- 3 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandSonytagged by System, 5/23/12
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 5/23/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG Last post on 4/20/15 at 7:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bass Headphone Recommendations Last post on 11/24/11 at 9:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-680 any good? Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good portable headphones??? Last post on 9/8/11 at 11:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT???? - Page 5post #61 of 6912/19/12 at 11:41amCan I have one of them spare headphones please
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 6912/20/12 at 9:54ampost #63 of 6912/20/12 at 11:15am
This headset is soooooo super comfortable for my head! The super soft cushions just are so.... magnificent! yum!
Listening to them now, I at first think: I would have thought they had even more bass, but dont take this the wrong way.
I actually feel they have quite good balance and they sound good.
Running them off my ultrabook now and they have not been broken in yet.
Listening to this playlist on spotify
I really like the highs/treble and the midbass.. and I feel like sleeping because they are so comfortable..
Edited by Olavxxx - 12/20/12 at 11:16ampost #64 of 692/25/13 at 12:25am
Are these officially canceled now? Or will them make them in a new form of some sort? I just got my first set of m50's a few months ago to get into decent headphones and I like the idea of the extreme bass, but apparently they decided to cancel them about a year before I knew they existed...
post #65 of 694/10/13 at 2:11pmThis is the XB series line-up on Sony's official website. Notice that the earlier XB headphones, such as the XB500, have "生産完了" ("production ended") written in their entries. However, the XB1000 entry does not have such.
The answer to this question on Yahoo Q&A from May 2012 says that it hasn't been discontinued, only that the Sony Store is no longer selling it. A quick check for the XB1000 on the Sony Store says exactly that (the text in the red box). That answer also gives a link to the Kakaku entry for the XB-1000, where as of this post, there are stores still selling it.
With that information, the XB1000 is likely still being made. Sony no longer selling the XB1000 directly simply means it's more difficult for foreigners to get one. Head-Fi no longer displaying affiliate ads for the XB1000 is probably a good indicator of its scarcity in the United States. I don't know how much of a success they've been for Sony, but if they're not selling well, it could just be Sony not wanting such a large stock of them around. Though it could also be a sign that Sony is quietly ramping down production regardless of how well they're selling.post #66 of 697/21/13 at 7:41ampost #67 of 697/30/13 at 11:57ampost #68 of 697/30/13 at 3:51pmQuote:
Sony ma900 also has the 70mm drivers I believe!
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT????
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 19 seconds ago
- › [Review] Encore Rockmaster IE (In-Ear) - well rounded $30 budget... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 3 minutes ago
- › worst date stories 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 5 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 5 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 6 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 = Waste of Money (and general discussion) 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 9 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2