- 2,220 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: The O.K. Corral
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- HD380's for ATH-M50's or HD598's for HD580 Last post on 6/10/13 at 4:45pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Already own Sennheiser HD215 and HD380 Pro. Looking at HD598 and HD600. Help! Last post on 1/28/13 at 3:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser hd380 pro or hd555 or hd595 or audio technicia ath m50s LE Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for the buck Last post on 9/18/12 at 2:58am in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
- Hi End Cables
Sennheiser HD 380 Pro cable options - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've tried various ways to straighten up the cable, including keeping the cable in boiling water and straightening it, baking the cable in oven, it will never fully straighten. I'd suggest you don't even try. Waste of time and a cable, that you might use sometime in the future (because the cable itself is quite good, the idea to use it for the headphones and don't give an alternative isn't).
So after some battling I made the cable myself using 4mm cord, some japanese mini-jack plug (not sure about the brand), a spiral recycled from old cheap chinese jack plug, and the default micro-jack plug that's attached to headphones, I somehow managed to hide all the soldering inside of the part that's attached to headphones, made sure the cord won't be easily wrested out (using heat shrink tubing and some glue), and here it is.
The cable is about 1.20m long.
The headphones sound great, and look quite well imho.
Good luck with your cables. ;)
Edited by bziur - 1/8/13 at 8:51am
They claim to be the "official" Sennheiser parts place and they have the coiled cord replacement.
|P5 HEADPHONES||ACCESSORIES||ZZ25453||P5 BLACK STANDARD AUDIO CABLE||$17.38|
|P5 HEADPHONES||ACCESSORIES||ZZ26441||P5 IVORY MFI REMOTE CABLE||$22.78|
|P5 HEADPHONES||ACCESSORIES||ZZ26468||P5 IVORY STANDARD AUDIO CABLE||$9.20|
|P5 HEADPHONES||ACCESSORIES||ZZ26611||ZZ25844||P5 BLACK MFI REMOTE CABLE||$24.25|
MFI = the cable with inline iPhone/iPod remote and microphone.
Standard = the clean straight cable.
The only difference between these cables is the very small remote/mic, they have the same length and thickness.
anyone knows where to get this in europe?
or a similar light replacement without microphony? (1.5m would be perfect)
Yeah, its better to cut it shorter and terminate the cable with a new plug. You can turn the leftover into an extension cable with a female connector or use to make a new, shorter cable for other headphone(s).
I've had my HD 380's for 3 years now and the comfort and sound are perfect, but because of the cable i keep finding myself wasting money on other headphones and cables.
For awhile i used a 2.5 to 3.5mm converter jack from ebay and a spare Dre Beats cable, this worked fine but i really want something that just one cable.
So can anyone confirm if the HD 518 cable works?
This is the one im looking at on ebay but im not sure if the 2.5mm part will fit, it looks slim but as its metal i wont be able to trim the size down like you can with rubber cables.
Check it out: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261255113290
Actually, I ordered that Chinese cable from eBay and also found that it works great with the 380 HDs with no modifications. After you remove the original cable, there's a long channel for the plug—the replacement cable's plug slides straight in at right angles to the headphones.
Also I can confirm everything Stuee says: lightweight, well made, arrived in the US 10 days after I ordered.
And the Sennheisers are much more comfortable without that big heavy cable weighing them down.
- Sennheiser HD 380 Pro cable options
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 40 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sub $100 UE-700 IEM replacement 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 5 minutes ago
- › NEED HELP OVER-EAR OPEN HEADPHONERS FOR HEAVY METAL ( GRADO... 5 minutes ago
- › Various Headphones - AKG K340, Sennheiser HD580 and Grado SR-80 6 minutes ago
- › ATH-M50x alternative with more bass but equal quality 6 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)