Which portable headphone has reference class/hi-fi sound quality? I'm planning to buy one ultimate portable headphone.
- productBeyerdynamic T5ptagged by nightmancometh, 1/13/15
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by nightmancometh, 1/13/15
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 1/13/15
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by nightmancometh, 1/13/15
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by nightmancometh, 1/13/15
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend Headphones for travel? Last post on 7/3/13 at 6:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Top of the range headphones for opera Last post on 1/16/13 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 3 portables compared: DT1350, Audio Technica ESW9 and V-Moda M80 Last post on 1/19/15 at 10:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 4/25/16 at 2:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for the best 'Office on-ear' Last post on 11/7/13 at 4:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/25/15
Intro I've been searching for a pair of headphones to use on commutes for years. I started with the Skullcandy Hesh in middle school which broke after several months. After that i came across...
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an unprecedented...
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Which portable headphone has reference class/hi-fi sound quality?post #1 of 303/19/12 at 9:58amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 303/19/12 at 3:30pm
beyerdynamic DT 1350 come as close as I have found.
They are pretty flat from 0 to 1kHz, sound amazing, and are very comfortable.
Here are the charts for them:post #3 of 303/20/12 at 2:01amThread Starterpost #4 of 303/20/12 at 2:18ampost #5 of 303/20/12 at 2:25amThread StarterQuote:
i have no budget limitation, need portability and great sound quality.post #6 of 303/20/12 at 2:30am
^^Yup, we need to know your budget. Assuming it's relatively unlimited, consider one of the flagship customs like the UM Miracles, the UERMs, the JH16s or the Westone Es5s. On the other hand, you could follow me in selling my customs and moving to flaship closed back headphones instead. The top two being the Ultrasone Edition 8s and the Beyerdynamic T5p. i eventually got the T5ps as I found they have the best soundstage in a portable setup that I have heard.post #7 of 303/20/12 at 3:18amThread Starterpost #8 of 303/20/12 at 3:34amNo matter how high end ur custom is you still cant match a good pair of headphone such as beyerdynamic T1 and t5p assuming they sound the same. Still a flagship custon iem wil be above many $3-400 headphone and some in the range of $400-600post #9 of 303/20/12 at 3:40amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by dyl1dyl
^^Yup, we need to know your budget. Assuming it's relatively unlimited, consider one of the flagship customs like the UM Miracles, the UERMs, the JH16s or the Westone Es5s. On the other hand, you could follow me in selling my customs and moving to flaship closed back headphones instead. The top two being the Ultrasone Edition 8s and the Beyerdynamic T5p. i eventually got the T5ps as I found they have the best soundstage in a portable setup that I have heard.
actually i'm not a big fan of IEM, it just makes me fell uncomfortable. I will stick with on ear or full sizepost #10 of 303/20/12 at 4:06ampost #11 of 303/20/12 at 1:08pm
The dt-1350 is far more neutral sounding than the M80. The M80 / V80 have a very noticeably increase in the bass which is really out of place on some tracks. So much so that it hurt my ear. I normally love the M80, but with adequate testing I heard too much bass.
The dt-1350 is smooth and really clear sounding. I would say it has a slight weakness in the mid range, but that is not to say it is not present. The mid range is just a bit laid back for some music, but this adds to the soundstage which is a plus for a sealed on-ear headphone.
dt-1350 hands down over the M80.post #12 of 303/21/12 at 6:17pmThread Starterpost #13 of 303/21/12 at 7:23pmpost #14 of 303/21/12 at 7:25pmpost #15 of 303/21/12 at 7:27pmQuote:
Well they sure are a lot more portable compared to other $1k+ headphones such as the PS1000 or the HD800 (and nevermind the Stax..). You don't need a massive amp, and it's closed backed.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which portable headphone has reference class/hi-fi sound quality?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 25 seconds ago
- › Funny comments from the forums. 27 seconds ago
- › Is 192 kHz better or worse sounding than 96 kHz? Benchmark Media... 59 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Choetech Qi Wireless Charging Stand Review by mark2410 5 minutes ago
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...