New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD558 cable - Page 2

post #16 of 34

Ordered the ebay adapter dsdragon83 got. It fits well, although a bit loose so when i pull my cable out, the adapter comes with it. Also the small gold ring on the 3.5mm end came loose when

I pull my headphones out. frown.gif

 

All in all I am very satisfied! Thanks for the tips guys!

 

 

post #17 of 34

So does the momentum cable fit?

post #18 of 34
It fits but you must use it without the locking mechanism the phone has for the factory cable. The microphone is very sensitive so when it rubs against your shirt or you breath close to it both you and your Xbox live friend will hear the sounds.
post #19 of 34
thanks

I found out today that the shorter cable with the smaller connector is available from sennheiser now. call them up and ask for the us5x8shortcable. it is $12.95.
post #20 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneotool View Post

thanks
I found out today that the shorter cable with the smaller connector is available from sennheiser now. call them up and ask for the us5x8shortcable. it is $12.95.

But that one doesn't have a microphone right?
post #21 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarti View Post

But that one doesn't have a microphone right?

no, no mic. I'll post a pic when it shows up.
post #22 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneotool View Post

no, no mic. I'll post a pic when it shows up.

Awesome, looking forward to see the pics.
post #23 of 34

from where can i order the momentum cable?? i can't find it in sennheiser website..

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarti View Post

Wanted to share this.
Apparently the cable from the Momentum fit an works with the Sennheiser HD's, I ordered this cable which come with the microphone and should be a direct fit.

Once I get it will post how it works.
post #24 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwarrior191 View Post

from where can i order the momentum cable?? i can't find it in sennheiser website..

I got this off eBay, the seller bought the headphones but didn't need the cable because he is an Android user.
post #25 of 34

i just quoted this from another thread.. basically another user tried using momentum's cable n it doesnt work.. :(


Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

 

 

No go.  The Momentum cable seems to fit in the HD598, but sound cuts in and out.  HD598 does not fit in Momentum, due to barrel being too large.  The actual plug appears to be the same size.  

 
post #26 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneotool View Post

thanks
I found out today that the shorter cable with the smaller connector is available from sennheiser now. call them up and ask for the us5x8shortcable. it is $12.95.


I got the cable in last night.  I have not had a chance to take a picture of it - but it is perfect.

 

It is the same type of cable as the stock cable, only it is about 4.5' long and it has a nice mini plug at the end.

post #27 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwarrior191 View Post

i just quoted this from another thread.. basically another user tried using momentum's cable n it doesnt work.. frown.gif
It works if you remove the locking ring off the headphone, it is tight when inserted and to remove it you need to pull hard. I got the cable and the HD558 and they work together beautifully.
post #28 of 34

i'm sorry, but which locking ring??

post #29 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwarrior191 View Post

i'm sorry, but which locking ring??

The one shown in this picture:

 

 

700


Edited by cmarti - 12/25/12 at 7:23am
post #30 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarti View Post

It fits but you must use it without the locking mechanism the phone has for the factory cable. The microphone is very sensitive so when it rubs against your shirt or you breath close to it both you and your Xbox live friend will hear the sounds.

 

The Momentum cable is much thinner than that of the HD598. Do the 598's sound any different with the Momentum cable?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home