Which portable headphone has reference class/hi-fi sound quality? I'm planning to buy one ultimate portable headphone.
- productBeyerdynamic T5ptagged by nightmancometh, 1/13/15
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by nightmancometh, 1/13/15
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 1/13/15
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by nightmancometh, 1/13/15
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by nightmancometh, 1/13/15
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend Headphones for travel? Last post on 7/3/13 at 6:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Top of the range headphones for opera Last post on 1/16/13 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 3 portables compared: DT1350, Audio Technica ESW9 and V-Moda M80 Last post on 1/19/15 at 10:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for the best 'Office on-ear' Last post on 11/7/13 at 4:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 3/10/15
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
TTPOD T1E Review Background Be using me Fiio X3 for this review ......fosho' this purple jet pack is one sexy lookin' IEM .....housing is big but could be a problem for some with the...
The PM3 is Oppo's 3rd headphone offering, a closed back planar magnetic. Thank you to @Jiffy Squid and Oppo for allowing us Head-fiers to audition these at the comfort of our own home and time,...
How much more can we possibly hear? At some point audio, and personal audio by default, becomes a continual series of efforts to throw oneself over the walls of the physical world. We try...
Before reading below, please check out my video review of the Focal XS 2.1 Satellites on YouTube. Please also support the channel by liking the video and sharing it with your friends! A sub won't...
Which portable headphone has reference class/hi-fi sound quality?post #1 of 303/19/12 at 9:58amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 303/19/12 at 3:30pm
beyerdynamic DT 1350 come as close as I have found.
They are pretty flat from 0 to 1kHz, sound amazing, and are very comfortable.
Here are the charts for them:post #3 of 303/20/12 at 2:01amThread Starterpost #4 of 303/20/12 at 2:18ampost #5 of 303/20/12 at 2:25amThread StarterQuote:
i have no budget limitation, need portability and great sound quality.post #6 of 303/20/12 at 2:30am
^^Yup, we need to know your budget. Assuming it's relatively unlimited, consider one of the flagship customs like the UM Miracles, the UERMs, the JH16s or the Westone Es5s. On the other hand, you could follow me in selling my customs and moving to flaship closed back headphones instead. The top two being the Ultrasone Edition 8s and the Beyerdynamic T5p. i eventually got the T5ps as I found they have the best soundstage in a portable setup that I have heard.post #7 of 303/20/12 at 3:18amThread Starterpost #8 of 303/20/12 at 3:34amNo matter how high end ur custom is you still cant match a good pair of headphone such as beyerdynamic T1 and t5p assuming they sound the same. Still a flagship custon iem wil be above many $3-400 headphone and some in the range of $400-600post #9 of 303/20/12 at 3:40amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by dyl1dyl
^^Yup, we need to know your budget. Assuming it's relatively unlimited, consider one of the flagship customs like the UM Miracles, the UERMs, the JH16s or the Westone Es5s. On the other hand, you could follow me in selling my customs and moving to flaship closed back headphones instead. The top two being the Ultrasone Edition 8s and the Beyerdynamic T5p. i eventually got the T5ps as I found they have the best soundstage in a portable setup that I have heard.
actually i'm not a big fan of IEM, it just makes me fell uncomfortable. I will stick with on ear or full sizepost #10 of 303/20/12 at 4:06ampost #11 of 303/20/12 at 1:08pm
The dt-1350 is far more neutral sounding than the M80. The M80 / V80 have a very noticeably increase in the bass which is really out of place on some tracks. So much so that it hurt my ear. I normally love the M80, but with adequate testing I heard too much bass.
The dt-1350 is smooth and really clear sounding. I would say it has a slight weakness in the mid range, but that is not to say it is not present. The mid range is just a bit laid back for some music, but this adds to the soundstage which is a plus for a sealed on-ear headphone.
dt-1350 hands down over the M80.post #12 of 303/21/12 at 6:17pmThread Starterpost #13 of 303/21/12 at 7:23pmpost #14 of 303/21/12 at 7:25pmpost #15 of 303/21/12 at 7:27pmQuote:
Well they sure are a lot more portable compared to other $1k+ headphones such as the PS1000 or the HD800 (and nevermind the Stax..). You don't need a massive amp, and it's closed backed.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which portable headphone has reference class/hi-fi sound quality?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 14 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Nuforce HA-200: High performance, Single Ended, Class-A Headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Help me chose closed over the ear headphones in between 100-200$ 7 minutes ago
- › difference between t51i and t51p 11 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 12 minutes ago
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by whitemass
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2