- 2,220 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: The O.K. Corral
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HD380's for ATH-M50's or HD598's for HD580 Last post on 6/10/13 at 4:45pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Already own Sennheiser HD215 and HD380 Pro. Looking at HD598 and HD600. Help! Last post on 1/28/13 at 3:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser hd380 pro or hd555 or hd595 or audio technicia ath m50s LE Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for the buck Last post on 9/18/12 at 2:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 8/24/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Sennheiser HD 380 Pro cable options - Page 3post #31 of 5912/1/12 at 7:05amThat plug looks like it will fit. Most 2.5 mm to 3.5mm cables will fit but will need to have some rubber shaved off near the prong to go in all the way on the 3.5mm side. The cable in the pic there looks like it needs no shaving similar to the senny hd210 cable in my pics earlier in this thread. That being said i have never tried it.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 591/8/13 at 8:44am
I've tried various ways to straighten up the cable, including keeping the cable in boiling water and straightening it, baking the cable in oven, it will never fully straighten. I'd suggest you don't even try. Waste of time and a cable, that you might use sometime in the future (because the cable itself is quite good, the idea to use it for the headphones and don't give an alternative isn't).
So after some battling I made the cable myself using 4mm cord, some japanese mini-jack plug (not sure about the brand), a spiral recycled from old cheap chinese jack plug, and the default micro-jack plug that's attached to headphones, I somehow managed to hide all the soldering inside of the part that's attached to headphones, made sure the cord won't be easily wrested out (using heat shrink tubing and some glue), and here it is.
The cable is about 1.20m long.
The headphones sound great, and look quite well imho.
Good luck with your cables. ;)
Edited by bziur - 1/8/13 at 8:51ampost #33 of 593/19/13 at 7:41am
They claim to be the "official" Sennheiser parts place and they have the coiled cord replacement.post #34 of 593/20/13 at 3:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Mumlan
P5 HEADPHONES ACCESSORIES ZZ25453 P5 BLACK STANDARD AUDIO CABLE $17.38 P5 HEADPHONES ACCESSORIES ZZ26441 P5 IVORY MFI REMOTE CABLE $22.78 P5 HEADPHONES ACCESSORIES ZZ26468 P5 IVORY STANDARD AUDIO CABLE $9.20 P5 HEADPHONES ACCESSORIES ZZ26611 ZZ25844 P5 BLACK MFI REMOTE CABLE $24.25
MFI = the cable with inline iPhone/iPod remote and microphone.
Standard = the clean straight cable.
The only difference between these cables is the very small remote/mic, they have the same length and thickness.
anyone knows where to get this in europe?
or a similar light replacement without microphony? (1.5m would be perfect)post #35 of 593/21/13 at 3:00ampost #36 of 594/5/13 at 4:57ampost #37 of 594/6/13 at 10:41ampost #38 of 594/7/13 at 11:59pmpost #39 of 594/23/13 at 3:29amI have the HD280 and the HD380 with the coiled cable. I thought it was cumbersome and a little annoying until I bought the ATH-M50s (straight cable). The M50 cable is about 3m long and is a massive overkill for day to day use. My solution was to plait it. Which brings it down to about 1.2m but it is now heavier and not as pliable. I wish I bought them with the coiled cable now. Never mind, my HD380s are better anyway.post #40 of 594/23/13 at 11:23am
Yeah, its better to cut it shorter and terminate the cable with a new plug. You can turn the leftover into an extension cable with a female connector or use to make a new, shorter cable for other headphone(s).post #41 of 598/13/13 at 4:18am
I've had my HD 380's for 3 years now and the comfort and sound are perfect, but because of the cable i keep finding myself wasting money on other headphones and cables.
For awhile i used a 2.5 to 3.5mm converter jack from ebay and a spare Dre Beats cable, this worked fine but i really want something that just one cable.
So can anyone confirm if the HD 518 cable works?
This is the one im looking at on ebay but im not sure if the 2.5mm part will fit, it looks slim but as its metal i wont be able to trim the size down like you can with rubber cables.
Thankspost #42 of 598/18/13 at 6:39pmpost #43 of 5911/19/13 at 4:57amHere's a good option for a replacement cable for the HD 380 Pro. Good build quality, not too heavy, braided, different lengths available, sounds good, not at all expensive. It comes from China but didn't take long and the seller is very friendly and helpful.
Check it out: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261255113290post #44 of 5911/25/13 at 11:03pmpost #45 of 591/21/14 at 7:10am
Actually, I ordered that Chinese cable from eBay and also found that it works great with the 380 HDs with no modifications. After you remove the original cable, there's a long channel for the plug—the replacement cable's plug slides straight in at right angles to the headphones.
Also I can confirm everything Stuee says: lightweight, well made, arrived in the US 10 days after I ordered.
And the Sennheisers are much more comfortable without that big heavy cable weighing them down.Return Home
- Sennheiser HD 380 Pro cable options
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › JVC Victor HP-DX1000 10 seconds ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 14 seconds ago
- › Question about downsampling audio files 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot +I with extra tubes and Op Amps! Perfect condition 1 minute ago
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 1 minute ago
- › [NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7) 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Calyx PaT - The $99 Pocket Sized DAC/Amp for iOS, Android and... 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2