Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC V7007 (former "GR08") - Info & expectations thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSONIC V7007 (former "GR08") - Info & expectations thread - Page 42

post #616 of 923
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

Sorry for not being around to translate, putente --- I've been busy (and will remain so). It looks like leoptimistic has done a good job of translating, though.

 

From all of the previous "tweets" I've seen him post, VSONIC's CEO seems to be a bit of a cocky guy; I'm not surprised that he declares his V7007 to be superior to the K3003; the truth, though, is that AKG did do a very good job of taking care of the tuning of the K3003, and it will require, despite all of VSONIC's capabilities, a gargantuan effort to surpass the K3003 in technical ability. Perhaps he believes so from a subjective, sound signature perspective, but I can't imagine any real improvements beyond the K3003 when it uses a very similar form factor and drivers. He claims that the K3003 has problems with the crossover networking, which isn't really true. The only issues I see with the K3003 are with distinct changes in character in the CSD response, and that's an inherent issue when hybridizing BAs and dynamic transducers.

 

With that being said, I've always maintained that the K3003 was overpriced by quite a few hundred bucks, and the V7007 will undercut my acceptable price by about half as well, so that's exciting. I'm also looking forward to the GR07 aesthetic/QC refresh. They say that they're using a completely new set of injection molds; perhaps the bizarre 'Walkaudio' label will also be gone, too.

 

 

No worries, mate! Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this. TBH, that's my opinion about the guy too, as I follow all his "tweets", VSONIC related and personal! biggrin.gif

 

I honestly don't expect that the V7007 will be better than the K3003. Maybe a slightly different tuning, for a more VSONIC house sound, but of course these will bring a "proper" price tag!  Apart from the GR07 facelift (that he had already announced some months ago), he also mentioned the much expected planar IEM (again), which will be an industry first, and another new highend dynamic... cool.gif

post #617 of 923
What's a planar iem?
post #618 of 923
What's a planar iem?
post #619 of 923
Oops sorry for the double post. I thought it wasn't registering.
Edited by Travelbug - 12/24/12 at 3:40am
post #620 of 923
post #621 of 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernito View Post

 

Come on, you really think it's expensive? It's like saying:

 

- "Hey, look, I found this company which is selling Ferraris for $300".

- "Quite expensive, huh? I can buy a bycicle for $100".


well, things are mostly objective for cars vs bikes. top speed, accel, torque, etc.

not so for iems.

in a world where i can get a westone 4 for the same amount, it seems pricey for a vsonic, a company that is known for value.

post #622 of 923
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss2625 View Post

well, things are mostly objective for cars vs bikes. top speed, accel, torque, etc.

not so for iems.

in a world where i can get a westone 4 for the same amount, it seems pricey for a vsonic, a company that is known for value.

 

 

Well, the W4 is a 4 BA IEM, so that's not a good comparision. It's better if you compare the V7007's 320USD pricetag to something on the market with the same hybrid technology, the AKG K3003, which is well above 1000 USD. But then again, the V7007 will have some (expected) fierce competition on that price range from other soon to be released triple hybrid IEMs, the full K3003 copy Astrotec AX9 and the south-korean T-PEOS H-200... popcorn.gif

post #623 of 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


I think the problem is everyone has a different outlook on what's expensive, especially...especially with audio gear. Never in my right mind would I think of purchasing a $300 IEM when I first joined head-fi, I laughed with a budget of $50 at the time. Then...after a while I crept up to $100....$120.....$150 etc etc.. Now $300 doesn't seem so unreasonable. My point is we're all at different stages in this hobby and what's expensive to some may not be to others. regardless of their income.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss2625 View Post


well, things are mostly objective for cars vs bikes. top speed, accel, torque, etc.

not so for iems.

in a world where i can get a westone 4 for the same amount, it seems pricey for a vsonic, a company that is known for value.

