Yeah, got my answer - its in the Schiit site FAQ. Basically I need a powered USB hub between the Mac and the Dac. Similar problem arise with Windows 8 PCs as well so its not a Mac thing exclusively but still...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 9/1/16 at 3:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 386post #5776 of 121836/20/14 at 6:30pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5777 of 121836/20/14 at 7:28pmQuote:
Actually my windows Laptop/ PC's can go directly to my Schiit Bifrost, it's my smartphone and iPod Touch 5G that require the USB Hub. The Laptop/PC can supply the necessary current via USB but it's my portable devices that cannot.
Edited by StanD - 6/20/14 at 7:44pmpost #5778 of 121836/20/14 at 7:38pmpost #5779 of 121836/20/14 at 8:10pmI supposeQuote:
Luck of the draw I suppose..post #5780 of 121836/20/14 at 8:11pmQuote:
Can you show me a link to a suitable powered Usb hub? I'm confused with so many options out there..post #5781 of 121836/20/14 at 8:54pmGear Head USB 2.0 4-Port Hub with Energy Saving Switch (AC Powered) (RoHS) (UH5500ESP)
Oops that's not the actual link, but paste that description into Amazon and you'll have it. $13.
Also, look at schiit's website, FAQ section, "troubleshooting" for USB and dac's.post #5782 of 121836/20/14 at 11:28pmQuote:
I don't think it's in their FAQ anymore. I got it a Amazon, link below.post #5783 of 121836/21/14 at 2:48am
Are the Mjolnir pre-outs supposed to automatically switch off when I plug in my headphones, as the Asgard does? Not an issue either way, but wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. I could be, but that'd be for a different forum, I suppose :)post #5784 of 121836/21/14 at 2:50amQuote:
I don't have a problem with either the Gungnir or the Bifrost with the USB 3.0 ports. Could be your cable or the Modi.post #5785 of 121836/21/14 at 3:11amQuote:Originally Posted by StanD
I don't think it's in their FAQ anymore. I got it a Amazon, link below.
Yea it's still in the faq. So I've gotten myself a powered external Usb hub. Hopefully it works.post #5786 of 121836/21/14 at 3:12amQuote:
I dunno, man. Could be luck of the draw. I've gotten the external powered hub so hopefully it will work. Will try it out tonight and report back.post #5787 of 121836/21/14 at 7:56am
Glad to report back that with the external powered hub in place, the Modi gets connected : ) Finally some tunes whilst I audition the Audirvana software during its free trial period. Sounds pretty good. I must say even Spotify+ sounds better thru the Mac Air..post #5788 of 121836/21/14 at 8:50amQuote:
Looks like we can chalk up one more in the win column. Listen some more and let us know how you feel.
we're waiting.post #5789 of 121836/21/14 at 8:59ampost #5790 of 121836/21/14 at 2:49pmQuote:
If they don't shut off, the Mjolnir might be from before they started doing that on the amps. The original Lyr didn't shut them off, the Asgard 2 was the first to shut them off, and the Lyr 2 now also shuts them off.
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › "The Lab" 27 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 22 minutes ago
- › Jaybird X3 vs Bose Soundsport Wireless 23 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 25 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 26 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 27 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 27 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 27 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 27 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear