Which portable headphone has reference class/hi-fi sound quality? I'm planning to buy one ultimate portable headphone.
- productBeyerdynamic T5ptagged by nightmancometh, 1/13/15
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by nightmancometh, 1/13/15
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 1/13/15
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by nightmancometh, 1/13/15
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by nightmancometh, 1/13/15
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend Headphones for travel? Last post on 7/3/13 at 6:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Top of the range headphones for opera Last post on 1/16/13 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 3 portables compared: DT1350, Audio Technica ESW9 and V-Moda M80 Last post on 1/19/15 at 10:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 4/25/16 at 2:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for the best 'Office on-ear' Last post on 11/7/13 at 4:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/25/15
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Preamble: Before I begin with my review, I’d like to take the time to thank Jeongjae from DIGNIS for providing me with a sample of the LAETUS case for the Chord Electronics Mojo DAC-Amp...
Undoubtedly, one of the biggest influences on the audio market was the invention of the operational amplifiers. Compact and inexpensive (mostly) chips allowed to create small and well sounding...
The F7200 is a single balanced armature in ear moniter from the Japanese company Final. Final have been in business since 1974 and in my opinion make some retro looking IEM and full size...
The Denon AH C250 - it's like a pretty gold ring that doesn't fit every finger. Yes, it's good. Quite good. Yet the likability is highly dependant on what it's best at and what it...
Which portable headphone has reference class/hi-fi sound quality?post #1 of 303/19/12 at 9:58amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 303/19/12 at 3:30pm
beyerdynamic DT 1350 come as close as I have found.
They are pretty flat from 0 to 1kHz, sound amazing, and are very comfortable.
Here are the charts for them:post #3 of 303/20/12 at 2:01amThread Starterpost #4 of 303/20/12 at 2:18ampost #5 of 303/20/12 at 2:25amThread StarterQuote:
i have no budget limitation, need portability and great sound quality.post #6 of 303/20/12 at 2:30am
^^Yup, we need to know your budget. Assuming it's relatively unlimited, consider one of the flagship customs like the UM Miracles, the UERMs, the JH16s or the Westone Es5s. On the other hand, you could follow me in selling my customs and moving to flaship closed back headphones instead. The top two being the Ultrasone Edition 8s and the Beyerdynamic T5p. i eventually got the T5ps as I found they have the best soundstage in a portable setup that I have heard.post #7 of 303/20/12 at 3:18amThread Starterpost #8 of 303/20/12 at 3:34amNo matter how high end ur custom is you still cant match a good pair of headphone such as beyerdynamic T1 and t5p assuming they sound the same. Still a flagship custon iem wil be above many $3-400 headphone and some in the range of $400-600post #9 of 303/20/12 at 3:40amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by dyl1dyl
^^Yup, we need to know your budget. Assuming it's relatively unlimited, consider one of the flagship customs like the UM Miracles, the UERMs, the JH16s or the Westone Es5s. On the other hand, you could follow me in selling my customs and moving to flaship closed back headphones instead. The top two being the Ultrasone Edition 8s and the Beyerdynamic T5p. i eventually got the T5ps as I found they have the best soundstage in a portable setup that I have heard.
actually i'm not a big fan of IEM, it just makes me fell uncomfortable. I will stick with on ear or full sizepost #10 of 303/20/12 at 4:06ampost #11 of 303/20/12 at 1:08pm
The dt-1350 is far more neutral sounding than the M80. The M80 / V80 have a very noticeably increase in the bass which is really out of place on some tracks. So much so that it hurt my ear. I normally love the M80, but with adequate testing I heard too much bass.
The dt-1350 is smooth and really clear sounding. I would say it has a slight weakness in the mid range, but that is not to say it is not present. The mid range is just a bit laid back for some music, but this adds to the soundstage which is a plus for a sealed on-ear headphone.
dt-1350 hands down over the M80.post #12 of 303/21/12 at 6:17pmThread Starterpost #13 of 303/21/12 at 7:23pmpost #14 of 303/21/12 at 7:25pmpost #15 of 303/21/12 at 7:27pmQuote:
Well they sure are a lot more portable compared to other $1k+ headphones such as the PS1000 or the HD800 (and nevermind the Stax..). You don't need a massive amp, and it's closed backed.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which portable headphone has reference class/hi-fi sound quality?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 29 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 43 seconds ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 1 minute ago
- › R2R/multibit vs Delta-Sigma - Is There A Measurable Scientific... 1 minute ago
- › The earphone game just got a lot more SIRIUS. The new five driver... 2 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 3 minutes ago
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...