Has anyone tried the valhala with the Beyer T1's? i am looking for a quality tube amp under $600 and am considering it and the Woo WA3. Any help would be awesome.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 5/24/12More
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 4/13/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
I bought these from the limited selection available at an Apple Store, as I was heading on a trip the next day and needed some new IEMs for the plane ride. I read some reviews and noticed a lot of...
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure E4Cs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 49post #721 of 1026911/18/12 at 2:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #722 of 1026911/18/12 at 3:31pmThread Starterpost #723 of 1026911/18/12 at 6:54pmQuote:
I have and I own both. Valhalla drives T1's pretty good but it lacks a bit punch in the bass. Overall I would recommend it though. Very good value for the price.post #724 of 1026911/18/12 at 7:02pmQuote:Quote:
Not that you asked, but the Lyr would likely be better with the 600 Ohm Beyer T1s.post #725 of 1026911/18/12 at 7:45pmQuote:
I own Lyr too and T1 sounds spectacular with it. Much more detailed and the bass got a good impact. Not that the Valhalla is bad for T1's, but Lyr drives them much better.post #726 of 1026911/18/12 at 9:08pmpost #727 of 1026911/19/12 at 5:27am
So I've been mostly lurking (It's research!) for a while and I'm trying to find some opinions on how noticeable to upgrade from the Pure I20 to the Bifrost would be. So far I've only found one reference and I'm looking for more opinions. Right now I'm:
32gb Touch with mostly 320VBR AAC's>Pure i20 as Transport/DAC>Valhalla>HD650's
I'm looking to go to:
32gb Touch with mostly 320VBR AAC's>Pure i20 as Transport>Bifrost>Valhalla>HD650's
And I'm just looking for opinions on that. Do I need to be using ALAC/FLAC files to benefit from the Bifrost, as it is I can't tell the difference between my 320VBR AAC's and some stuff I ripped (same song) as ALAC.
So far I'm really happy with my setup, after years of UE SF5Pro's and a few months with TH10's this is my first around the ear setup. Most songs sound great, some sound unreal (bach cello & the Wild Things soundtrack were both Holy $h!t moments)
Danpost #728 of 1026911/19/12 at 6:08amThread Starter
I can hear the difference between 256 kbs and ALAC files. I've never encoded in 320 kbs, so I can't comment. With the cost of hard drives being lower now than ever, space is never really an issue. There's really no reason to encoded lossless anymore because if you want to fill up a portable player, you can reduce the bitrate on the fly while filling it.
post #729 of 1026911/19/12 at 6:39am
I guess partly I was trying to describe my listening level, I don't know what metal ears I have, I just know they aren't Golden. So given the fact that I can't hear the difference between 320AAC and ALAC, will I hear the difference between the Pure I20 DAC and the Bifrost? I have found almost nothing in my searches comparing the two. I don't want to spend another $350 just so my setup will look cooler, though it certainly would...
320 also pretty much fills my 32gb touch. ALAC would cut what I have on there to 1/3 the current level (roughly based on the couple of ALAC CD's I've ripped). My music setup location does not lend itself to a laptop and harddrive just yet. Maybe someday I won't care about how much space I use...
post #730 of 1026911/19/12 at 7:03amThread Starter
If your ears can't tell the difference, then that's all that matters. The DAC in the i20 is actually pretty good. It is a step up from the iPod's built in DAC, and not too far behind the V-DAC II. The i20 and V-DAC II are pretty similar in soundstage and detail, but the V-DAC is more refined and smooth.
post #731 of 1026911/19/12 at 7:55am
I'm a huge proponent of storing in FLAC or ALAC purely because you never know how encoders are going to change in the future. Look at how much LAME has changed over the past 5 years, for example. With lossless storage you can always encode again when lossy formats change.post #732 of 1026911/19/12 at 7:55ampost #733 of 1026911/19/12 at 8:35amThread Starter
I would not consider an external DAC if you were using lossy formats; DACs maximize their performance with lossless tracks. Putting premium gasoline in a Honda Accord does not make it Ferrari.post #734 of 1026911/19/12 at 8:46am
Then maybe I'll just stop and enjoy for a while. Consider the system done until I can tell the difference between ALAC and 320 VBR AAC... It does sound awfully good as it is...
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Three Word Story 21 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 33 seconds ago
- › Classifying versions of the RS1: Your Guide (Work in Progress) 1 minute ago
- › Velour/Felt Pads for ATH-M50? 2 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Grado 325i Owners Club. 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2