- 11,467 Posts. Joined 11/2009
- Location: in my head
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 5/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 48post #706 of 482211/16/12 at 3:49pmI have the original Vlink, and the V192. The former is just okay, the latter is fantastic. I haven't listened to the Vlink II.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #707 of 482211/16/12 at 6:53pm
Question, is it safe to turn on the Lyr first and then plug in headphones? And then when I want to turn it off, unplug the headphones first?
Is this the best way to operate?post #708 of 482211/16/12 at 6:55pmQuote:
That's common safe practice.post #709 of 482211/16/12 at 10:15pmQuote:
This is the recommended practice.
To be perfectly honest, however, I sometimes forget and leave my 701s plugged in during on/off, and have never heard the 'pop'/'crackle' experienced on systems without the relay.post #710 of 482211/17/12 at 5:30amQuote:
Thanks.post #711 of 482211/17/12 at 7:17am
I'm considering buying an Asgard to hook up between my cdp (Onkyo C-7030) and my hp's (HD-598 and SR-60i) using stock cables. Would I be happy with this setup or should I be considering something else? Does the Asgard compliment the HD-598's wide soundstage? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.post #712 of 482211/17/12 at 7:28amThread StarterThe Asgard rivals my tube amps in terms of width, but not as much I terms of depth and micro details. I say the Asgard is easily 90% the amp my high end tube amp is. It will work very well with your headphones.Quote:Originally Posted by haguy
I'm considering buying an Asgard to hook up between my cdp (Onkyo C-7030) and my hp's (HD-598 and SR-60i) using stock cables. Would I be happy with this setup or should I be considering something else? Does the Asgard compliment the HD-598's wide soundstage? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.post #713 of 482211/17/12 at 1:59pmpost #714 of 482211/17/12 at 2:00pmQuote:
You mean burn in?
That happens automatically as you use it ;)post #715 of 482211/17/12 at 3:30pmQuote:
Thank you for your reply, hodgjy. It seems whenever I get close to deciding on an amp after researching on this forum some one throws negative reasoning into the mix. I have pretty much narrowed my search down to the Asgard and the Matrix M Stage at this point. You may have just sold me on the Asgard. Thanks again for your input.post #716 of 482211/17/12 at 3:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by haguy
Thank you for your reply, hodgjy. It seems whenever I get close to deciding on an amp after researching on this forum some one throws negative reasoning into the mix. I have pretty much narrowed my search down to the Asgard and the Matrix M Stage at this point. You may have just sold me on the Asgard. Thanks again for your input.
good choice with the amp!!
Cheers!!post #717 of 482211/17/12 at 3:56pmpost #718 of 482211/17/12 at 7:01pm
Love this thing. Put in onto my rig for the fans that are blowing up to help keep the asgard cool. I know it runs hot but now its basically just warm. No more none touchable Asgard!
Sound is amazing, I have been collecting a good amount of headphones and had been waiting for ages to get my asgard that was lost in the mail. Schiit was awesome! They finally just sent me a new one because FedEx was taking to long on getting back to them after a month. WORTH THE WAIT. I see the most gain(improvement in sound all around) in the following headphones in order:
MadDog Modded TP50s
cheerspost #719 of 482211/17/12 at 9:50pmThe Bitfrost + Asgard combination has totally met my expectations. I haven't felt this way since I went from regular apple earbuds to Koss Porta Pro YEARS ago.
Just wanted to share my great experience on the combopost #720 of 482211/18/12 at 7:38amQuote:
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Q701 appreciation thread 5 seconds ago
- › Review: NAD Viso HP50 14 seconds ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 36 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-FX850 iem. Woody 47 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 1 minute ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Best all rounder Over ear for 150 Pounds - GM 8.35/HP100/HD598/other 2 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude