Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Universals Modded with Recable or Removable Cables! ***Sony MH1 Recable added! (Fischer Audio DBA-02, Brainwavz B2, UM3X, Sleek Audio)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Universals Modded with Recable or Removable Cables! ***Sony MH1 Recable added! (Fischer Audio... - Page 4

post #46 of 65
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by delladood View Post

I hate to bring up a necro thread. But I need to make myself a removable cable for my Baldur I just purchased for my DIY Custom IEM.  How were you able to make the female plug in for the cable???  The two little connectors are so small.

Brian actually was able to source westone compatible pins and sockets. You can purchase Shure pins and sockets on eBay. I was never able to find the westone compatible pins and sockets.
post #47 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by delladood View Post

I hate to bring up a necro thread. But I need to make myself a removable cable for my Baldur I just purchased for my DIY Custom IEM.  How were you able to make the female plug in for the cable???  The two little connectors are so small.

Brian actually was able to source westone compatible pins and sockets. You can purchase Shure pins and sockets on eBay. I was never able to find the westone compatible pins and sockets.

Yeah you totally inspired me! haha.  I am going to do shure removable cables with the top baldur cable.  I'm not familiar with how MMCX works.  Do both wires from the driver get soldered on to the single solder point?

post #48 of 65
Thread Starter 
That I don't know. I've been meaning to teach myself to make my own cables but just have never made time for it. You could probably get a quick answer in the DIY forums.
post #49 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post


Brian actually was able to source westone compatible pins and sockets. You can purchase Shure pins and sockets on eBay. I was never able to find the westone compatible pins and sockets.

You can get westone compatiable pins here: http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=1981

 

Says there for TF10 etc, but there for UE custom / westone etc as the pins are too wide for the TF's

post #50 of 65
Question about Westone cables: is there a correct orientation for the plug in the socket? Seems to fit the same either way, and sound quality doesn't change for these old ears. That is surprising since full-size speakers need to maintain polarity left versus right.
post #51 of 65

Great job on the removable cables. I've been looking at possible headphone upgrades, but want removable cables, so this gives even more options if a mod can be done biggrin.gif

post #52 of 65

Brian just got done installing removable sockets on my Silver Bullets.. fantastic work:

 

Silver%20bullet.jpg

post #53 of 65

Really? No one else trys to Mod their IEM's? I really don't want this to just be about me. :/

 

I've got some more pictures of other headphones, if someone wants to post them since I can't.

post #54 of 65

Any one else get their B2 or DBA-02 modded recently?  I've been thinking about it but I am really not sure what cable to buy to replace the stock one.

 
 

Edited by faithguy19 - 8/16/12 at 12:07pm
post #55 of 65
I'm loving the Westone EPICS MIC cable on my DBA-02's:

http://westonemusicproducts.com/music/index.php/products/epic-mics-cable.html

Brian adapted a Shure cable with Westone connectors for me, but that managed to reduce the bass somehow - not a good thing to happen with DBA's! He makes very nice custom cables, but doesn't do the mic/remote thing. Also, the Westone built-in ear wires are pretty nice and not obtrusive at all.
Edited by dfrost - 8/16/12 at 4:03pm
post #56 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrost View Post

I'm loving the Westone EPICS MIC cable on my DBA-02's:
http://westonemusicproducts.com/music/index.php/products/epic-mics-cable.html
Brian adapted a Shure cable with Westone connectors for me, but that managed to reduce the bass somehow - not a good thing to happen with DBA's! He makes very nice custom cables, but doesn't do the mic/remote thing. Also, the Westone built-in ear wires are pretty nice and not obtrusive at all.

 

Lol, I'm still not sure why the modded shure cable even did that. Luckily I don't splice anymore and Westone Epic Mic cables work great. I've been recommending them to all of my customers should they want more functionality than the Sunrise CIEM cable audio only cable.

post #57 of 65

Anyone had a shure530 modded by brian recently? The work looks great, he`d would have made a fortune a few years ago with the 530`s.  

post #58 of 65
Thread Starter 

I thought I'd share my review of the BTG-Audio Sunrise Cable here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/628220/the-sunrise-cable-from-btg-audio-for-ciems-review

post #59 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithguy19 View Post
 

Any one else get their B2 or DBA-02 modded recently?  I've been thinking about it but I am really not sure what cable to buy to replace the stock one.

 
 


Did you ever figure this out?

post #60 of 65
I would go with a good quality copper one to try and eek out a little more bass.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Universals Modded with Recable or Removable Cables! ***Sony MH1 Recable added! (Fischer Audio DBA-02, Brainwavz B2, UM3X, Sleek Audio)