Really? I was thinking of picking some up, but now I might go with a Beyerdyne offering, or maybe those new $700 shure cans. I dunno, how do you guys feel about the HD700's being made in Ireland.
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Need advice buying some audio equipment. Options are Hd 700 vs Beyerdynamic T1 vs Beyerdynamic t90 Last post on 10/25/14 at 5:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- gaming headphones recommendations please? Last post on 10/23/14 at 4:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Quest for the best Headphones – Review from RMAF CanJam Last post on 10/12/14 at 2:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What are the most comfortable headphones regardless of price and sound quality? Last post on 10/20/14 at 10:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for classic music Last post on 10/27/14 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
“You know, I’ve never owned any Schi….um, any of your products..” I was saying to Jason Stoddard in LA in March. Indeed, the last time I’d sampled anything from his company was years ago at a meet...
I am new to head-fi and this is my first ever review. Basically I joined head-fi to read people's expert opinions on different products, as I'm not an audiophile and do not know much about the...
Alessandro Music Series MS1i Black Walnut Cups $169 Big thanks to JoeDoe of Head-Fi as he performed the cup installation as well as the swapping out the headband. I paid a little more for mine...
Value: I got these for $207 and at twice the price they'd be a great buy. Sound: If the next sentence seems defensive, it's not. it's an assertion of the sound quality of the HD598s. I've been in...
I'll refrain from writing an extensive review this time, as everything important has already been shown and written down in the other reviews here on head-fi. I second those opinions and can...
WHAT!!! The HD700's are made in Ireland?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The HD800's were made in Germany, I thought ALL their reference cans would be. If memory serves all of Beyerdyne's Premiumline stuff is German made.
I just prefer products be made in the country that the company that makes them is based in. For example if I wanted a Toyota, I'd prefer one made in Japan to one made in the USA. I'm not the only one, look what happened to MB Quart.
Edited by BattleBrat - 3/19/12 at 3:31pm
And as to head injuries comment. Though not Irish I find your comment immensely offensive and have reported you to the mods. This is an international forum!
^ congrats on the 2K post there IAN.
If Sennheiser made the HD800's in Ireland I wouldn't even mention it, but they make the HD800s in Germany and the HD700's in Ireland, it is like the HD700's are not as prestigious.
Cheers mate! There is no rhyme nor reason to a global company. I remember once talking to a Sennheiser rep back in the UK. He actually confided that they had less QC recalls from their Irish Factory than they did from the German one.
I had some DT880's 250 ohm(?) I was not a fan, too hard to drive properly, Santacore had an amp that drove them well, but everything else was meh. I was interested in the DT990 Pro's.....
I'm not saying that something made in Ireland is bad, but when a German company makes a point of making a pair of headphones in Germany instead of wherever they usually make them, it says something about those headphones, and they aren't saying it with the HD700's, so perhaps the HD700's aren't anything special like the HD800's but more of an upgrade to the HD650's.
I'd be concerned about them containing unstable isotopes, but that's probably ignorant.
- WHAT!!! The HD700's are made in Ireland?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Comparisons: 23 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 20 seconds ago
- › Review: Ortofon e-Q7 and e-Q5 earphones 25 seconds ago
- › Problem with 1/4" adapter (AKG K702 Annie) 49 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Choosing between sound cards 2 minutes ago
- › Official NYC Metro Area "Headphonatics Anonymous" Fall Meet -... 4 minutes ago
- › Custom IEM Review: Hidition NT-6 Pro – Clear & Precise Fun 4 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by harshkamboj
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones by LMNproyect
- › ASUS Xonar Essence ST Headphone 7.1-Channel Audio Card for Audiophiles by Vartan
- › Wireless Stereo Headset by Bugattikid2012
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)