Yeah, got my answer - its in the Schiit site FAQ. Basically I need a powered USB hub between the Mac and the Dac. Similar problem arise with Windows 8 PCs as well so its not a Mac thing exclusively but still...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 9/1/16 at 3:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 386post #5776 of 124136/20/14 at 6:30pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5777 of 124136/20/14 at 7:28pmQuote:
Actually my windows Laptop/ PC's can go directly to my Schiit Bifrost, it's my smartphone and iPod Touch 5G that require the USB Hub. The Laptop/PC can supply the necessary current via USB but it's my portable devices that cannot.
Edited by StanD - 6/20/14 at 7:44pmpost #5778 of 124136/20/14 at 7:38pmpost #5779 of 124136/20/14 at 8:10pmI supposeQuote:
Luck of the draw I suppose..post #5780 of 124136/20/14 at 8:11pmQuote:
Can you show me a link to a suitable powered Usb hub? I'm confused with so many options out there..post #5781 of 124136/20/14 at 8:54pmGear Head USB 2.0 4-Port Hub with Energy Saving Switch (AC Powered) (RoHS) (UH5500ESP)
Oops that's not the actual link, but paste that description into Amazon and you'll have it. $13.
Also, look at schiit's website, FAQ section, "troubleshooting" for USB and dac's.post #5782 of 124136/20/14 at 11:28pmQuote:
I don't think it's in their FAQ anymore. I got it a Amazon, link below.post #5783 of 124136/21/14 at 2:48am
Are the Mjolnir pre-outs supposed to automatically switch off when I plug in my headphones, as the Asgard does? Not an issue either way, but wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. I could be, but that'd be for a different forum, I suppose :)post #5784 of 124136/21/14 at 2:50amQuote:
I don't have a problem with either the Gungnir or the Bifrost with the USB 3.0 ports. Could be your cable or the Modi.post #5785 of 124136/21/14 at 3:11amQuote:Originally Posted by StanD
I don't think it's in their FAQ anymore. I got it a Amazon, link below.
Yea it's still in the faq. So I've gotten myself a powered external Usb hub. Hopefully it works.post #5786 of 124136/21/14 at 3:12amQuote:
I dunno, man. Could be luck of the draw. I've gotten the external powered hub so hopefully it will work. Will try it out tonight and report back.post #5787 of 124136/21/14 at 7:56am
Glad to report back that with the external powered hub in place, the Modi gets connected : ) Finally some tunes whilst I audition the Audirvana software during its free trial period. Sounds pretty good. I must say even Spotify+ sounds better thru the Mac Air..post #5788 of 124136/21/14 at 8:50amQuote:
Looks like we can chalk up one more in the win column. Listen some more and let us know how you feel.
we're waiting.post #5789 of 124136/21/14 at 8:59ampost #5790 of 124136/21/14 at 2:49pmQuote:
If they don't shut off, the Mjolnir might be from before they started doing that on the amps. The original Lyr didn't shut them off, the Asgard 2 was the first to shut them off, and the Lyr 2 now also shuts them off.
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 2 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 3 minutes ago
- › allergic to audiophile grade stuff? 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear