Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › ** Hisoundaudio Studio V Class A Portable Dap ** - Review with HD Images
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Hisoundaudio Studio V Class A Portable Dap ** - Review with HD Images - Page 4

post #46 of 126

Thanks man! so how to proper untag the art? I can only do it through itunes. any link?

 

MP3TAG works fine?


Edited by tupac0306 - 7/10/12 at 2:09pm
post #47 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

Thanks man! so how to proper untag the art? I can only do it through itunes. any link?

 

MP3TAG works fine?


Here you go. Follow these directions and it should work. You may want to make an extra copy of the files you intend to put on your Studio V just in case you make a mistake so you can easily go back to the drawing board :).

 

Step 1: Download Mp3tag

 

Step 2: Go into Tool/Options. Under Tags you have Mpeg and Ape, Mpc... You want to make sure Read is check marked for both Mpeg and Ape. For "Write" make sure only ID3v1 is checked (for both Mpeg and Ape). Under "Remove" check ID3v2 and APE. If you have APE files it is recommended not to use them as those files work slow on the Studio V. Convert them over to FLAC instead. Then select Ok to apply changes in options.

 

Step 3: Drag and drop your files you wish to apply this to. I recommend doing this from your Hard drive if you wanna save time as the changes can be applied much faster this way. Then again reloading your Studio V and SD card could take the same amount of time. It's really only a 1 time process thing so it's not a big deal. Anyways once you've dragged and dropped the files you wish to apply these changes to, highlight all the files or click on the "Filename" area and then press Ctrl + A. Now Select Remove tags or that big X just below "Edit" (top left corner area of Mp3tag). Once all tags have been removed simply click "undo Changes" located next to "Remove tags". This will restore all your tags on the fly except for v3.2 tags. To be on the safe side you can also select "Save" to ensure these changes stay. This is located to the left of "Remove tags".

 

Step 4: I also recommend cleaning up your tags. If you have junk such as "Comment", "Composer", "Disc number", and "embedded album art" this will all contribute to slowing down your device. I'll tell you how to remove all this on the fly. Again press Ctrl + A to hilight all your files. Then under Comment/Composer/Disc number select <blank> for them all. Once you've completed this now right click on the album art area (located below disc number). Select "Remove Cover". Now all you have to do now is Select "Save" and it will apply all these changes for you (just make sure all your files are constantly hilighted when doing all the above directions in order to apply them).

 

Problem should be solved and your player should be rather responsive on start up. Mine takes roughly 16 seconds (correction) to load from the SD card and on-board. I did a countdown myself and it's 16 seconds for my unit (20 seconds if you start the countdown from when you first power the unit on). Enjoy folks! :)


Edited by lee730 - 7/10/12 at 5:37pm
post #48 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Here you go. Follow these directions and it should work. You may want to make an extra copy of the files you intend to put on your Studio V just in case you make a mistake so you can easily go back to the drawing board :).

 

Step 1: Download Mp3tag

 

Step 2: Go into Tool/Options. Under Tags you have Mpeg and Ape, Mpc... You want to make sure Read is check marked for both Mpeg and Ape. For "Write" make sure only ID3v1 is checked (for both Mpeg and Ape). Under "Remove" check ID3v2 and APE. If you have APE files it is recommended not to use them as those files work slow on the Studio V. Convert them over to FLAC instead. Then select Ok to apply changes in options.

 

Step 3: Drag and drop your files you wish to apply this to. I recommend doing this from your Hard drive if you wanna save time as the changes can be applied much faster this way. Then again reloading your Studio V and SD card could take the same amount of time. It's really only a 1 time process thing so it's not a big deal. Anyways once you've dragged and dropped the files you wish to apply these changes to, highlight all the files or click on the "Filename" area and then press Ctrl + A. Now Select Remove tags or that big X just below "Edit" (top left corner area of Mp3tag). Once all tags have been removed simply click "undo Changes" located next to "Remove tags". This will restore all your tags on the fly except for v3.2 tags. To be on the safe side you can also select "Save" to ensure these changes stay. This is located to the left of "Remove tags".

 

Step 4: I also recommend cleaning up your tags. If you have junk such as "Comment", "Composer", "Disc number", and "embedded album art" this will all contribute to slowing down your device. I'll tell you how to remove all this on the fly. Again press Ctrl + A to hilight all your files. Then under Comment/Composer/Disc number select <blank> for them all. Once you've completed this now right click on the album art area (located below disc number). Select "Remove Cover". Now all you have to do now is Select "Save" and it will apply all these changes for you (just make sure all your files are constantly hilighted when doing all the above directions in order to apply them).

