or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Owners Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Owners Unite - Page 356

post #5326 of 12183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatsare1 View Post

Right now, HD650's so a good synergy, I suppose once the tube issue is resolved. Though I am interested in picking up something from Audeze or Hifiman in the near future, or maybe an HD800, maybe coveting to much power, I will know if the Valhalla cranks when the tube problem is resolved.
HD650 pairs well with the Lyr as well biggrin.gif never used a valhala though so can't really compare.
post #5327 of 12183
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeskR View Post

HD650 pairs well with the Lyr as well biggrin.gif never used a valhala though so can't really compare.

Tell us more about the Lyr-Alpha Dog combo?
post #5328 of 12183
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeskR View Post


HD650 pairs well with the Lyr as well biggrin.gif never used a valhala though so can't really compare.


+1. A brilliant pairing.

post #5329 of 12183
Well to be completely honest my ADs have only been used with my magni and Lyr so I can't really make any comparisons with other amps, that being said even with stock tubes the Lyr effortlessly drives them and makes for a very good pairing, mids in particular are very satisfying.

Edit: check out the AD thread, many people in there with Lyrs very satisfied with the combo.
Edited by TeskR - 5/18/14 at 10:00pm
post #5330 of 12183

Have an Asgard 2 on the way because it isn't too expensive, and there are some days that tubes are just too finnicky :biggrin:

post #5331 of 12183

I've got an Asgard-2 with my Grado 225i. I'll be curious to your impressinons relative to your LD 1+. The LD seems to be muched loved by Grado owners.

post #5332 of 12183
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 

I've got an Asgard-2 with my Grado 225i. I'll be curious to your impressinons relative to your LD 1+. The LD seems to be muched loved by Grado owners.

 

I'd be happy to do a small write up!

 

I have Voshkods in my LD1+ at the moment, and want to put in a new opamp, but the main reason I'm wanting to add the A2 to the stable is that the LD1+ is very susceptible to RF and other interference (I'm assuming tubes in general.... some more than others, of course, but in general), and if I'm listening on my tablet with wifi on, there are definitely times you can hear it. The LD1+ does sound great, though.

 

Will be interesting to see if the A2 matches my (brief) previous experiences with it.

post #5333 of 12183

Listening to a binaural recording on my HD600s first time in my life and it's completely mind blowing experience!!!

 

http://www.amazon.com/Close-Ottmar-Liebert-Luna-Negra/dp/B0017SBG9S

post #5334 of 12183
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsubox View Post
 

 

I'd be happy to do a small write up!

 

I have Voshkods in my LD1+ at the moment, and want to put in a new opamp, but the main reason I'm wanting to add the A2 to the stable is that the LD1+ is very susceptible to RF and other interference (I'm assuming tubes in general.... some more than others, of course, but in general), and if I'm listening on my tablet with wifi on, there are definitely times you can hear it. The LD1+ does sound great, though.

 

Will be interesting to see if the A2 matches my (brief) previous experiences with it.

I look forward to that. The A2 is all I know. I sometimes wonder of I'd want to add a tube or hybrid amp sell my A2 for something else. So far, I'm happy w/ what I'm hearing even though it's my only ref point.

post #5335 of 12183
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 

I look forward to that. The A2 is all I know. I sometimes wonder of I'd want to add a tube or hybrid amp sell my A2 for something else. So far, I'm happy w/ what I'm hearing even though it's my only ref point.

 

I'll see how they are from both the Modi and Bifrost.

post #5336 of 12183

What do you guys think of optical outputs on expensive motherboards with codecs like Realtek ALC898? Is the clock still tied to 48 KHz there?

Do they provide honest/bit-perfect 44/48/96/192 digital output there without some sort of internal resampling?

 

I've sent the same question to Schiit folks, but thought you might know..

post #5337 of 12183
Quote:
Originally Posted by madwolfa View Post
 

What do you guys think of optical outputs on expensive motherboards with codecs like Realtek ALC898? Is the clock still tied to 48 KHz there?

Do they provide honest/bit-perfect 44/48/96/192 digital output there without some sort of internal resampling?

 

I've sent the same question to Schiit folks, but thought you might know..

 

I have never been able to get more than 44/48/96/192 through optical, but then it is ALC892

post #5338 of 12183
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKENEDPLAGUE View Post
 

I have never been able to get more than 44/48/96/192 through optical, but then it is ALC892

 

What do you mean by "more"?

 

I have no issues with playback (on everything up to 24/96), but I was wondering if it's really bit-perfect out there assuming the codec's master clock fixed at 48 KHz.


Edited by madwolfa - 5/21/14 at 9:14am
post #5339 of 12183

Not sure how to answer that. I can't get 88.2 or 176 khz, and as for bitperfect the best we can hope for is that wasapi is working correctly. But in foobar I can still control volume which you would think shouldn't be possible

post #5340 of 12183
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKENEDPLAGUE View Post
 

Not sure how to answer that. I can't get 88.2 or 176 khz, and as for bitperfect the best we can hope for is that wasapi is working correctly. But in foobar I can still control volume which you would think shouldn't be possible

 

foobar2000 has a digital volume control, that's fine. as long as you keep it at 100%, all bits should be passing unaltered...

I'm not so sure about the internal codec processing, though. Many codecs in past had 48 KHz as a main frequency and all outputs,

including digital, were tied to that - x48, with everything x44.1 internally resampled, often poorly.


Edited by madwolfa - 5/21/14 at 9:58am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Owners Unite