Has anyone tried the valhala with the Beyer T1's? i am looking for a quality tube amp under $600 and am considering it and the Woo WA3. Any help would be awesome.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 8/10/12 at 10:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
i bought it this buletooth headphone 1 week ago. when i received it, i found it's very weightless, i think it's about half an ounce weight. about the performace, it can play 7 hours or more, the...
Introduction – Westone separate their universal range of iems into two categories, the consumer W series and the more professionally orientated UM Pro series that were designed for use during live...
First of all, I would like to thank Dimitri Trush, CEO of the MusicaAcoustics for providing me review sample of Oriolus in exchange of my honest opinion. Oriolus’ official website:...
These are easily the best headphones I have. They are a strange set in that they have a nice flat neutral sound signature that gives great detailed mids and highs, but have great sub and mid bass,...
First of all I would like to thank the team at www.hifiheadphones.co.uk for the review sample I had the opportunity to test out and to write a bit about it. This is a good sounding music player...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 49post #721 of 1193111/18/12 at 2:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #722 of 1193111/18/12 at 3:31pmThread Starterpost #723 of 1193111/18/12 at 6:54pmQuote:
I have and I own both. Valhalla drives T1's pretty good but it lacks a bit punch in the bass. Overall I would recommend it though. Very good value for the price.post #724 of 1193111/18/12 at 7:02pmQuote:Quote:
Not that you asked, but the Lyr would likely be better with the 600 Ohm Beyer T1s.post #725 of 1193111/18/12 at 7:45pmQuote:
I own Lyr too and T1 sounds spectacular with it. Much more detailed and the bass got a good impact. Not that the Valhalla is bad for T1's, but Lyr drives them much better.post #726 of 1193111/18/12 at 9:08pmpost #727 of 1193111/19/12 at 5:27am
So I've been mostly lurking (It's research!) for a while and I'm trying to find some opinions on how noticeable to upgrade from the Pure I20 to the Bifrost would be. So far I've only found one reference and I'm looking for more opinions. Right now I'm:
32gb Touch with mostly 320VBR AAC's>Pure i20 as Transport/DAC>Valhalla>HD650's
I'm looking to go to:
32gb Touch with mostly 320VBR AAC's>Pure i20 as Transport>Bifrost>Valhalla>HD650's
And I'm just looking for opinions on that. Do I need to be using ALAC/FLAC files to benefit from the Bifrost, as it is I can't tell the difference between my 320VBR AAC's and some stuff I ripped (same song) as ALAC.
So far I'm really happy with my setup, after years of UE SF5Pro's and a few months with TH10's this is my first around the ear setup. Most songs sound great, some sound unreal (bach cello & the Wild Things soundtrack were both Holy $h!t moments)
Danpost #728 of 1193111/19/12 at 6:08amThread Starter
I can hear the difference between 256 kbs and ALAC files. I've never encoded in 320 kbs, so I can't comment. With the cost of hard drives being lower now than ever, space is never really an issue. There's really no reason to encoded lossless anymore because if you want to fill up a portable player, you can reduce the bitrate on the fly while filling it.
post #729 of 1193111/19/12 at 6:39am
I guess partly I was trying to describe my listening level, I don't know what metal ears I have, I just know they aren't Golden. So given the fact that I can't hear the difference between 320AAC and ALAC, will I hear the difference between the Pure I20 DAC and the Bifrost? I have found almost nothing in my searches comparing the two. I don't want to spend another $350 just so my setup will look cooler, though it certainly would...
320 also pretty much fills my 32gb touch. ALAC would cut what I have on there to 1/3 the current level (roughly based on the couple of ALAC CD's I've ripped). My music setup location does not lend itself to a laptop and harddrive just yet. Maybe someday I won't care about how much space I use...
post #730 of 1193111/19/12 at 7:03amThread Starter
If your ears can't tell the difference, then that's all that matters. The DAC in the i20 is actually pretty good. It is a step up from the iPod's built in DAC, and not too far behind the V-DAC II. The i20 and V-DAC II are pretty similar in soundstage and detail, but the V-DAC is more refined and smooth.
post #731 of 1193111/19/12 at 7:55am
I'm a huge proponent of storing in FLAC or ALAC purely because you never know how encoders are going to change in the future. Look at how much LAME has changed over the past 5 years, for example. With lossless storage you can always encode again when lossy formats change.post #732 of 1193111/19/12 at 7:55ampost #733 of 1193111/19/12 at 8:35amThread Starter
I would not consider an external DAC if you were using lossy formats; DACs maximize their performance with lossless tracks. Putting premium gasoline in a Honda Accord does not make it Ferrari.post #734 of 1193111/19/12 at 8:46am
Then maybe I'll just stop and enjoy for a while. Consider the system done until I can tell the difference between ALAC and 320 VBR AAC... It does sound awfully good as it is...
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Help Required with my MUSIC SETUP MESS!! 2 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 17 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 55 seconds ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 1 minute ago
- › QLS QA360: Another DSD-capable DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 5 minutes ago
- › ATH-IM02 + Spare OCC Cable 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 10 minutes ago
- › Fitear TG334! 10 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 10 minutes ago
- › Hunter Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Sports 4.1 Bluetooth Headset... by Shobin Wang
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Wired 3.5MM Headphones Earphones, Ghostek® Turbine Series Wired... by Cinder
- › Cleer DU High-Definition Dual Driver Headphone by moedawg140
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...