Really? I was thinking of picking some up, but now I might go with a Beyerdyne offering, or maybe those new $700 shure cans. I dunno, how do you guys feel about the HD700's being made in Ireland.
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best Amp for a Sennheiser HD700? Last post on 2/25/15 at 5:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD700 Amplifier Questions? Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:28pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [FS] Sennheiser HD700 Last post on 2/6/15 at 1:36pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- fidelio x2 vs grado r2i vs he400 vs others(hd650,hd600,t700) HELP!!!! Last post on 4/17/15 at 5:06am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- SRH1540 or HD700? Last post on 2/4/15 at 1:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
INTRODUCTION Altone250 U.S. Tour Being an Altone200 fan, I was quite excited to hear that T-PEOS was updating their IEM lineup with a new Altone series based on feedback received from the H300...
Intro (Kind of) The Westone W30 is one of several IEMs in Westone's newly revamped universal IEM collection, intended as a removable-cable replacement to the older W3. For those of you who are...
I picked these beautiful-looking babies on amazon few days ago when price dropped on amazon (used ones from amazon warehouse for $400), which was a bargain; compared to $300 price tag on HD650's....
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Exclusive sound, high quality patents "sandwich diaphragm" metal meets the technical.
WHAT!!! The HD700's are made in Ireland?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The HD800's were made in Germany, I thought ALL their reference cans would be. If memory serves all of Beyerdyne's Premiumline stuff is German made.
I just prefer products be made in the country that the company that makes them is based in. For example if I wanted a Toyota, I'd prefer one made in Japan to one made in the USA. I'm not the only one, look what happened to MB Quart.
Edited by BattleBrat - 3/19/12 at 3:31pm
And as to head injuries comment. Though not Irish I find your comment immensely offensive and have reported you to the mods. This is an international forum!
^ congrats on the 2K post there IAN.
If Sennheiser made the HD800's in Ireland I wouldn't even mention it, but they make the HD800s in Germany and the HD700's in Ireland, it is like the HD700's are not as prestigious.
Cheers mate! There is no rhyme nor reason to a global company. I remember once talking to a Sennheiser rep back in the UK. He actually confided that they had less QC recalls from their Irish Factory than they did from the German one.
I had some DT880's 250 ohm(?) I was not a fan, too hard to drive properly, Santacore had an amp that drove them well, but everything else was meh. I was interested in the DT990 Pro's.....
I'm not saying that something made in Ireland is bad, but when a German company makes a point of making a pair of headphones in Germany instead of wherever they usually make them, it says something about those headphones, and they aren't saying it with the HD700's, so perhaps the HD700's aren't anything special like the HD800's but more of an upgrade to the HD650's.
I'd be concerned about them containing unstable isotopes, but that's probably ignorant.
- WHAT!!! The HD700's are made in Ireland?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › "The Lab" 50 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 50 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Price dropped - Sennheiser HD580 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 4 minutes ago
- › Dubai Head-Fi Meet 8th May 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 4 minutes ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 8 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Altone250 by nmatheis
- › Westone W30 Triple Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones,... by C.C.S.
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by KopaZ
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2