 

My point is exactly what Putente stated in his last post. If you compare it to a Westone 4, $320 might sound expensive, but when you take into account that this IEM is meant to compete directly with the K3003, $320 sounds like a quite good value to me.

post #624 of 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post

 

 

Well, the W4 is a 4 BA IEM, so that's not a good comparision. It's better if you compare the V7007's 320USD pricetag to something on the market with the same hybrid technology, the AKG K3003, which is well above 1000 USD. But then again, the V7007 will have some (expected) fierce competition on that price range from other soon to be released triple hybrid IEMs, the full K3003 copy Astrotec AX9 and the south-korean T-PEOS H-200... popcorn.gif


you're right, its not a good comparison if factoring in tech.

however, if considering sound alone, im not sure the ferrari vs bike comparison is a better one

 

either way, i stand my case. i think its expensive for vsonic

post #625 of 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post


 

With that being said, I've always maintained that the K3003 was overpriced by quite a few hundred bucks, and the V7007 will undercut my acceptable price by about half as well, so that's exciting. I'm also looking forward to the GR07 aesthetic/QC refresh. They say that they're using a completely new set of injection molds; perhaps the bizarre 'Walkaudio' label will also be gone, too.

 

I'm quite happy with the form factor of the GR07. 

 

 

I can't wait for the V7007...I hate the name though.   Such a cheesy move by Vsonic.

post #626 of 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post
 ...the full K3003 copy Astrotec AX9 and the south-korean T-PEOS H-200... popcorn.gif

 

Well, they don't use the same OEM for the dynamic, the Astrotec cable will probably be better than the AKG(and not black), the housing is different, and the tuning of the armatures is proprietary on the AKG. Yes, they blew it using the exact internal schematic diagram but the AX9 is not a full copy. I see the three phones all have the same set up but are different enough. Not a B2/DBA-02 thing here. Though the T-PEOS is the most original of the bunch with less K3003 similarity than either the Vsonic or Astrotec. LOL, Astrotec lame with the schematic copying and Vsonic kinda lame with the 3003/7007 name association thing. 

post #627 of 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post

 

Well, they don't use the same OEM for the dynamic, the Astrotec cable will probably be better than the AKG(and not black), the housing is different, and the tuning of the armatures is proprietary on the AKG. Yes, they blew it using the exact internal schematic diagram but the AX9 is not a full copy. I see the three phones all have the same set up but are different enough. Not a B2/DBA-02 thing here. Though the T-PEOS is the most original of the bunch with less K3003 similarity than either the Vsonic or Astrotec. LOL, Astrotec lame with the schematic copying and Vsonic kinda lame with the 3003/7007 name association thing. 


Yeah, the name VSonic is using is too obvious though they probably thought it was 'clever.' That may fly with their domestic market, but westerners certainly don't see it that way. It's sort of like the Chinese-made 'Chery' automobiles with the obvious name rip.

post #628 of 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post

 

 

Well, the W4 is a 4 BA IEM, so that's not a good comparision. It's better if you compare the V7007's 320USD pricetag to something on the market with the same hybrid technology, the AKG K3003, which is well above 1000 USD. But then again, the V7007 will have some (expected) fierce competition on that price range from other soon to be released triple hybrid IEMs, the full K3003 copy Astrotec AX9 and the south-korean T-PEOS H-200... popcorn.gif

 

I have ask to you, putente.

Why you think H-200 is copying AKG K3003 ?

Did it used 2 BA and 1 Dynamic ?

If it so, all of IEMs are copying each others ?

What a funny idea ?

post #629 of 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael K View Post

I have ask to you, putente.
Why you think H-200 is copying AKG K3003 ?
Did it used 2 BA and 1 Dynamic ?
If it so, all of IEMs are copying each others ?
What a funny idea ?

I don't think putente was saying H-200 is a copy of K3003, he was directing his sentence towards the Astrotec AX9 being a copy, from what I gather.

That's just how I read the phrasing in western terms.
post #630 of 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


I don't think putente was saying H-200 is a copy of K3003, he was directing his sentence towards the Astrotec AX9 being a copy, from what I gather.
That's just how I read the phrasing in western terms.

 

Oh, If it so, I will apology to putente biggrin.gif

Thank you, H20Fidelity !

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC V7007 (former "GR08") - Info & expectations thread