Really? I was thinking of picking some up, but now I might go with a Beyerdyne offering, or maybe those new $700 shure cans. I dunno, how do you guys feel about the HD700's being made in Ireland.
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on Yesterday at 10:41 pm in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Is there diminishing return when it comes to headphone quality? Last post on 12/7/13 at 5:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A good Amp/DAC for the HD 700 Last post on 12/4/13 at 2:10pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- A Lesson in Audiophilism - Saving Wallets: 15 minutes reading this will save you 15% or more Last post on 11/17/13 at 2:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Full sized Schiit amps - Channel imbalance? Last post on 11/13/13 at 3:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
i am giving this review after a month use, 30+ hours burning its still improving. at the first use found these a crap they were sounding low on my phone they are not that impact that i was looking...
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
WHAT!!! The HD700's are made in Ireland?post #1 of 203/19/12 at 3:01pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 203/19/12 at 3:03pmpost #3 of 203/19/12 at 3:06pmThread Starter
The HD800's were made in Germany, I thought ALL their reference cans would be. If memory serves all of Beyerdyne's Premiumline stuff is German made.post #4 of 203/19/12 at 3:09pmpost #5 of 203/19/12 at 3:12pmpost #6 of 203/19/12 at 3:20pmpost #7 of 203/19/12 at 3:29pmThread Starter
I just prefer products be made in the country that the company that makes them is based in. For example if I wanted a Toyota, I'd prefer one made in Japan to one made in the USA. I'm not the only one, look what happened to MB Quart.
Edited by BattleBrat - 3/19/12 at 3:31pmpost #8 of 203/19/12 at 3:32pmIreland has been making Sennheisers for many years including their reference 600 and 650 models. The very first Sennheisers I purchased many years ago were made there. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Sennheisers made in ireland, they meet the same standards of those made in Germany and Ireland being a part of the EU their workers are paid living wages and work in safe and comfortable environments!
And as to head injuries comment. Though not Irish I find your comment immensely offensive and have reported you to the mods. This is an international forum!post #9 of 203/19/12 at 3:34pmThread Starter
^ congrats on the 2K post there IAN.
If Sennheiser made the HD800's in Ireland I wouldn't even mention it, but they make the HD800s in Germany and the HD700's in Ireland, it is like the HD700's are not as prestigious.post #10 of 203/19/12 at 3:36pmpost #11 of 203/19/12 at 3:37pmQuote:
Cheers mate! There is no rhyme nor reason to a global company. I remember once talking to a Sennheiser rep back in the UK. He actually confided that they had less QC recalls from their Irish Factory than they did from the German one.post #12 of 203/19/12 at 3:41pmThread Starter
I had some DT880's 250 ohm(?) I was not a fan, too hard to drive properly, Santacore had an amp that drove them well, but everything else was meh. I was interested in the DT990 Pro's.....
I'm not saying that something made in Ireland is bad, but when a German company makes a point of making a pair of headphones in Germany instead of wherever they usually make them, it says something about those headphones, and they aren't saying it with the HD700's, so perhaps the HD700's aren't anything special like the HD800's but more of an upgrade to the HD650's.post #13 of 203/19/12 at 4:10pmpost #14 of 203/19/12 at 4:13pmpost #15 of 203/19/12 at 4:21pmQuote:
I'd be concerned about them containing unstable isotopes, but that's probably ignorant.
This thread is locked
- WHAT!!! The HD700's are made in Ireland?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 52 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800... 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - a review in progress: Factory visit pg 18. IMGS pg... 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade 5 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 5 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe