- 3 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandSonytagged by System, 5/23/12
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 5/23/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG Last post on 6/11/14 at 9:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bass Headphone Recommendations Last post on 11/24/11 at 9:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-680 any good? Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good portable headphones??? Last post on 9/8/11 at 11:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT???? - Page 5post #61 of 6912/19/12 at 11:41amCan I have one of them spare headphones please
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 6912/20/12 at 9:54ampost #63 of 6912/20/12 at 11:15am
This headset is soooooo super comfortable for my head! The super soft cushions just are so.... magnificent! yum!
Listening to them now, I at first think: I would have thought they had even more bass, but dont take this the wrong way.
I actually feel they have quite good balance and they sound good.
Running them off my ultrabook now and they have not been broken in yet.
Listening to this playlist on spotify
I really like the highs/treble and the midbass.. and I feel like sleeping because they are so comfortable..
Edited by Olavxxx - 12/20/12 at 11:16ampost #64 of 692/25/13 at 12:25am
Are these officially canceled now? Or will them make them in a new form of some sort? I just got my first set of m50's a few months ago to get into decent headphones and I like the idea of the extreme bass, but apparently they decided to cancel them about a year before I knew they existed...
post #65 of 694/10/13 at 2:11pmThis is the XB series line-up on Sony's official website. Notice that the earlier XB headphones, such as the XB500, have "生産完了" ("production ended") written in their entries. However, the XB1000 entry does not have such.
The answer to this question on Yahoo Q&A from May 2012 says that it hasn't been discontinued, only that the Sony Store is no longer selling it. A quick check for the XB1000 on the Sony Store says exactly that (the text in the red box). That answer also gives a link to the Kakaku entry for the XB-1000, where as of this post, there are stores still selling it.
With that information, the XB1000 is likely still being made. Sony no longer selling the XB1000 directly simply means it's more difficult for foreigners to get one. Head-Fi no longer displaying affiliate ads for the XB1000 is probably a good indicator of its scarcity in the United States. I don't know how much of a success they've been for Sony, but if they're not selling well, it could just be Sony not wanting such a large stock of them around. Though it could also be a sign that Sony is quietly ramping down production regardless of how well they're selling.post #66 of 697/21/13 at 7:41ampost #67 of 697/30/13 at 11:57ampost #68 of 697/30/13 at 3:51pmQuote:
Sony ma900 also has the 70mm drivers I believe!
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT????
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 22 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 49 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 51 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 54 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Skullcandy Lowrider, Icon 3 or Cassette 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for a <100$ headphones *Looks like beats solo hd* 5 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)