- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandSonytagged by System, 5/23/12
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 5/23/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG Last post on 6/11/14 at 9:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bass Headphone Recommendations Last post on 11/24/11 at 9:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-680 any good? Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good portable headphones??? Last post on 9/8/11 at 11:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT????post #1 of 693/23/12 at 1:23pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 693/23/12 at 1:58pmpost #3 of 693/23/12 at 2:29pmThread Starterpost #4 of 693/23/12 at 3:26pmpost #5 of 693/23/12 at 3:35pm
Why? Both XB500 and XB1000 are interesting headphones although I can understand in case XB1000 is being withdrawn as it's clear at this point it won't be any popular headphone and a special 70 mm driver headphone would almost require to become a hit to be worth having it in the market for the higher production costs/make up for the R&D costs etc.
However I have a hard time seeing XB500 being withdrawn, I think it's more down to Sony not being able to supply as many XB500 as there is demand for so they are just constantly running out of stock everywhere, seems to be among the very most popular headphones these days, so yea XB1000 I can see why it would be withdrawn but the other XB headphones no sane company would withdraw from production anytime soon due to how much they are selling of them.
If I was Sony I'd even introduce a "refreshed" lineup, call it either XB400, XB600, XB800 or XB1300, XB1500, XB1700 with more similar design as XB1000 and maybe some minor tweaks to frequency response and charge like 30~$50 more for every model, there's a lot more potential cash to make from the "Xtra Bass" series. Imagine a XB500 sized but XB1000 design, sold at $80~90 (street pricing at least) and minor tweaks to sound quality, that would sell like hotcakes. The more solid material of XB1000 would probably be enough to make quite an improvement to the bass of XB500 already (the cup is very thin aluminium shell which vibrates like crazy (resonance in the bass, lack of tightness).
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 3/23/12 at 4:15pmpost #6 of 693/23/12 at 4:21pmThread Starterpost #7 of 693/23/12 at 4:28pmpost #8 of 693/23/12 at 5:19pmQuote:
I hope so, I'd buy a refresh XB500/700 "XB1000 look-alike" in an instant as long as it's around $100 or less (unless it has gotten a significant sound quality boost).
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 3/23/12 at 5:21pmpost #9 of 693/23/12 at 5:30pm
you gotta be ******* kidding me, lol i put in my amazon order about a month ago and its still up but hasnt been shipped, estimated arrival is still sometime in april, im just crossing my fingers and hoping i slid thru at the last second and secured onepost #10 of 693/23/12 at 5:35pmpost #11 of 693/23/12 at 5:36pmpost #12 of 693/23/12 at 5:45pmQuote:
I think somebody needs to contact sony and request more info about this.post #13 of 693/23/12 at 5:46pm
this has been an on-going discussion on a lot of forums for like 3 months now.
i read somewhere the thai flood hit their camera/headphone manufacturing.
a month ago it said the xb700 was gona be restocked april 9 on the sony website.
i presume it would include their other out-of-stock headphones (xb-series, mdr-series). i doubt they've cancelled them.post #14 of 693/23/12 at 6:02pm
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT????
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 10 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 15 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 50 seconds ago
- › Need some help from you pros on here. 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DAC for iPhone 6? 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D5000, FIIO E17, FIIO E09K 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 6 minutes ago
- › WTS Partially modded Denon D5000 (needs recable) Great for someone... 7 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 7 minutes ago
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)