- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandSonytagged by System, 5/23/12
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 5/23/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG Last post on 12/2/15 at 1:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bass Headphone Recommendations Last post on 11/24/11 at 9:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-680 any good? Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good portable headphones??? Last post on 9/8/11 at 11:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT????post #1 of 693/23/12 at 1:23pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 693/23/12 at 1:58pmpost #3 of 693/23/12 at 2:29pmThread Starterpost #4 of 693/23/12 at 3:26pmpost #5 of 693/23/12 at 3:35pm
Why? Both XB500 and XB1000 are interesting headphones although I can understand in case XB1000 is being withdrawn as it's clear at this point it won't be any popular headphone and a special 70 mm driver headphone would almost require to become a hit to be worth having it in the market for the higher production costs/make up for the R&D costs etc.
However I have a hard time seeing XB500 being withdrawn, I think it's more down to Sony not being able to supply as many XB500 as there is demand for so they are just constantly running out of stock everywhere, seems to be among the very most popular headphones these days, so yea XB1000 I can see why it would be withdrawn but the other XB headphones no sane company would withdraw from production anytime soon due to how much they are selling of them.
If I was Sony I'd even introduce a "refreshed" lineup, call it either XB400, XB600, XB800 or XB1300, XB1500, XB1700 with more similar design as XB1000 and maybe some minor tweaks to frequency response and charge like 30~$50 more for every model, there's a lot more potential cash to make from the "Xtra Bass" series. Imagine a XB500 sized but XB1000 design, sold at $80~90 (street pricing at least) and minor tweaks to sound quality, that would sell like hotcakes. The more solid material of XB1000 would probably be enough to make quite an improvement to the bass of XB500 already (the cup is very thin aluminium shell which vibrates like crazy (resonance in the bass, lack of tightness).
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 3/23/12 at 4:15pmpost #6 of 693/23/12 at 4:21pmThread Starterpost #7 of 693/23/12 at 4:28pm
Probably Sony is planning to release a new line..and replace the XB series??
Something similar happening with the Jvc RX series.post #8 of 693/23/12 at 5:19pmQuote:
I hope so, I'd buy a refresh XB500/700 "XB1000 look-alike" in an instant as long as it's around $100 or less (unless it has gotten a significant sound quality boost).
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 3/23/12 at 5:21pmpost #9 of 693/23/12 at 5:30pm
you gotta be ******* kidding me, lol i put in my amazon order about a month ago and its still up but hasnt been shipped, estimated arrival is still sometime in april, im just crossing my fingers and hoping i slid thru at the last second and secured onepost #10 of 693/23/12 at 5:35pmpost #11 of 693/23/12 at 5:36pmpost #12 of 693/23/12 at 5:45pmQuote:
I think somebody needs to contact sony and request more info about this.post #13 of 693/23/12 at 5:46pm
this has been an on-going discussion on a lot of forums for like 3 months now.
i read somewhere the thai flood hit their camera/headphone manufacturing.
a month ago it said the xb700 was gona be restocked april 9 on the sony website.
i presume it would include their other out-of-stock headphones (xb-series, mdr-series). i doubt they've cancelled them.post #14 of 693/23/12 at 6:02pm
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT????
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Liquid Gold - 2014 11 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 13 seconds ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 38 seconds ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Dunu TITAN Series: 1/1es/3/5 -- Ti-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear"... 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 5 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 7 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...