Really? I was thinking of picking some up, but now I might go with a Beyerdyne offering, or maybe those new $700 shure cans. I dunno, how do you guys feel about the HD700's being made in Ireland.
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WTT my Beyerdynamic T90 for your Sennheiser HD 700 Last post on 5/21/15 at 6:58am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD 700 amp Last post on 5/18/15 at 11:47am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best Amp for a Sennheiser HD700? Last post on 2/25/15 at 5:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD700 Amplifier Questions? Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:28pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [FS] Sennheiser HD700 Last post on 2/6/15 at 1:36pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
WHAT!!! The HD700's are made in Ireland?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The HD800's were made in Germany, I thought ALL their reference cans would be. If memory serves all of Beyerdyne's Premiumline stuff is German made.
I just prefer products be made in the country that the company that makes them is based in. For example if I wanted a Toyota, I'd prefer one made in Japan to one made in the USA. I'm not the only one, look what happened to MB Quart.
Edited by BattleBrat - 3/19/12 at 3:31pm
And as to head injuries comment. Though not Irish I find your comment immensely offensive and have reported you to the mods. This is an international forum!
^ congrats on the 2K post there IAN.
If Sennheiser made the HD800's in Ireland I wouldn't even mention it, but they make the HD800s in Germany and the HD700's in Ireland, it is like the HD700's are not as prestigious.
Cheers mate! There is no rhyme nor reason to a global company. I remember once talking to a Sennheiser rep back in the UK. He actually confided that they had less QC recalls from their Irish Factory than they did from the German one.
I had some DT880's 250 ohm(?) I was not a fan, too hard to drive properly, Santacore had an amp that drove them well, but everything else was meh. I was interested in the DT990 Pro's.....
I'm not saying that something made in Ireland is bad, but when a German company makes a point of making a pair of headphones in Germany instead of wherever they usually make them, it says something about those headphones, and they aren't saying it with the HD700's, so perhaps the HD700's aren't anything special like the HD800's but more of an upgrade to the HD650's.
I'd be concerned about them containing unstable isotopes, but that's probably ignorant.
- WHAT!!! The HD700's are made in Ireland?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Little Dot MK8SE / MK6 Super Mods 21 seconds ago
- › Hiii Head-Fiers! Glad to Join the Community! 32 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser G4ME Zero vs G4ME One vs HD 598 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › HE560, Ocharaku Kaede, UM Miracle, JH-3A, AK Angie universals 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK100ii 4 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Which headphones do you use for PC gaming? 7 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 8 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2