OK, I have decided to complete my headphones Schiit stack first - Bifrost Uber USB coming my way now.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 9/1/16 at 3:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of New Zealand tour arranged by @Brooko & @Andykong, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
Ok so it is 2017 and I'm late to the party but I just got this headphone from Singapore Jaben because it seems they were clearing their stock. I got this for a whooping $34.90 SGD!! When I looked...
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 352post #5266 of 125015/12/14 at 10:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5267 of 125015/12/14 at 10:41amMy Gungnir seems to provide what I would say is articulate detail retrieval and now that I have gotten the new USB module installed is very nice. HOWEVER I have not auditioned any other dacs so take that with a grain of salt. For what it's worth etc. Running balanced throughput over Silver Widow to LCD3s. For the money spent I think it would be kind of difficult to do better. Obviously when rising up the food chain and getting into the really expensive components the SQ will get better but at this price level I am really happy with my system. Really recommend getting the USB upgrade BTW. With JRiver 19 all data transfers are just really clean; I can really tell the difference.post #5268 of 125015/12/14 at 10:46amQuote:
You will not be dissapointed, it's good Schiit. The USB implementation seems to be spot on. The Windoze drivers that Schitt supplies (download) works well and has some interesting enhancements found in their properties. If you need to boost bass, that can be found there, freq and level.post #5269 of 125015/12/14 at 10:51amQuote:Originally Posted by StanD
You will not be dissapointed, it's good Schiit. The USB implementation seems to be spot on. The Windoze drivers that Schitt supplies (download) works well and has some interesting enhancements found in their properties. If you need to boost bass, that can be found there, freq and level.
I see they also have native USB ASIO implementation, which is nice. WASAPI has always been a bit quirky.post #5270 of 125015/12/14 at 4:14pmpost #5271 of 125015/12/14 at 4:24pmpost #5272 of 125015/12/14 at 6:29pmpost #5273 of 125015/12/14 at 9:17pmpost #5274 of 125015/13/14 at 5:54ampost #5275 of 125015/13/14 at 11:41amQuote:IOriginally Posted by madwolfa
I'm thinking of switching the Musical Fidelity V-DAC on my big rig to a Gungnir with a fully balanced connection (my pre/power amps have XLR balanced inputs, but I'm using unbalanced RCA inputs now with a V-DAC). Does it make much sense? Would I notice any difference at all?
I had the MF VDAC in my main rig, and when I replaced it with Bifrost everything sounded better, more natural, etc.post #5276 of 125015/13/14 at 1:36pmMany thanks to the kind folks on this thread, just took the plunge on greatly enhancing my current rig, HD650's, F17/E09K, ordered a Valhalla, it will be here Monday!!!! Just what the Doctor ordered to make my recovery from knee surgery (tomorrow) a pleasant one;-)!
Now for tube rolling advice?!?post #5277 of 125015/13/14 at 2:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by Wildcatsare1
Many thanks to the kind folks on this thread, just took the plunge on greatly enhancing my current rig, HD650's, F17/E09K, ordered a Valhalla, it will be here Monday!!!! Just what the Doctor ordered to make my recovery from knee surgery (tomorrow) a pleasant one;-)!
Now for tube rolling advice?!?
Dude! I got my Vali to make a bedroom system for my sennheisers, because of knee surgery recovery too. It helped!post #5278 of 125015/13/14 at 2:15pmpost #5279 of 125015/13/14 at 2:20pmpost #5280 of 125015/13/14 at 2:21pm
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Hunting for ideal office headphones: closed & comfortable 2 minutes ago
- › Curious about Stax amps and "self bias" basics 2 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 2 minutes ago
- › Advice on first major headphone purchase 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 7 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 8 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 9 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 12 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Goldring DR150 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by themindfreak
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear