Has anyone tried the valhala with the Beyer T1's? i am looking for a quality tube amp under $600 and am considering it and the Woo WA3. Any help would be awesome.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 3/12/13 at 2:41pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on Yesterday at 3:58 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/12/13 at 4:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)
Edited on 5/14/13
- Diy Beginners GuideEdited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
The Logitech Z-2300 were a decent pair of speakers. A few friend had them and I was enthused when they played them. Also they were made at a time where it's said that fitting the most quality...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a comparison review of the AD900X, AD1000X and MA900...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube review of the Sony XBA-1. If you like the video, please check out my channel for more reviews Summary BUILD The XBA-1 is...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the XB900. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The XB800...
Along with the summary below, I have a review thread comparing the TMA-1 Studio with the Sony MDR-1R, Z1000, Sennheiser Momentum, Logitech UE 6000 and Audio Technica M50...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 49post #721 of 213811/18/12 at 2:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #722 of 213811/18/12 at 3:31pmThread Starterpost #723 of 213811/18/12 at 6:54pmQuote:
I have and I own both. Valhalla drives T1's pretty good but it lacks a bit punch in the bass. Overall I would recommend it though. Very good value for the price.post #724 of 213811/18/12 at 7:02pmQuote:Quote:
Not that you asked, but the Lyr would likely be better with the 600 Ohm Beyer T1s.post #725 of 213811/18/12 at 7:45pmQuote:
I own Lyr too and T1 sounds spectacular with it. Much more detailed and the bass got a good impact. Not that the Valhalla is bad for T1's, but Lyr drives them much better.post #726 of 213811/18/12 at 9:08pmpost #727 of 213811/19/12 at 5:27am
So I've been mostly lurking (It's research!) for a while and I'm trying to find some opinions on how noticeable to upgrade from the Pure I20 to the Bifrost would be. So far I've only found one reference and I'm looking for more opinions. Right now I'm:
32gb Touch with mostly 320VBR AAC's>Pure i20 as Transport/DAC>Valhalla>HD650's
I'm looking to go to:
32gb Touch with mostly 320VBR AAC's>Pure i20 as Transport>Bifrost>Valhalla>HD650's
And I'm just looking for opinions on that. Do I need to be using ALAC/FLAC files to benefit from the Bifrost, as it is I can't tell the difference between my 320VBR AAC's and some stuff I ripped (same song) as ALAC.
So far I'm really happy with my setup, after years of UE SF5Pro's and a few months with TH10's this is my first around the ear setup. Most songs sound great, some sound unreal (bach cello & the Wild Things soundtrack were both Holy $h!t moments)
Danpost #728 of 213811/19/12 at 6:08amThread Starter
I can hear the difference between 256 kbs and ALAC files. I've never encoded in 320 kbs, so I can't comment. With the cost of hard drives being lower now than ever, space is never really an issue. There's really no reason to encoded lossless anymore because if you want to fill up a portable player, you can reduce the bitrate on the fly while filling it.
post #729 of 213811/19/12 at 6:39am
I guess partly I was trying to describe my listening level, I don't know what metal ears I have, I just know they aren't Golden. So given the fact that I can't hear the difference between 320AAC and ALAC, will I hear the difference between the Pure I20 DAC and the Bifrost? I have found almost nothing in my searches comparing the two. I don't want to spend another $350 just so my setup will look cooler, though it certainly would...
320 also pretty much fills my 32gb touch. ALAC would cut what I have on there to 1/3 the current level (roughly based on the couple of ALAC CD's I've ripped). My music setup location does not lend itself to a laptop and harddrive just yet. Maybe someday I won't care about how much space I use...
post #730 of 213811/19/12 at 7:03amThread Starter
If your ears can't tell the difference, then that's all that matters. The DAC in the i20 is actually pretty good. It is a step up from the iPod's built in DAC, and not too far behind the V-DAC II. The i20 and V-DAC II are pretty similar in soundstage and detail, but the V-DAC is more refined and smooth.
post #731 of 213811/19/12 at 7:55am
I'm a huge proponent of storing in FLAC or ALAC purely because you never know how encoders are going to change in the future. Look at how much LAME has changed over the past 5 years, for example. With lossless storage you can always encode again when lossy formats change.post #732 of 213811/19/12 at 7:55ampost #733 of 213811/19/12 at 8:35amThread Starter
I would not consider an external DAC if you were using lossy formats; DACs maximize their performance with lossless tracks. Putting premium gasoline in a Honda Accord does not make it Ferrari.post #734 of 213811/19/12 at 8:46am
Then maybe I'll just stop and enjoy for a while. Consider the system done until I can tell the difference between ALAC and 320 VBR AAC... It does sound awfully good as it is...
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/17/13.... 1 minute ago
- › tera player with affordable IEM 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE400 2 minutes ago
- › Portable Amp/DAC with balanced output 3 minutes ago
- › Can over the ear headphones change the shape of my ears? 4 minutes ago
- › HELP ME DECIDE PLEASE! 4 minutes ago
- › PRESS RELEASE: KEF Launches M Series Hi-Fidelity Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 thread 5 minutes ago
- › Meier Audio Daccord 5 minutes ago
- › Logitech Speaker System Z623 by D3Seeker
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-1 Balanced Armature Headphones-1 Driver by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-XB900 | EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by a_recording
- › AIAIAI TMA-1 Studio Headphones by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-7550 In-Ear Monitors (IEM) by a_recording
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-1R by a_recording
- › Sennheiser Momentum by a_recording
- › Soundmagic HP200 by Quadpatch
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe