Answering my own question here.. looks like forced 44.1->48 conversion was an issue with older AC'97 codecs only. Newest "HD Audio" spec doesn't convert to 48 KHz anymore.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 9/1/16 at 3:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 357post #5341 of 124955/21/14 at 12:00pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5342 of 124955/21/14 at 5:34pm
i get the audio advisor catalog today, and in it, was a vahalla v2, says it now has a gain switch, and pre outs,
its not on the schiit, or AA website,
if its true, it might be worth a try, i heard it for the first time at the nashville meet, it sounded great with grado's and my lcd-xpost #5343 of 124955/21/14 at 6:05pmThank for the information, it has made me wait and see what the folks at Schiit audio are coming out with. Schiit Audio has announced two very nice high end units, One is the ragnarok and the others the yggdrasil, both sound awesome . Earlier this month audio advisor also listed a lyr V2, so it seems good things are afoot at Schiit audio:Dpost #5344 of 124955/21/14 at 6:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by reddog
Thank for the information, it has made me wait and see what the folks at Schiit audio are coming out with. Schiit Audio has announced two very nice high end units, One is the ragnarok and the others the yggdrasil, both sound awesome . Earlier this month audio advisor also listed a lyr V2, so it seems good things are afoot at Schiit audio:D
yeah, i'd seen the blurb about the lyr, an improved version would be very cool !
and i'm past ready for the rag and yggdrasil to be releasedpost #5345 of 124955/21/14 at 6:33pmpost #5346 of 124955/21/14 at 8:22pmThread Starter
Schiit has changed their business model in the last year or so. In the past, they announced products they were going to release, but sometimes didn't make expected deadlines. Now, they only announce products once they are ready to roll out. Their statement gear was announced before this policy change.post #5347 of 124955/22/14 at 7:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by hodgjy
Schiit has changed their business model in the last year or so. In the past, they announced products they were going to release, but sometimes didn't make expected deadlines. Now, they only announce products once they are ready to roll out. Their statement gear was announced before this policy change.
right way to go...i don't like companies say some product is coming up, and then it takes forever to see the product.
Edited by cddc - 5/22/14 at 7:08pmpost #5348 of 124955/22/14 at 7:30pmQuote:
Agreed, Duke Nukem, comes to mind from my past as one of the most infamous pieces of vaporware, took 12 years and it was terrible.
Don't mind companies hinting as they get close to release, but early concept sharing almost never works out to be the same as the final product, so its somewhat counter productive in my opinion. Especially once the hype train gets rolling, then you have to hear the train for years while waiting.
Edited by bonesnv - 5/22/14 at 7:33pmpost #5349 of 124955/22/14 at 9:11pmpost #5350 of 124955/23/14 at 3:46ampost #5351 of 124955/23/14 at 4:16ampost #5352 of 124955/23/14 at 6:32amQuote:
I've only heard the Lyr with the T1. Don't remember which DAC, but it sounded fantastic.post #5353 of 124955/23/14 at 10:52ampost #5354 of 124955/23/14 at 11:37ampost #5355 of 124955/23/14 at 11:50amThread Starter
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 42 seconds ago
- › Vinshine Audio DAC R2R-REF w/ soekris 43 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 45 seconds ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB... 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by TheoS53
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear