- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandSonytagged by System, 5/23/12
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 5/23/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG Last post on 12/2/15 at 1:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bass Headphone Recommendations Last post on 11/24/11 at 9:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-680 any good? Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good portable headphones??? Last post on 9/8/11 at 11:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Quick Review : I bought them for casual listening and mixing and mastering purpose. I'm not disappointed by the sound signature. Things I'd like to stay the way they are: 1. frequency...
I have previously given a positive review for the Philips SHE3590, a cheap IEM that sounds good. I purchased the Philips SHE3595 because it looks like the SHE3590, has a microphone and it was...
Introduction – This is getting ridiculous, with a $5 RRP, the VE Monk+ is cheaper than most cables. The VE Monk+ is an update to the highly regarded VE Monk, one of the most awarded and most...
Background I first came across Rhapsodio, a boutique IEM maker based in Hong Kong, back in May 2013. I purchased their RDB+ v1 hybrid then, which is rather fun-sounding. After a year or so, I...
Shozy reached out to me and offered me a free set (just paid shipping+handling) in exchange for my review, and I gladly accepted. Many thanks to Shozy for this opportunity. Even though Shozy...
Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT????post #1 of 693/23/12 at 1:23pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 693/23/12 at 1:58pmpost #3 of 693/23/12 at 2:29pmThread Starterpost #4 of 693/23/12 at 3:26pmpost #5 of 693/23/12 at 3:35pm
Why? Both XB500 and XB1000 are interesting headphones although I can understand in case XB1000 is being withdrawn as it's clear at this point it won't be any popular headphone and a special 70 mm driver headphone would almost require to become a hit to be worth having it in the market for the higher production costs/make up for the R&D costs etc.
However I have a hard time seeing XB500 being withdrawn, I think it's more down to Sony not being able to supply as many XB500 as there is demand for so they are just constantly running out of stock everywhere, seems to be among the very most popular headphones these days, so yea XB1000 I can see why it would be withdrawn but the other XB headphones no sane company would withdraw from production anytime soon due to how much they are selling of them.
If I was Sony I'd even introduce a "refreshed" lineup, call it either XB400, XB600, XB800 or XB1300, XB1500, XB1700 with more similar design as XB1000 and maybe some minor tweaks to frequency response and charge like 30~$50 more for every model, there's a lot more potential cash to make from the "Xtra Bass" series. Imagine a XB500 sized but XB1000 design, sold at $80~90 (street pricing at least) and minor tweaks to sound quality, that would sell like hotcakes. The more solid material of XB1000 would probably be enough to make quite an improvement to the bass of XB500 already (the cup is very thin aluminium shell which vibrates like crazy (resonance in the bass, lack of tightness).
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 3/23/12 at 4:15pmpost #6 of 693/23/12 at 4:21pmThread Starterpost #7 of 693/23/12 at 4:28pm
Probably Sony is planning to release a new line..and replace the XB series??
Something similar happening with the Jvc RX series.post #8 of 693/23/12 at 5:19pmQuote:
I hope so, I'd buy a refresh XB500/700 "XB1000 look-alike" in an instant as long as it's around $100 or less (unless it has gotten a significant sound quality boost).
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 3/23/12 at 5:21pmpost #9 of 693/23/12 at 5:30pm
you gotta be ******* kidding me, lol i put in my amazon order about a month ago and its still up but hasnt been shipped, estimated arrival is still sometime in april, im just crossing my fingers and hoping i slid thru at the last second and secured onepost #10 of 693/23/12 at 5:35pmpost #11 of 693/23/12 at 5:36pmpost #12 of 693/23/12 at 5:45pmQuote:
I think somebody needs to contact sony and request more info about this.post #13 of 693/23/12 at 5:46pm
this has been an on-going discussion on a lot of forums for like 3 months now.
i read somewhere the thai flood hit their camera/headphone manufacturing.
a month ago it said the xb700 was gona be restocked april 9 on the sony website.
i presume it would include their other out-of-stock headphones (xb-series, mdr-series). i doubt they've cancelled them.post #14 of 693/23/12 at 6:02pm
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT????
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Looking for bass-heavy over ears with very large cups (upgrading... 5 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 51 seconds ago
- › 3 Kobiconn (aka RSA/ALO) connectors newer used 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016) 3 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S6 vs. S7 Phone for Audio 3 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD discussion + impression 4 minutes ago
- › YY Pro Audio 7N OCC , 2 pin 4 minutes ago
- › Musicmaker TK11 / TK12 5 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by vapman
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse