- 2,220 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: The O.K. Corral
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- HD380's for ATH-M50's or HD598's for HD580 Last post on 6/10/13 at 4:45pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Already own Sennheiser HD215 and HD380 Pro. Looking at HD598 and HD600. Help! Last post on 1/28/13 at 3:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser hd380 pro or hd555 or hd595 or audio technicia ath m50s LE Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for the buck Last post on 9/18/12 at 2:58am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Sennheiser HD 380 Pro cable options - Page 3post #31 of 4612/1/12 at 7:05amThat plug looks like it will fit. Most 2.5 mm to 3.5mm cables will fit but will need to have some rubber shaved off near the prong to go in all the way on the 3.5mm side. The cable in the pic there looks like it needs no shaving similar to the senny hd210 cable in my pics earlier in this thread. That being said i have never tried it.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 461/8/13 at 8:44am
I've tried various ways to straighten up the cable, including keeping the cable in boiling water and straightening it, baking the cable in oven, it will never fully straighten. I'd suggest you don't even try. Waste of time and a cable, that you might use sometime in the future (because the cable itself is quite good, the idea to use it for the headphones and don't give an alternative isn't).
So after some battling I made the cable myself using 4mm cord, some japanese mini-jack plug (not sure about the brand), a spiral recycled from old cheap chinese jack plug, and the default micro-jack plug that's attached to headphones, I somehow managed to hide all the soldering inside of the part that's attached to headphones, made sure the cord won't be easily wrested out (using heat shrink tubing and some glue), and here it is.
The cable is about 1.20m long.
The headphones sound great, and look quite well imho.
Good luck with your cables. ;)
Edited by bziur - 1/8/13 at 8:51ampost #33 of 463/19/13 at 7:41am
They claim to be the "official" Sennheiser parts place and they have the coiled cord replacement.post #34 of 463/20/13 at 3:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Mumlan
P5 HEADPHONES ACCESSORIES ZZ25453 P5 BLACK STANDARD AUDIO CABLE $17.38 P5 HEADPHONES ACCESSORIES ZZ26441 P5 IVORY MFI REMOTE CABLE $22.78 P5 HEADPHONES ACCESSORIES ZZ26468 P5 IVORY STANDARD AUDIO CABLE $9.20 P5 HEADPHONES ACCESSORIES ZZ26611 ZZ25844 P5 BLACK MFI REMOTE CABLE $24.25
MFI = the cable with inline iPhone/iPod remote and microphone.
Standard = the clean straight cable.
The only difference between these cables is the very small remote/mic, they have the same length and thickness.
anyone knows where to get this in europe?
or a similar light replacement without microphony? (1.5m would be perfect)post #35 of 463/21/13 at 3:00ampost #36 of 464/5/13 at 4:57ampost #37 of 464/6/13 at 10:41ampost #38 of 464/7/13 at 11:59pmpost #39 of 464/23/13 at 3:29amI have the HD280 and the HD380 with the coiled cable. I thought it was cumbersome and a little annoying until I bought the ATH-M50s (straight cable). The M50 cable is about 3m long and is a massive overkill for day to day use. My solution was to plait it. Which brings it down to about 1.2m but it is now heavier and not as pliable. I wish I bought them with the coiled cable now. Never mind, my HD380s are better anyway.post #40 of 464/23/13 at 11:23am
Yeah, its better to cut it shorter and terminate the cable with a new plug. You can turn the leftover into an extension cable with a female connector or use to make a new, shorter cable for other headphone(s).post #41 of 468/13/13 at 4:18am
I've had my HD 380's for 3 years now and the comfort and sound are perfect, but because of the cable i keep finding myself wasting money on other headphones and cables.
For awhile i used a 2.5 to 3.5mm converter jack from ebay and a spare Dre Beats cable, this worked fine but i really want something that just one cable.
So can anyone confirm if the HD 518 cable works?
This is the one im looking at on ebay but im not sure if the 2.5mm part will fit, it looks slim but as its metal i wont be able to trim the size down like you can with rubber cables.
Thankspost #42 of 468/18/13 at 6:39pmpost #43 of 4611/19/13 at 4:57amHere's a good option for a replacement cable for the HD 380 Pro. Good build quality, not too heavy, braided, different lengths available, sounds good, not at all expensive. It comes from China but didn't take long and the seller is very friendly and helpful.
Check it out: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261255113290post #44 of 4611/25/13 at 11:03pmpost #45 of 461/21/14 at 7:10am
Actually, I ordered that Chinese cable from eBay and also found that it works great with the 380 HDs with no modifications. After you remove the original cable, there's a long channel for the plug—the replacement cable's plug slides straight in at right angles to the headphones.
Also I can confirm everything Stuee says: lightweight, well made, arrived in the US 10 days after I ordered.
And the Sennheisers are much more comfortable without that big heavy cable weighing them down.Return Home
- Sennheiser HD 380 Pro cable options
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 13 seconds ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions / Appreciation Thread (It's... 1 minute ago
- › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 3 minutes ago
- › Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The "IEMs That Significantly Perform BELOW Their Price Point" Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › Jazz Recommendations from this Century 8 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude