or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Owners Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Owners Unite - Page 389

post #5821 of 12183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada190 View Post
 

Just curious, what kind of RCA interconnects are you guys using to connect your dac to your amp? 

 

Cheap generic ones or expensive cables? 

Monoprice, cheap but built decent.

post #5822 of 12183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada190 View Post
 

Just curious, what kind of RCA interconnects are you guys using to connect your dac to your amp? 

 

Cheap generic ones or expensive cables? 

I use the PYST cables.

post #5823 of 12183
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Monoprice, cheap but built decent.

 

Same here.

post #5824 of 12183
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Monoprice, cheap but built decent.

 

Most of the time.  Out of 6 RCAs that I have one single outer ring part, the copper coated thing with the four slits that goes over the male RCA, was way too tight so I tried to bend it a little but it snapped off.  Naturally I had to snap off the other three on the other three ends for symmetry, but everything is fine with that cable now.  For a few bucks, who cares.

 

I have about 20 of their power cords in various lengths and all those have been fine.

post #5825 of 12183
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Disantis View Post

Im using just generic cables for mine

 

There is no legitimate reason to use anything else besides durability. The ONE thing expensive cables usually have is durability

post #5826 of 12183
Well my cable is pretty durable and i only paid 10 bucks at best buy because it was a last minute thing
post #5827 of 12183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada190 View Post
 

Just curious, what kind of RCA interconnects are you guys using to connect your dac to your amp? 

 

Cheap generic ones or expensive cables? 

 

Blue Jeans Cable. I call them the Schiit of the cable world.

 

http://www.bluejeanscable.com

post #5828 of 12183
Blue jean cables are nice and the 1 foot cable is actually about 16-17 inches long since they do not count the length of the plugs. The pyst RCA is better for stacking a modi to a magni/vali unless you are putting them side by side or using a stand. BJC are thicker so even at 1 foot is too much of a bend for the lighter amps/dacs.
Edited by amnesiac75 - 6/24/14 at 11:34pm
post #5829 of 12183

Schiit has launched the Wyrd ! I could be late on this but.........

post #5830 of 12183
Quote:
Originally Posted by amnesiac75 View Post

The pyst RCA is better for stacking a modi to a magni/vali unless you are putting them side by side or using a stand. BJC are thicker so even at 1 foot is too much of a bend for the lighter amps/dacs.

 

That's true.

post #5831 of 12183

Happy new owner of Valhalla. Using my Decco2 as a DAC, great amp for the DT880.

post #5832 of 12183
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckyr View Post
 

Happy new owner of Valhalla. Using my Decco2 as a DAC, great amp for the DT880.

Congrats!

post #5833 of 12183

Just got my Mjolnir/Gungnir stack in at work!  Anyone have any good excuses for me to leave?  I don't think they'll accept that I "have schiit to do".

 

I wasn't expecting a box quite this big and heavy, I guess I'm not very good at visualizing the size of things. Argh... can't concentrate. :)

post #5834 of 12183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post

 

Argh... can't concentrate. :)

 

Ahh. Know the feeling. You're pretty much done for today. :D 

post #5835 of 12183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
 

Just got my Mjolnir/Gungnir stack in at work!  Anyone have any good excuses for me to leave?  I don't think they'll accept that I "have schiit to do".

 

I wasn't expecting a box quite this big and heavy, I guess I'm not very good at visualizing the size of things. Argh... can't concentrate. :)

Tell them you are feeling Shiity! :D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Owners Unite