Yeah, got my answer - its in the Schiit site FAQ. Basically I need a powered USB hub between the Mac and the Dac. Similar problem arise with Windows 8 PCs as well so its not a Mac thing exclusively but still...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 9/1/16 at 3:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 386post #5776 of 126376/20/14 at 6:30pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5777 of 126376/20/14 at 7:28pmQuote:
Actually my windows Laptop/ PC's can go directly to my Schiit Bifrost, it's my smartphone and iPod Touch 5G that require the USB Hub. The Laptop/PC can supply the necessary current via USB but it's my portable devices that cannot.
Edited by StanD - 6/20/14 at 7:44pmpost #5778 of 126376/20/14 at 7:38pmpost #5779 of 126376/20/14 at 8:10pmI supposeQuote:
Luck of the draw I suppose..post #5780 of 126376/20/14 at 8:11pmQuote:
Can you show me a link to a suitable powered Usb hub? I'm confused with so many options out there..post #5781 of 126376/20/14 at 8:54pmGear Head USB 2.0 4-Port Hub with Energy Saving Switch (AC Powered) (RoHS) (UH5500ESP)
Oops that's not the actual link, but paste that description into Amazon and you'll have it. $13.
Also, look at schiit's website, FAQ section, "troubleshooting" for USB and dac's.post #5782 of 126376/20/14 at 11:28pmQuote:
I don't think it's in their FAQ anymore. I got it a Amazon, link below.post #5783 of 126376/21/14 at 2:48am
Are the Mjolnir pre-outs supposed to automatically switch off when I plug in my headphones, as the Asgard does? Not an issue either way, but wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. I could be, but that'd be for a different forum, I suppose :)post #5784 of 126376/21/14 at 2:50amQuote:
I don't have a problem with either the Gungnir or the Bifrost with the USB 3.0 ports. Could be your cable or the Modi.post #5785 of 126376/21/14 at 3:11amQuote:Originally Posted by StanD
I don't think it's in their FAQ anymore. I got it a Amazon, link below.
Yea it's still in the faq. So I've gotten myself a powered external Usb hub. Hopefully it works.post #5786 of 126376/21/14 at 3:12amQuote:
I dunno, man. Could be luck of the draw. I've gotten the external powered hub so hopefully it will work. Will try it out tonight and report back.post #5787 of 126376/21/14 at 7:56am
Glad to report back that with the external powered hub in place, the Modi gets connected : ) Finally some tunes whilst I audition the Audirvana software during its free trial period. Sounds pretty good. I must say even Spotify+ sounds better thru the Mac Air..post #5788 of 126376/21/14 at 8:50amQuote:
Looks like we can chalk up one more in the win column. Listen some more and let us know how you feel.
we're waiting.post #5789 of 126376/21/14 at 8:59ampost #5790 of 126376/21/14 at 2:49pmQuote:
If they don't shut off, the Mjolnir might be from before they started doing that on the amps. The original Lyr didn't shut them off, the Asgard 2 was the first to shut them off, and the Lyr 2 now also shuts them off.
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Moon Audio silver dragon JH Audio 4 pin to 4.4mm Sony cable ( new... 52 minutes ago
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 5 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 6 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 9 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 10 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 10 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 10 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 10 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 12 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 12 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear