Really? I was thinking of picking some up, but now I might go with a Beyerdyne offering, or maybe those new $700 shure cans. I dunno, how do you guys feel about the HD700's being made in Ireland.
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- I am looking for upper class gaming Headphones? Which one? I posted some ideas. Last post on Today at 8:46 am in Video Games Discussion
- Audio-GD NFB-11 or Audio-GD NFB-15 with Sennheiser HD700? Last post on 7/14/14 at 8:14am in Dedicated Source Components
- Comparison / Review : A tale of two Sennheisers – HD600 vs HD700 Last post on 8/21/14 at 5:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vinyl Flat Can Opener + AudioSource Amp-100 Last post on 7/2/14 at 3:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
WHAT!!! The HD700's are made in Ireland?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The HD800's were made in Germany, I thought ALL their reference cans would be. If memory serves all of Beyerdyne's Premiumline stuff is German made.
I just prefer products be made in the country that the company that makes them is based in. For example if I wanted a Toyota, I'd prefer one made in Japan to one made in the USA. I'm not the only one, look what happened to MB Quart.
Edited by BattleBrat - 3/19/12 at 3:31pm
And as to head injuries comment. Though not Irish I find your comment immensely offensive and have reported you to the mods. This is an international forum!
^ congrats on the 2K post there IAN.
If Sennheiser made the HD800's in Ireland I wouldn't even mention it, but they make the HD800s in Germany and the HD700's in Ireland, it is like the HD700's are not as prestigious.
Cheers mate! There is no rhyme nor reason to a global company. I remember once talking to a Sennheiser rep back in the UK. He actually confided that they had less QC recalls from their Irish Factory than they did from the German one.
I had some DT880's 250 ohm(?) I was not a fan, too hard to drive properly, Santacore had an amp that drove them well, but everything else was meh. I was interested in the DT990 Pro's.....
I'm not saying that something made in Ireland is bad, but when a German company makes a point of making a pair of headphones in Germany instead of wherever they usually make them, it says something about those headphones, and they aren't saying it with the HD700's, so perhaps the HD700's aren't anything special like the HD800's but more of an upgrade to the HD650's.
I'd be concerned about them containing unstable isotopes, but that's probably ignorant.
- WHAT!!! The HD700's are made in Ireland?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Can you guys help me choose between these headphones? 54 seconds ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TE-05 Japanese Price, Release Date Announced 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Classic Color 2014 Edition: Unboxing and first impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for a new Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Comparison: HD600, MA900, DT 150 and SRH840 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)