Which portable headphone has reference class/hi-fi sound quality? I'm planning to buy one ultimate portable headphone.
- productBeyerdynamic T5ptagged by nightmancometh, 1/13/15
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by nightmancometh, 1/13/15
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 1/13/15
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by nightmancometh, 1/13/15
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by nightmancometh, 1/13/15
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend Headphones for travel? Last post on 7/3/13 at 6:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Top of the range headphones for opera Last post on 1/16/13 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 3 portables compared: DT1350, Audio Technica ESW9 and V-Moda M80 Last post on 1/19/15 at 10:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for the best 'Office on-ear' Last post on 11/7/13 at 4:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 3/10/15
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Dont let these tiny guys disappoint you by looks. Plug them in and you wont believe your ears. These are that good, It sounds like large over ear headphones. I have owned many earbuds like...
Which portable headphone has reference class/hi-fi sound quality?post #1 of 303/19/12 at 9:58amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 303/19/12 at 3:30pm
beyerdynamic DT 1350 come as close as I have found.
They are pretty flat from 0 to 1kHz, sound amazing, and are very comfortable.
Here are the charts for them:post #3 of 303/20/12 at 2:01amThread Starterpost #4 of 303/20/12 at 2:18ampost #5 of 303/20/12 at 2:25amThread StarterQuote:
i have no budget limitation, need portability and great sound quality.post #6 of 303/20/12 at 2:30am
^^Yup, we need to know your budget. Assuming it's relatively unlimited, consider one of the flagship customs like the UM Miracles, the UERMs, the JH16s or the Westone Es5s. On the other hand, you could follow me in selling my customs and moving to flaship closed back headphones instead. The top two being the Ultrasone Edition 8s and the Beyerdynamic T5p. i eventually got the T5ps as I found they have the best soundstage in a portable setup that I have heard.post #7 of 303/20/12 at 3:18amThread Starterpost #8 of 303/20/12 at 3:34amNo matter how high end ur custom is you still cant match a good pair of headphone such as beyerdynamic T1 and t5p assuming they sound the same. Still a flagship custon iem wil be above many $3-400 headphone and some in the range of $400-600post #9 of 303/20/12 at 3:40amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by dyl1dyl
^^Yup, we need to know your budget. Assuming it's relatively unlimited, consider one of the flagship customs like the UM Miracles, the UERMs, the JH16s or the Westone Es5s. On the other hand, you could follow me in selling my customs and moving to flaship closed back headphones instead. The top two being the Ultrasone Edition 8s and the Beyerdynamic T5p. i eventually got the T5ps as I found they have the best soundstage in a portable setup that I have heard.
actually i'm not a big fan of IEM, it just makes me fell uncomfortable. I will stick with on ear or full sizepost #10 of 303/20/12 at 4:06ampost #11 of 303/20/12 at 1:08pm
The dt-1350 is far more neutral sounding than the M80. The M80 / V80 have a very noticeably increase in the bass which is really out of place on some tracks. So much so that it hurt my ear. I normally love the M80, but with adequate testing I heard too much bass.
The dt-1350 is smooth and really clear sounding. I would say it has a slight weakness in the mid range, but that is not to say it is not present. The mid range is just a bit laid back for some music, but this adds to the soundstage which is a plus for a sealed on-ear headphone.
dt-1350 hands down over the M80.post #12 of 303/21/12 at 6:17pmThread Starterpost #13 of 303/21/12 at 7:23pmpost #14 of 303/21/12 at 7:25pmpost #15 of 303/21/12 at 7:27pmQuote:
Well they sure are a lot more portable compared to other $1k+ headphones such as the PS1000 or the HD800 (and nevermind the Stax..). You don't need a massive amp, and it's closed backed.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which portable headphone has reference class/hi-fi sound quality?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Chord Hugo 14 seconds ago
- › HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity -... 18 seconds ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 42 seconds ago
- › stax SRD-7 adapter capacitor replacement question? noob question 43 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › New Audio Technica Woodies: ATH-W1000Z announced 2 minutes ago
- › Marshall Mode EQ, a very underrated set 2 minutes ago
- › RHA T20: in-ear headphone featuring DualCoil™ driver technology. 4 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 4 minutes ago
- › Luxury & Precision L5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player with... 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Courageousbo
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2