Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 9/1/16 at 3:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Weston W80 Review Disclaimer: The W80 was loaned to me by the local distributor www.samma3a.com - I have to return it, I have not received any incentive, financial or otherwise for this...
Meant to be married to the OL DAC, the O2 headphone amp matches it in shape, size and simplicity. What’s neat about the O2 is that JDS Labs allows for some simple customizations—you can choose...
Acknowledgment This review unit was provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion by Penon Audio. This review was originally published here. Introduction I’m a regular watcher and poster on...
I know a lot of people say a DAC is a DAC is a DAC, but I’m not one of them. A DAC’s chipset and its implementation, among other things, play a very real role in determining how it sounds....
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 367post #5491 of 124006/2/14 at 11:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5492 of 124006/2/14 at 12:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by jaywillin
Thanks. There goes the Wyrd's back (I think someone was asking):post #5493 of 124006/2/14 at 12:13pmpost #5494 of 124006/2/14 at 12:14pmpost #5495 of 124006/2/14 at 12:23pmpost #5496 of 124006/2/14 at 12:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by madwolfa
Thanks. There goes the Wyrd's back (I think someone was asking):
Don't want to ask Jason and cause a month delay :) Any idea when this can be ordered? Not on the Website. And If I missed it from a previous post you can curse me like I do the others who ask questions that are a page or two behind.
JUNE thanks Tuco
Edited by Saraguie - 6/2/14 at 12:54pmpost #5497 of 124006/2/14 at 12:41pmpost #5498 of 124006/2/14 at 2:06pmQuote:
Is it me, or are the INPUT and OUTPUT reversed?
Edit: nevermind...I'm being stupid...:) Apparently it has been a long week and it is only Monday...
Edited by DaemonSire - 6/2/14 at 2:17pmpost #5499 of 124006/2/14 at 2:09pmpost #5500 of 124006/2/14 at 2:09pm
Typically, USB type B goes to the peripheral (in this case, the Wyrd's input accepting data from the computer) and USB type A is from the master device (in this case, the Wyrd's output sending data to a DAC).
Cheerspost #5501 of 124006/2/14 at 2:10pmpost #5502 of 124006/2/14 at 2:16pmpost #5503 of 124006/2/14 at 3:53pmQuote:
Edited by rocksteady65 - 6/2/14 at 4:00pmpost #5504 of 124006/2/14 at 5:24pmpost #5505 of 124006/2/14 at 9:13pm
I'm going to use the Wyrd with my $500 SilverDragonWorm™ USB cables! Should be a terrific combo.
If I don't hear a 60% improvement I'm going to return it and leave a 1 star review.
BTW my neighbor wants to know if this is compatible with Monoprice cables? I don't see it in the FAQ.
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Rhapsodio thread 7 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 16 seconds ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 1 minute ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear