Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Owners Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Owners Unite - Page 428

post #6406 of 6965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billheiser View Post


I predict a protesting response from Stan D in 3,2,1....

 

exactly why he's in my block list.... no one's experiences are valid, except his.

post #6407 of 6965
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexby View Post
 

 

exactly why he's in my block list.... no one's experiences are valid, except his.

Oh, I think StanD is great and I don't necessarily disagree with him.  Just making a fun prediction that he would respond, which he did in a most reasonable way.

post #6408 of 6965
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexby View Post
 

 

exactly why he's in my block list.... no one's experiences are valid, except his.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billheiser View Post
 

Oh, I think StanD is great and I don't necessarily disagree with him.  Just making a fun prediction that he would respond, which he did in a most reasonable way.

Heck I clearly state what my opinions are and often say that anyone can do and think as they wish. I'm an EE and happen to understand how this stuff works, thus try to add a counterbalancing voice to what I think is incorrect and might mislead others. I in no way am forcing anyone to do anything, or blocking anyone.

Haha, your prediction swayed me to respond. Not that long ago Purrin agreed with me on this same topic.

post #6409 of 6965
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post


Heck I clearly state what my opinions are and often say that anyone can do and think as they wish. I'm an EE and happen to understand how this stuff works, thus try to add a counterbalancing voice to what I think is incorrect and might mislead others. I in no way am forcing anyone to do anything, or blocking anyone.
Haha, your prediction swayed me to respond. Not that long ago Purrin agreed with me on this same topic.

The good folks at Schiit don't make any sonic claims because they do not want to waste their precious time responding to naysayers, dolts and flat earthers.

StanD. Try it in your system, read the review in Audiostream, funny the review confirms my findings, in my system. Plus, you may want to read Purrin's review, the preponderance of data indicates you really don't know what you are talking about. Please don't quote the Schiit Site again, that's getting a bit tedious.
post #6410 of 6965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatsare1 View Post


The good folks at Schiit don't make any sonic claims because they do not want to waste their precious time responding to naysayers, dolts and flat earthers.

StanD. Try it in your system, read the review in Audiostream, funny the review confirms my findings, in my system. Plus, you may want to read Purrin's review, the preponderance of data indicates you really don't know what you are talking about. Please don't quote the Schiit Site again, that's getting a bit tedious.

Data? What data? What is the difference between proper data and hearsay or subjective opinion? If one learns what the technology is and how it works, what it does and does not do, they might think differently. Read more carefully what Schitt says about the product, it's plain and simple. If you have noise from your USB source interfering with SQ, then it's a good option, otherwise, IMO no.

Speaking of Purrin, read the below recent post about the Wyrd.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/685162/new-vali-schiit-amp/4125#post_10764799


Edited by StanD - 8/8/14 at 1:43pm
post #6411 of 6965
^ Stan D, Purrin just states that he doesn't know how it works, but that it indeed, "smooths out the highs combined with the Modi".

My apologies, not "data", but evidence from those who have actually listened to one in their system. Stan D, try one in your system, until then you have 0 credibility regarding the Wyrd.
post #6412 of 6965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatsare1 View Post

^ Stan D, Purrin just states that he doesn't know how it works, but that it indeed, "smooths out the highs combined with the Modi".

My apologies, not "data", but evidence from those who have actually listened to one in their system. Stan D, try one in your system, until then you have 0 credibility regarding the Wyrd.

You say potato, I say tomato.  I will not lose sleep tonight about the '0' cred rap. I don't have to get a Wyrd to understand what it does, just like I don't have to go to Mars to know that Martians are not living large. You might giving it a shot as to learning how this works so that you can better understand how it affects SQ, or doesn't. Let's leave it at that. TGIF.

post #6413 of 6965

I like that song StanD...you say potato I say tomato!!! either nither call it whole thing off.

 

TGIF.

 

:beerchug:

post #6414 of 6965
TGIF, we agree to disagree, enjoy the music.
post #6415 of 6965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatsare1 View Post

TGIF, we agree to disagree, enjoy the music.

Yep, it's time to grab my HE-500's and jump onto the Bifrost, if Heimdall will allow me.

post #6416 of 6965

Well that actually came to a reasonable end... there is hope for us here after all hahaha.

 

I still believe the Wyrd is pure sorcery even though it is just a fancy single port USB hub lol

 

I'm debating plugging a Wyrd into another Wyrd and then into a Modi... This may result in unheard of consequences in SQ.

 

I'll report back with my findings. When I get two Wyrds of course.

post #6417 of 6965
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJs06 View Post
 

Well that actually came to a reasonable end... there is hope for us here after all hahaha.

 

I still believe the Wyrd is pure sorcery even though it is just a fancy single port USB hub lol

 

I'm debating plugging a Wyrd into another Wyrd and then into a Modi... This may result in unheard of consequences in SQ.

 

I'll report back with my findings. When I get two Wyrds of course.

 

Ever heard of the phrase "less is more"?

post #6418 of 6965
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJs06 View Post
 

Well that actually came to a reasonable end... there is hope for us here after all hahaha.

 

I still believe the Wyrd is pure sorcery even though it is just a fancy single port USB hub lol

 

I'm debating plugging a Wyrd into another Wyrd and then into a Modi... This may result in unheard of consequences in SQ.

 

I'll report back with my findings. When I get two Wyrds of course.

Man, that's weird.

post #6419 of 6965
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKENEDPLAGUE View Post
 

 

Ever heard of the phrase "less is more"?

Occam's razor

post #6420 of 6965
^Listening to Allison Krauss and Union Station on the Wyrd>Modi>Lyr 2>HE560's and this combination is beyond reproach, yes the Wyrd improves the Modi, dramatically. Snake oil, virgin nymphs spells, IDGAF, it sounds great!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Owners Unite