- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandSonytagged by System, 5/23/12
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 5/23/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG Last post on 12/2/15 at 1:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bass Headphone Recommendations Last post on 11/24/11 at 9:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-680 any good? Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good portable headphones??? Last post on 9/8/11 at 11:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
Pictures to be added shortly... Introduction Why am I here? Am I seeking an endgame all-in-one audio device? Am I seeking an amplifier for every conceivable, non-electrostatic headphone? Am...
Great quality to be expected of a Fiio product, the cable works as intended and feels nice in the hand. There`s no strain relief on the 30pin connector, perhaps it`s to increase pliability?...
Feliks Audio Espressivo A Foot Tappin', Head Shakin' Tube Amp | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION A Diamond In The Rough Feliks Audio is a family company...
Intro I've been searching for a pair of headphones to use on commutes for years. I started with the Skullcandy Hesh in middle school which broke after several months. After that i came across...
Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT????post #1 of 693/23/12 at 1:23pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 693/23/12 at 1:58pmpost #3 of 693/23/12 at 2:29pmThread Starterpost #4 of 693/23/12 at 3:26pmpost #5 of 693/23/12 at 3:35pm
Why? Both XB500 and XB1000 are interesting headphones although I can understand in case XB1000 is being withdrawn as it's clear at this point it won't be any popular headphone and a special 70 mm driver headphone would almost require to become a hit to be worth having it in the market for the higher production costs/make up for the R&D costs etc.
However I have a hard time seeing XB500 being withdrawn, I think it's more down to Sony not being able to supply as many XB500 as there is demand for so they are just constantly running out of stock everywhere, seems to be among the very most popular headphones these days, so yea XB1000 I can see why it would be withdrawn but the other XB headphones no sane company would withdraw from production anytime soon due to how much they are selling of them.
If I was Sony I'd even introduce a "refreshed" lineup, call it either XB400, XB600, XB800 or XB1300, XB1500, XB1700 with more similar design as XB1000 and maybe some minor tweaks to frequency response and charge like 30~$50 more for every model, there's a lot more potential cash to make from the "Xtra Bass" series. Imagine a XB500 sized but XB1000 design, sold at $80~90 (street pricing at least) and minor tweaks to sound quality, that would sell like hotcakes. The more solid material of XB1000 would probably be enough to make quite an improvement to the bass of XB500 already (the cup is very thin aluminium shell which vibrates like crazy (resonance in the bass, lack of tightness).
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 3/23/12 at 4:15pmpost #6 of 693/23/12 at 4:21pmThread Starterpost #7 of 693/23/12 at 4:28pm
Probably Sony is planning to release a new line..and replace the XB series??
Something similar happening with the Jvc RX series.post #8 of 693/23/12 at 5:19pmQuote:
I hope so, I'd buy a refresh XB500/700 "XB1000 look-alike" in an instant as long as it's around $100 or less (unless it has gotten a significant sound quality boost).
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 3/23/12 at 5:21pmpost #9 of 693/23/12 at 5:30pm
you gotta be ******* kidding me, lol i put in my amazon order about a month ago and its still up but hasnt been shipped, estimated arrival is still sometime in april, im just crossing my fingers and hoping i slid thru at the last second and secured onepost #10 of 693/23/12 at 5:35pmpost #11 of 693/23/12 at 5:36pmpost #12 of 693/23/12 at 5:45pmQuote:
I think somebody needs to contact sony and request more info about this.post #13 of 693/23/12 at 5:46pm
this has been an on-going discussion on a lot of forums for like 3 months now.
i read somewhere the thai flood hit their camera/headphone manufacturing.
a month ago it said the xb700 was gona be restocked april 9 on the sony website.
i presume it would include their other out-of-stock headphones (xb-series, mdr-series). i doubt they've cancelled them.post #14 of 693/23/12 at 6:02pm
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT????
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 46 seconds ago
- › Project Ember Review 47 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 58 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 59 seconds ago
- › iBasso dx120? 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 1 minute ago
- › Conductor Air pocket sized USB DAC, Headphone Amp, Remote... 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audiolab M-DAC plus with HDVA600 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...