- 11,467 Posts. Joined 11/2009
- Location: in my head
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 5/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 48post #706 of 699411/16/12 at 3:49pmI have the original Vlink, and the V192. The former is just okay, the latter is fantastic. I haven't listened to the Vlink II.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #707 of 699411/16/12 at 6:53pm
Question, is it safe to turn on the Lyr first and then plug in headphones? And then when I want to turn it off, unplug the headphones first?
Is this the best way to operate?post #708 of 699411/16/12 at 6:55pmQuote:
That's common safe practice.post #709 of 699411/16/12 at 10:15pmQuote:
This is the recommended practice.
To be perfectly honest, however, I sometimes forget and leave my 701s plugged in during on/off, and have never heard the 'pop'/'crackle' experienced on systems without the relay.post #710 of 699411/17/12 at 5:30amQuote:
Thanks.post #711 of 699411/17/12 at 7:17am
I'm considering buying an Asgard to hook up between my cdp (Onkyo C-7030) and my hp's (HD-598 and SR-60i) using stock cables. Would I be happy with this setup or should I be considering something else? Does the Asgard compliment the HD-598's wide soundstage? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.post #712 of 699411/17/12 at 7:28amThread StarterThe Asgard rivals my tube amps in terms of width, but not as much I terms of depth and micro details. I say the Asgard is easily 90% the amp my high end tube amp is. It will work very well with your headphones.Quote:Originally Posted by haguy
I'm considering buying an Asgard to hook up between my cdp (Onkyo C-7030) and my hp's (HD-598 and SR-60i) using stock cables. Would I be happy with this setup or should I be considering something else? Does the Asgard compliment the HD-598's wide soundstage? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.post #713 of 699411/17/12 at 1:59pmpost #714 of 699411/17/12 at 2:00pmQuote:
You mean burn in?
That happens automatically as you use it ;)post #715 of 699411/17/12 at 3:30pmQuote:
Thank you for your reply, hodgjy. It seems whenever I get close to deciding on an amp after researching on this forum some one throws negative reasoning into the mix. I have pretty much narrowed my search down to the Asgard and the Matrix M Stage at this point. You may have just sold me on the Asgard. Thanks again for your input.post #716 of 699411/17/12 at 3:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by haguy
Thank you for your reply, hodgjy. It seems whenever I get close to deciding on an amp after researching on this forum some one throws negative reasoning into the mix. I have pretty much narrowed my search down to the Asgard and the Matrix M Stage at this point. You may have just sold me on the Asgard. Thanks again for your input.
good choice with the amp!!
Cheers!!post #717 of 699411/17/12 at 3:56pmpost #718 of 699411/17/12 at 7:01pm
Love this thing. Put in onto my rig for the fans that are blowing up to help keep the asgard cool. I know it runs hot but now its basically just warm. No more none touchable Asgard!
Sound is amazing, I have been collecting a good amount of headphones and had been waiting for ages to get my asgard that was lost in the mail. Schiit was awesome! They finally just sent me a new one because FedEx was taking to long on getting back to them after a month. WORTH THE WAIT. I see the most gain(improvement in sound all around) in the following headphones in order:
MadDog Modded TP50s
cheerspost #719 of 699411/17/12 at 9:50pmThe Bitfrost + Asgard combination has totally met my expectations. I haven't felt this way since I went from regular apple earbuds to Koss Porta Pro YEARS ago.
Just wanted to share my great experience on the combopost #720 of 699411/18/12 at 7:38amQuote:
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Songs that make us bust a move! 12 seconds ago
- › Help with PC mic buzzing on Asus Xonar Essence STX 15 seconds ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 23 seconds ago
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 27 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 29 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 46 seconds ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 1 minute ago
- › Most overrated headphones? 1 minute ago
- › Destiny 1 minute ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)