 

Problem should be solved and your player should be rather responsive on start up. Mine takes roughly 16 seconds (correction) to load from the SD card and on-board. I did a countdown myself and it's 16 seconds for my unit (20 seconds if you start the countdown from when you first power the unit on). Enjoy folks! :)

 Wow cheers lee. will definitely try that! hope this works;)

post #49 of 126

If it works for me it will work for you ;).
 

post #50 of 126

might be a weird question but how to these work with full sized headphones.every review ive seen has been with IEMs.

post #51 of 126

When I had my Denons they drove them quite well. The Audiotechnica W3000ANVs are also driven quite well. Although when it comes to synergy there is more to be desired with these headphones. I don't recommend pairing the Studio V with a bright headphone as the Studio V is bright as is.
 

post #52 of 126

Studio has the power needed for full size headphones, unless of course, massive voltage is necessary for some headphones. Works great with my 600Ω DT880, but that is an easy-to-drive headphone. Haven't heard it with the K701 yet, but it seems fine with the HD600.

post #53 of 126

If it can power the HD600 or 650 then it must be good...
 

post #54 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post

Studio has the power needed for full size headphones, unless of course, massive voltage is necessary for some headphones. Works great with my 600Ω DT880, but that is an easy-to-drive headphone. Haven't heard it with the K701 yet, but it seems fine with the HD600.

sorry to go off topic I've read that you were planning to do a video review for the the verzoamp, I was wondering if are still planning to do that. Thanks. 


Edited by audionewbi - 7/11/12 at 5:50am
post #55 of 126

I was going to do it of just the National VS Porta tube, but I've decided to add Vorzüge, Continental V2 to the mix and the video has gotten longer than I expected. I've not edited a video since 2009, and really before that, in 2006-7, so I am nervous. I am sorry, very sorry this is late. I am sort of a perfectionist (doesn't show in my reviews or my dress, I know), so making a video is very difficult for me as I will hate it and probably drag its production out too long, despite the fact that it is bound to suck. 

 

Still, I will do my best.

post #56 of 126

The HD600 isn't actually that difficult to 'drive' as such. It doesn't have difficult fluctuations in impedance for modern amps or even receivers. Years ago, when everything was made for 120Ω, the HD600 most definitely needed an amp as its impedance will fluctuate below 120Ω and cause frequency anomalies. However, that is virtually moot today. What may happen is that a player/amp on the portable market may not have enough current to supply at the right voltage and you may get some distortion, but usually at those volumes, you are possibly listening too loud anyway. 

 

Whether you like the sound of a portable amp (usually flat, bright, and reasonably uncoloured, with little to no distortion) is up to you, but if you are listening at safe volumes, the HD600 shouldn't need an amp. The Studio V will bring the HD600 up to unsafe volumes with almost no distortion, and the Studio will also perform better technically with the HD600 than it will with an IEM simply because the HD600 puts less strain on its rather high Ω output.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

If it can power the HD600 or 650 then it must be good...
 

post #57 of 126

For anyone in the UK who's interested; I've just got one of these from Hisoundaudio's official eBay shop (yes - it actually is them - I checked before buying).

 

It took just over a week to arrive as it was sent from China but it's definitely been worth the wait. Their UK rep kept me informed of progress (shipping dates etc) and provided the tracking reference so I could keep tabs online. 

 

I'll not say much more other than to agree with everything that's written in this review (which is what sold it to me) particularly:

 

- the sound quality is excellent - much better than my iPhone 4 or any of the other (Cowon, Creative, Samsung etc) MP3 players I've owned before. 

 

- they can comfortably drive full-size headphones as well as IEM's - I run a pair of Goldring NS-1000's (check them out on What Hi-fi) on mine and previously had to use a Fiio E7 with my iPhone to get any decent volume on them. Not any more!

 

- the UI is actually really easy to get used to - took me about 5 minutes to suss it out and (typically) I didn't look at the instructions.

 

If you've got any questions about it then feel free to ask.

post #58 of 126
Mister M: what iems have you tried with the unit? how much hiss is there?
post #59 of 126

Hi jpgr,

 

I've used a pair of Ultimate Ears Super-fi Pro 5's - there is hiss in the background but it's genuinely very quiet and barely noticeable on the 'Dynamic' sound setting (which is the default setting on the player). I've been using it a lot more today with a range of different music genres and it's only in the gaps between tracks or very quiet bits of music that you'll notice - and even then, only if you've got it cranked up. 

post #60 of 126

Mister M: thanks for the reply
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › ** Hisoundaudio Studio V Class A Portable Dap ** - Review with HD Images