- 11,644 Posts. Joined 11/2009
- Location: in my head
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 8/10/12 at 10:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 48post #706 of 1179511/16/12 at 3:49pmI have the original Vlink, and the V192. The former is just okay, the latter is fantastic. I haven't listened to the Vlink II.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #707 of 1179511/16/12 at 6:53pmpost #708 of 1179511/16/12 at 6:55pmQuote:
That's common safe practice.post #709 of 1179511/16/12 at 10:15pmQuote:
This is the recommended practice.
To be perfectly honest, however, I sometimes forget and leave my 701s plugged in during on/off, and have never heard the 'pop'/'crackle' experienced on systems without the relay.post #710 of 1179511/17/12 at 5:30amQuote:
Thanks.post #711 of 1179511/17/12 at 7:17am
I'm considering buying an Asgard to hook up between my cdp (Onkyo C-7030) and my hp's (HD-598 and SR-60i) using stock cables. Would I be happy with this setup or should I be considering something else? Does the Asgard compliment the HD-598's wide soundstage? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.post #712 of 1179511/17/12 at 7:28amThread StarterThe Asgard rivals my tube amps in terms of width, but not as much I terms of depth and micro details. I say the Asgard is easily 90% the amp my high end tube amp is. It will work very well with your headphones.Quote:Originally Posted by haguy
I'm considering buying an Asgard to hook up between my cdp (Onkyo C-7030) and my hp's (HD-598 and SR-60i) using stock cables. Would I be happy with this setup or should I be considering something else? Does the Asgard compliment the HD-598's wide soundstage? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.post #713 of 1179511/17/12 at 1:59pmpost #714 of 1179511/17/12 at 2:00pmQuote:
You mean burn in?
That happens automatically as you use it ;)post #715 of 1179511/17/12 at 3:30pmQuote:
Thank you for your reply, hodgjy. It seems whenever I get close to deciding on an amp after researching on this forum some one throws negative reasoning into the mix. I have pretty much narrowed my search down to the Asgard and the Matrix M Stage at this point. You may have just sold me on the Asgard. Thanks again for your input.post #716 of 1179511/17/12 at 3:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by haguy
Thank you for your reply, hodgjy. It seems whenever I get close to deciding on an amp after researching on this forum some one throws negative reasoning into the mix. I have pretty much narrowed my search down to the Asgard and the Matrix M Stage at this point. You may have just sold me on the Asgard. Thanks again for your input.
good choice with the amp!!
Cheers!!post #717 of 1179511/17/12 at 3:56pmpost #718 of 1179511/17/12 at 7:01pm
Love this thing. Put in onto my rig for the fans that are blowing up to help keep the asgard cool. I know it runs hot but now its basically just warm. No more none touchable Asgard!
Sound is amazing, I have been collecting a good amount of headphones and had been waiting for ages to get my asgard that was lost in the mail. Schiit was awesome! They finally just sent me a new one because FedEx was taking to long on getting back to them after a month. WORTH THE WAIT. I see the most gain(improvement in sound all around) in the following headphones in order:
MadDog Modded TP50s
cheerspost #719 of 1179511/17/12 at 9:50pmThe Bitfrost + Asgard combination has totally met my expectations. I haven't felt this way since I went from regular apple earbuds to Koss Porta Pro YEARS ago.
Just wanted to share my great experience on the combopost #720 of 1179511/18/12 at 7:38amQuote:
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 1 minute ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 5 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo/ Woo Audio WA8/ iFi iDSD Micro/ ALO Audio CDM. What to buy? 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240... 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...