Which portable headphone has reference class/hi-fi sound quality? I'm planning to buy one ultimate portable headphone.
- productBeyerdynamic T5ptagged by nightmancometh, 1/13/15
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by nightmancometh, 1/13/15
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 1/13/15
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by nightmancometh, 1/13/15
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by nightmancometh, 1/13/15
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend Headphones for travel? Last post on 7/3/13 at 6:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Top of the range headphones for opera Last post on 1/16/13 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 3 portables compared: DT1350, Audio Technica ESW9 and V-Moda M80 Last post on 1/19/15 at 10:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 4/25/16 at 2:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for the best 'Office on-ear' Last post on 11/7/13 at 4:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/25/15
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION Firstly I'd like to acknowledge Head-fier Ajaxander (Andy) and also Ken Ball from...
I bought these (at £150) expecting much but was shocked by how far they fell short of even competency. They are very uncomfortable, badly designed and the sound is really nothing special. Whatever...
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
Which portable headphone has reference class/hi-fi sound quality?post #1 of 303/19/12 at 9:58amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 303/19/12 at 3:30pm
beyerdynamic DT 1350 come as close as I have found.
They are pretty flat from 0 to 1kHz, sound amazing, and are very comfortable.
Here are the charts for them:post #3 of 303/20/12 at 2:01amThread Starterpost #4 of 303/20/12 at 2:18ampost #5 of 303/20/12 at 2:25amThread StarterQuote:
i have no budget limitation, need portability and great sound quality.post #6 of 303/20/12 at 2:30am
^^Yup, we need to know your budget. Assuming it's relatively unlimited, consider one of the flagship customs like the UM Miracles, the UERMs, the JH16s or the Westone Es5s. On the other hand, you could follow me in selling my customs and moving to flaship closed back headphones instead. The top two being the Ultrasone Edition 8s and the Beyerdynamic T5p. i eventually got the T5ps as I found they have the best soundstage in a portable setup that I have heard.post #7 of 303/20/12 at 3:18amThread Starterpost #8 of 303/20/12 at 3:34amNo matter how high end ur custom is you still cant match a good pair of headphone such as beyerdynamic T1 and t5p assuming they sound the same. Still a flagship custon iem wil be above many $3-400 headphone and some in the range of $400-600post #9 of 303/20/12 at 3:40amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by dyl1dyl
^^Yup, we need to know your budget. Assuming it's relatively unlimited, consider one of the flagship customs like the UM Miracles, the UERMs, the JH16s or the Westone Es5s. On the other hand, you could follow me in selling my customs and moving to flaship closed back headphones instead. The top two being the Ultrasone Edition 8s and the Beyerdynamic T5p. i eventually got the T5ps as I found they have the best soundstage in a portable setup that I have heard.
actually i'm not a big fan of IEM, it just makes me fell uncomfortable. I will stick with on ear or full sizepost #10 of 303/20/12 at 4:06ampost #11 of 303/20/12 at 1:08pm
The dt-1350 is far more neutral sounding than the M80. The M80 / V80 have a very noticeably increase in the bass which is really out of place on some tracks. So much so that it hurt my ear. I normally love the M80, but with adequate testing I heard too much bass.
The dt-1350 is smooth and really clear sounding. I would say it has a slight weakness in the mid range, but that is not to say it is not present. The mid range is just a bit laid back for some music, but this adds to the soundstage which is a plus for a sealed on-ear headphone.
dt-1350 hands down over the M80.post #12 of 303/21/12 at 6:17pmThread Starterpost #13 of 303/21/12 at 7:23pmpost #14 of 303/21/12 at 7:25pmpost #15 of 303/21/12 at 7:27pmQuote:
Well they sure are a lot more portable compared to other $1k+ headphones such as the PS1000 or the HD800 (and nevermind the Stax..). You don't need a massive amp, and it's closed backed.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which portable headphone has reference class/hi-fi sound quality?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA 1 minute ago
- › Samsung Note 7 - just around the corner , audiophile phone? 1 minute ago
- › Questyle QP1 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 7 minutes ago
- › Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth Headphone Reviews Wanted---Bluetooth... 7 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 8 minutes ago
- › Meze 12 Classics review tour - worldwide reviewers wanted! 8 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 10 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 11 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...