Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC V7007 (former "GR08") - Info & expectations thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSONIC V7007 (former "GR08") - Info & expectations thread - Page 61

post #901 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

The 7007 isn't dead. Check out the vsonic interview posted in the BE thread.

There'll also be a dual dynamic iem that uses GR07 drivers.

That's an interesting choice by VSONIC.
So then they'll have two IEMs that compete with the AKG at different price points...?
post #902 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


That's an interesting choice by VSONIC.
So then they'll have two IEMs that compete with the AKG at different price points...?

 

No, as per an earlier post, my guess is the cheaper one ($180) will compete with the $1,300 K3003, and the more expensive one ($500) will compete with the ~$4,500 SR-009 (the Stax requiring a very expensive amp, BTW).

post #903 of 920

I'll believe it when I see it.

post #904 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

No, as per an earlier post, my guess is the cheaper one ($180) will compete with the $1,300 K3003, and the more expensive one ($500) will compete with the ~$4,500 SR-009 (the Stax requiring a very expensive amp, BTW).

Nice! We should tell Eke he can hit his goal early. But the cheaper model is actually $320 which as a value proposition is laughable.

The new $180 dollar model will be mainly competing with the outgoing $180 model which will probably be sold off at ~$130 to clear inventory.
post #905 of 920

Too many claims by vsonic, I still can't believe that a $180 dollar unit would directly compete against a $1300 set. If all of those claims were true (even by a tad lower by our expectations) then 2014 might be the year of vsonic :)

post #906 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by papijoe08 View Post

Too many claims by vsonic, I still can't believe that a $180 dollar unit would directly compete against a $1300 set. If all of those claims were true (even by a tad lower by our expectations) then 2014 might be the year of vsonic :)

 

Well, I always believe manufacturers' claims—ALWAYS—and when VSonic's CEO stated the GR08 / V7007 would put the K3003 to shame (or words to that effect), I knew straightaway he was telling the truth, nothing but the truth.

post #907 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

No, as per an earlier post, my guess is the cheaper one ($180) will compete with the $1,300 K3003, and the more expensive one ($500) will compete with the ~$4,500 SR-009 (the Stax requiring a very expensive amp, BTW).
I absolutely love your sense of humor!
post #908 of 920

I believe then 2014 might be the year of vsonic.

post #909 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleblanc343 View Post


I absolutely love your sense of humor!

 

 

Really?????  bigsmile_face.gif

post #910 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by papijoe08 View Post

Too many claims by vsonic, I still can't believe that a $180 dollar unit would directly compete against a $1300 set. If all of those claims were true (even by a tad lower by our expectations) then 2014 might be the year of vsonic :)

 

Well, the gr07be's didn't work out too well for me personally, but the vsd1's do work very well for me and imo they punch WAY above their price bracket. So I am open to the thought that 2014 might indeed be The year of Vsonic!...

post #911 of 920

I hope at least they do away with the comic sans though...

post #912 of 920
Regarding the "comic sans" font of vsd1 hahaha no comment LOL just kidding, maybe vsonic should hire a font consultant? HAHA :) I'm very much looking forward to VSONIC'S BREAKOUT year next year :)))
post #913 of 920
No news about GR08/V7007?
post #914 of 920
So is this dead in the water?
post #915 of 920

I'm assuming it is now. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC V7007 (former "GR08") - Info & expectations thread