- 247 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Location: Southern California Desert
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/2/12
- productAudio-gd Reference-10tagged by System, 5/27/12
- productAudio-gd Reference 5tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productAudio-gd Reference 8tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productAudio-gd Reference 9tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productAudio-gd Reference Onetagged by System, 2/28/13
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryDedicated Source Componentstagged by System, 5/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Audio-gd Reference 7.1 vs Violectric v800 Last post on 9/4/12 at 7:38am in Dedicated Source Components
- Audio-GD Reference 5.2 (New Balanced 4x PCM1704UK DAC) Last post on 7/5/16 at 12:25pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Differences between Audio-gd "Reference 5.32" and "SA-1.32"? Last post on 10/23/12 at 11:47pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Audio-GD Reference 5.32 vs NFB17.32 Last post on 12/6/13 at 6:00am in Dedicated Source Components
- IC: Audio-gd Reference 1 (OPT + COAX) Last post on 7/8/14 at 10:37am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
Greetings Head-fi! Today we'll be checking out a micro-driver that's been, for the most part, well-received around the forums. Their small size, low price, and sonic performance have made them a...
Equipment to compare. iFi iDSD Black Label AMP/DAC (returned) Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Gen Headphones (returned) Meridian Explorer 2 AMP/DAC (returned) Beyerdynamic A20 Amp (returned) HiFiMan X...
RHA CL1 – initial impressions Reid Heath Audio are a Scotland-based manufacturer who will be familiar to iFans, with their T10i and T20i all-metal IEMs being prominently displayed in Apple...
Why I love iFi and their products iFi have been known, reputably for their amazing amplifiers and DAC. Ranging from Nano to Micro to Retro and the most recent addition, the Pro line, iFi have an...
Build/Accessories: The Earsonics SM3 is a triple balanced armature IEM, with one driver for the lows, one for the mids, and one for the treble region. the shell is clear acryllic on the...
Audio-Gd Reference 10 - Page 12post #166 of 41810/31/12 at 9:59amI think the emotiva will be a nice transport. It will also be on sale around the holidays.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #167 of 41810/31/12 at 11:02amQuote:
I had a cheap TEAC (CD-650), which worked well but lasted less than a year. I would like to get something that I know will last.
It seems that every CD and DVD player that I have bought (less than $200) doesn't last that long.
They are becoming a commodity and at those prices there is little if no support and costs (in many cases, including shipping) more to repair them.
That is why I was looking at something that was better made and more importantly had some decent customer support. Maybe I could find a good player (used) on Audiogon and save money as well.
Thanks very much for the response.Quote:
A few great things about Emotiva is that they make quality products for less money and they have great customer support. I have two of their amps as well as their DAC (XDA-1). While I am not super happy with their DAC as a pre-amp (see previous post) and looking to replace it with the Audio-gd Ref 10, I do think their ERC-2 would make a nice transport.
Maybe they will announce the ERC-3 and lower the price even further. If I can get it under $400 during the holidays, I think this would be my first pick.
Emotiva gear is like a Honda. It runs well, it is well built, there is great support, and you can sell them when you need to. There is a fairly big cult following.
Thanks for your response and suggestion.
Looks like the Audio-gd Ref 10 is going to be my X-mas gift to myself this year.post #168 of 41810/31/12 at 4:56pmpost #169 of 41810/31/12 at 6:44pm
Good choice. The Ref 10.32 is my fourth head amp and third DAC from Audio gd and so far the most impressive for my tastes. Also because the PMK1704 chip is limited I think King-wa's DACs with them will retain a strong resale value on down the road.post #170 of 41811/1/12 at 12:04pmpost #171 of 41811/1/12 at 6:52pm
I'm sure they're both active simultaneously. I don't have a ref-10 but I have many other AGD products and in the ones that I have the RCA's and the XLR's are shorted together so it's the same signal going to both so it's the same as just using a y-adapter.
post #172 of 41811/2/12 at 1:07am
I use a pioneer DVD player with spdif on the ref 10 but the sound isn't very good. My computer on USB (foobar with KS) sounds far better. I didn't try better transports yet but I think I can make an improvement here.
I used my previous DAC, NFB10SE balanced (XLR) to my speakers and the cinch output to a crossover for the subwoofer at the same time. It worked well so I gues you can use them at the same time. I suppose there will be a little influence on the sound quality but I didn't check it.
Tinipost #173 of 41811/14/12 at 6:50pmpost #174 of 41811/14/12 at 11:11pmpost #175 of 41811/14/12 at 11:59pm
Hi all, I am wondering how this would be with my HE-6? I asked in the "what amps can drive the HE-6" thread however basically no response there. Seems strange that this brand has next to no presence in that thread, considering Audio-GD have several units that look capable of driving the HE-6 well. Is anyone able to shed some light on this pairing for me?post #176 of 41811/15/12 at 7:32ampost #177 of 41811/15/12 at 8:43pmpost #178 of 41811/17/12 at 1:55pmpost #179 of 41811/18/12 at 7:17pm
- Audio-Gd Reference 10
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 40 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio E18 3 minutes ago
- › Liquid Gold - 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 4 minutes ago
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 6 minutes ago
- › Corrupt a wish 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear