Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › The Official Counter Strike GO Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Counter Strike GO Thread

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 

CS:GO is coming out soon... are you excited for some classic, unforgiving FPS action?  I for one can't wait!

 

csgo-logo-01.jpg

f-x6kj1z4e57aadc000cdc47.jpg

f-csgoaztecaction04e57ab07000cdc48.jpg

 

 

Do you think xbox 360 users will take to this like the PC and PS3 crowds using keyboard and mouse?  From my limited experience with CS it's kind of mandatory to have mouse/keyboard input... i'm not sure how the decreased accuracy will come into play online.  I just hope they keep any aim-assists off and keep the damage uber high.  I don't want to see this play like COD with run and gun, jump 360 quick scope bull s#%t.   That being said... I'll be playing on my xbox.

 

What do you guys think?  Anyone else excited for this?

post #2 of 24

I've had beta access for quite some time now and I'm really enjoying the game so far. Obviously, there's still a lot of bugs to be fixed but it's got great potential.

 

I was never into CS:S, so I stayed with 1.6. I don't think I'll feel the same way about CS:GO once it's goes live for real.

post #3 of 24
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staal View Post I don't think I'll feel the same way about CS:GO once it's goes live for real.


So it's good? lol  How does it "feel"... is it true to itself with the same damage levels and no aim-assist etc?  I miss that "feel" of being truly fragile and scared to get shot at bc when you get hit... you're dead!  Even with MW3 and BF3 can still take multiple rounds before going down.  I also really liked the non-cluttered maps of the older classic FPS shooters.

 

post #4 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staal View Post

I've had beta access for quite some time now and I'm really enjoying the game so far. Obviously, there's still a lot of bugs to be fixed but it's got great potential.

I was never into CS:S, so I stayed with 1.6. I don't think I'll feel the same way about CS:GO once it's goes live for real.

Yeahvi was never a fan of source. I hope go builds on 1.6. I filled out he survey to get a beta Key but i guess they didn't like my answers. I will def give go a "go" though. More impressions please!
post #5 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Blind View Post


So it's good? lol  How does it "feel"... is it true to itself with the same damage levels and no aim-assist etc?  I miss that "feel" of being truly fragile and scared to get shot at bc when you get hit... you're dead!  Even with MW3 and BF3 can still take multiple rounds before going down.  I also really liked the non-cluttered maps of the older classic FPS shooters.

 



I actually think it's rather good. I didn't feel "non-fragile" in any of the CS games though. The main change I've noticed is the decreased size of the hitboxes compared to Source. I no longer feel like I'm getting headshots when I hit a guy's leg. Sure, the models are bigger than they were in 1.6 and probably somewhat similar to the ones in Source, but the hitboxes are way smaller, which makes for a better experience in my opinion. I've noticed how all the Source players are raving on in the chats about how messed up the recoil and aim is where as the 1.6 don't seem to be bothered.

 

Sadly, the non-cluttered maps are a dying breed. I find that the better the graphics get the harder it is to distinguish between scenery and enemy. Sure, that might be realistic, but it doesn't make for a great gaming experience imo. GO obviously has great graphics, but they try to compensate by adding fog making it easier to pinpoint enemies at a distance. They're changing the amount quite a bit from patch to patch, but I have a feeling it's going to work out great in the end.

 

Also, what I really like is that they've made a "competitive" version of Dust_2 without too many annoying objects and gimmicks. I never cared much for those and I'd much rather stay focused on pwning n00bs than admiring the detailed graphics of the surrounding buildings and such.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caracara08 View Post


Yeahvi was never a fan of source. I hope go builds on 1.6. I filled out he survey to get a beta Key but i guess they didn't like my answers. I will def give go a "go" though. More impressions please!

 

I believe the goal was to achieve the 1.6 feel with GO. I'm definitely feeling more at home than I ever did in Source. Now if they'd just release Aztec already I'd be one happy guy.

 

Hang in there, I believe they started giving out a lot of keys with the recent patches. Not many people we're playing when I first got mine, and playing bots isn't all that much fun. I was lucky enough to get invited by some friends who are all hardcore CS gamers.
 

 


Edited by Staal - 3/21/12 at 7:19am
post #6 of 24
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staal View PostSadly, the non-cluttered maps are a dying breed. I find that the better the graphics get the harder it is to distinguish between scenery and enemy. Sure, that might be realistic, but it doesn't make for a great gaming experience imo.

Thank you, exactly!!  Lol I'm all for realism... but there is a fine line... COD4 MW was just about at the threshold IMO.  MW3 makes my head hurt at times with the clutter and added detail etc.  Ok, sure boxes everywhere, litter, debris blowing in the wind and pitch black shadows are neat... but c'mon!  Haha my biggest annoyance in any of the new shooters is the blowing pieces of burnt paper or debris that you catch out of the corner of your eye in a tense moment and think are the enemy haha.

post #7 of 24
Thread Starter 

Now I might get flamed by the CS vets here but.... I really, really do wish they would implement iron sights with scopes/attachments etc!  It's hard for me personally going back to simple cross hairs now that modern FPS have adopted the (perfect, imo) "left trigger to shoulder the firearm and look down the sights" mechanic.  Anyone else feel that way?  Do you wish CS:GO had iron sights?

post #8 of 24

I'm actually not familiar with the phenomenon you're refering to, basically because I never cared for neither BF nor COD. However, I'm very pleased they did not alter the way sniper weapons work. Having been a CS AWP whore for many years, I'd hate to have to readjust redface.gif

post #9 of 24

I don't see how this isn't just a reskin of CS Source.

post #10 of 24

By that logic Source is just a reskin of 1.6

post #11 of 24

I don't wish CS:GO has iron sights. I don't really like FPS games with iron sights but that's the trend. I grew up with CS that's really a fast paced and unforgiving game. I can go around corners without slowing down and aiming my sights. I think iron sights will slow down the pace a little bit. Last time I tried the beta, the sniper rifle is a little bit different, but just the blur and shake when you're moving while zooming in the sniper.

 

Playing recent FPS games make me mistakenly clicking the RMB before shooting while playing CS. It gets worse when I'm using M4/USP... Oh God why did I put on the silencer...

post #12 of 24
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivantoar View Post

I don't wish CS:GO has iron sights. I don't really like FPS games with iron sights but that's the trend.

Hmm... to each his one I guess.  I think I must be biased because of personal experience with my real firearms.  I just cant get into trying to aim at something on screen with floating white cross hairs while my rifle is to the low right of my FOV pointing far to the left of my target... it's just wrong.  CS goes into correct sight picture with the sniper rifles... why not change it so everything else does?  It's an antiquated system and should be updated (IMHO).  I can't think of any recent FPS that still uses the old school cross hairs.  Hell, even some third person shooters now use iron sights!

post #13 of 24
I just want the real gun names
post #14 of 24

It wouldn't be CS if it had iron sights! I think CS:GO looks decent but i just wish they switched up the style more..... it looks the same thing as the original cs with a couple new weapons and updated graphics..... it deserves more than that. The console versions are going to be hilariously bad though.

post #15 of 24
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by furjim View Post

It wouldn't be CS if it had iron sights! I think CS:GO looks decent but i just wish they switched up the style more..... it looks the same thing as the original cs with a couple new weapons and updated graphics..... it deserves more than that. The console versions are going to be hilariously bad though.



I see what you're saying.  And it does deserve something more than another re-skin... it deserves iron sights and some attachment options wink.gif

 

Nothing crazy... just some more modernization and a touch of added realism.  Even if people will still be bunny hopping around corners with the deagle.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › The Official Counter Strike GO Thread