10 seconds ago
- › Ibasso DX90 - which headphones do you prefer to use with DX90? 17 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Review 32 seconds ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 45 seconds ago
- › FS: Dita Audio Answer Truth Edition (UK Seller) 53 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 1 minute ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic T51p Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Etymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones by Chiek
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2