Yup, I totally overlooked that key detail. Thanks for the clarification.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 9/1/16 at 3:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
For me the Encore shares the same sound signature as its predecessor Noble Kaiser K-10. There are already 31- K-10 reviews on H.F. including mine. Read what is written about the K-10, then think...
Sorry if my english is not so good. I bought this several days ago (200 euro) so I cannot post an opinion about durability. I use this dac/amp just on pc for everyday use: movies, voice,...
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 374
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5597 of 122836/9/14 at 2:41pmpost #5598 of 122836/9/14 at 2:48pmA lot of high end tube gear has "soft start" circuits where the tubes are never powered down completely (my Audible Illusions (ok not high end) and my former VTL Amps included). For Head Fi Gear w/o is it better to leave it on for extended periods? Again, I have been told cold starts shorten tube life, what's the word Ya'll?post #5599 of 122836/9/14 at 2:50pmpost #5600 of 122836/9/14 at 3:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by Wildcatsare1
A lot of high end tube gear has "soft start" circuits where the tubes are never powered down completely (my Audible Illusions (ok not high end) and my former VTL Amps included). For Head Fi Gear w/o is it better to leave it on for extended periods? Again, I have been told cold starts shorten tube life, what's the word Ya'll?
Cold starts are like light blubs when usually blow when starting. However I have not noticed that issue issue with vacuum tubes. What I know about tube soft start is that the heaters will have a chance to warm up the tube before high voltage is applied. A type of delayed start. That is what soft start means to me. Nothing to do with keeping anything on when off.post #5601 of 122836/10/14 at 5:44amQuote:
No one likes a cold seat. It's much nicer to sit in a nice warm seat that has been occupied for a period of time. So, after a couple hours of operation, all of the Electron Holes have been warmed up, by virtue of electrons leaving the holes in favor of other positions within the auditorium.
In most auditoriums, this amount of activity is discouraged. In fact, movie theaters will escort you out if you spend any appreciable time changing seats, texting on your cell phone, humping your neighbor, or dropping popcorn down the back of the tops of girls sitting in front of you. A notable exception to this would be the energetic activity of the audiences viewing the Rocky Horror Picture Show of the late 70's. People showing up dressed as Dr. Frank N. Furter generated the most positive audience approval, resulting sometimes in violent exchanges of popcorn between audience members. Not to mention the frequent exchanges of seating arrangements.
In summary, tubes have an arced lifespan, where they suck then sound great then die. But when they sound great, well, it's a lot like good popcorn in a movie theater.post #5602 of 122836/10/14 at 6:38ampost #5603 of 122836/10/14 at 1:23pmpost #5604 of 122836/10/14 at 1:33pmpost #5605 of 122836/10/14 at 1:42pmpost #5606 of 122836/10/14 at 1:44pmQuote:
I'd recommend that you turn on the power switch.post #5607 of 122836/11/14 at 3:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Billheiser
Brilliant systems! Can't see any weak spots there. But since we're human we can always come up w stuff... The XS are on ears, if I remember right. On ears sometimes bug me so I might look at over ear closed phones for comfort - eg, Momentums, focal, hp50, full size vmodas, etc. But that's just me projecting my personal ear comfort issues 😁
Thanks! Yes, the VMODA XS are on ears. Jude's First Look video sold me on them. I have average sized ears, so the XS feels very comfortable to me. I'd imagine the Momentums would work fine for me given what I've read so far: for over ears, the Momentums tend to be a bit smaller in fit than others. I tried searching for some comments on the Momentums paired with an Asgard 2 and Bifrost Uber, but no luck yet (not surprised, unless I missed the thread somewhere). Guess I'll just have to order a pair and check them out for myself :)post #5608 of 122836/11/14 at 5:47amQuote:
No it doesn't. Making a sound requires three things: Event, Transmission and Reception. Without any of these things sound does not occur.
The event is obvious.
Transmission requires a suitable medium. For example, in a vacuum, there is no medium so in space you could have an event yet no sound.
Reception (the question here) is the third component. If the the event and transmission result in a ultrasonic or infrasonic frequency, the human ear cannot receive it and is inaudible. The reception does not occur. So if reception does not occur, then sound cannot occur.
I guess you could argue that it could it would be heard if someone was there. But isn't that a coulda woulda shoulda statement?post #5609 of 122836/11/14 at 6:42am
If an event occurs that produces sound and transmission is present, then what does whether anyone hears it or not matter.
If a block of flats falls down it will make a lot of noise. If no one is around to hear it are you saying that it fell silently.
Sound does not rely on ears to exist, if you have event causing sound and transmission then sound exists.
Edited by nigeljames - 6/11/14 at 6:43ampost #5610 of 122836/11/14 at 8:20am
To say that a sound doesn't exist because nobody hears it is like asserting there are no words in a book that isn't being read - philosophically valid perhaps but nonsensical in the real world.
Also the tree-in-the-forest bit is unconscionably human-centric; what about the squirrels, deer and birds? Don't they count?
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 52 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › USB Strikes Back! Watch out AOIP - USB/Ethernet Chain beats All... 5 minutes ago
- › The Other Metal Thread: No Blastbeat Metal Zone! 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-DSR9BT/ATH-DSR7BT Bluetooth Headphones (With... 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 9 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 9 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear