Answering my own question here.. looks like forced 44.1->48 conversion was an issue with older AC'97 codecs only. Newest "HD Audio" spec doesn't convert to 48 KHz anymore.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 9/1/16 at 3:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
1) Initial Impression The silver cable is very well made, a great product from Singapore. The sleeves feel very smooth with no rubbery texture. The audio jack and the Y splitter is the standard...
Introduction – Although they are the highest terms of numbering, the R2000DB still occupy the second highest performance bracket just below the S1000DB. With a considerably increased asking price,...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 357post #5341 of 121835/21/14 at 12:00pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5342 of 121835/21/14 at 5:34pm
i get the audio advisor catalog today, and in it, was a vahalla v2, says it now has a gain switch, and pre outs,
its not on the schiit, or AA website,
if its true, it might be worth a try, i heard it for the first time at the nashville meet, it sounded great with grado's and my lcd-xpost #5343 of 121835/21/14 at 6:05pmThank for the information, it has made me wait and see what the folks at Schiit audio are coming out with. Schiit Audio has announced two very nice high end units, One is the ragnarok and the others the yggdrasil, both sound awesome . Earlier this month audio advisor also listed a lyr V2, so it seems good things are afoot at Schiit audio:Dpost #5344 of 121835/21/14 at 6:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by reddog
Thank for the information, it has made me wait and see what the folks at Schiit audio are coming out with. Schiit Audio has announced two very nice high end units, One is the ragnarok and the others the yggdrasil, both sound awesome . Earlier this month audio advisor also listed a lyr V2, so it seems good things are afoot at Schiit audio:D
yeah, i'd seen the blurb about the lyr, an improved version would be very cool !
and i'm past ready for the rag and yggdrasil to be releasedpost #5345 of 121835/21/14 at 6:33pmpost #5346 of 121835/21/14 at 8:22pmThread Starter
Schiit has changed their business model in the last year or so. In the past, they announced products they were going to release, but sometimes didn't make expected deadlines. Now, they only announce products once they are ready to roll out. Their statement gear was announced before this policy change.post #5347 of 121835/22/14 at 7:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by hodgjy
Schiit has changed their business model in the last year or so. In the past, they announced products they were going to release, but sometimes didn't make expected deadlines. Now, they only announce products once they are ready to roll out. Their statement gear was announced before this policy change.
right way to go...i don't like companies say some product is coming up, and then it takes forever to see the product.
Edited by cddc - 5/22/14 at 7:08pmpost #5348 of 121835/22/14 at 7:30pmQuote:
Agreed, Duke Nukem, comes to mind from my past as one of the most infamous pieces of vaporware, took 12 years and it was terrible.
Don't mind companies hinting as they get close to release, but early concept sharing almost never works out to be the same as the final product, so its somewhat counter productive in my opinion. Especially once the hype train gets rolling, then you have to hear the train for years while waiting.
Edited by bonesnv - 5/22/14 at 7:33pmpost #5349 of 121835/22/14 at 9:11pmpost #5350 of 121835/23/14 at 3:46ampost #5351 of 121835/23/14 at 4:16ampost #5352 of 121835/23/14 at 6:32amQuote:
I've only heard the Lyr with the T1. Don't remember which DAC, but it sounded fantastic.post #5353 of 121835/23/14 at 10:52amPlease mighty wizards at Schiit Audio please release the Lyr v2 and Valhalla v2 soon. I am in a state of unbound anticipation, like a hype dog awaiting his or hers owner.post #5354 of 121835/23/14 at 11:37ampost #5355 of 121835/23/14 at 11:50amThread Starter
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Known bugs/issues with latest X7 firmware 1 minute ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Help choosing headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 6 minutes ago
- › Grado PS1000's - 50% Off List Price! 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 10 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear