OK, I have decided to complete my headphones Schiit stack first - Bifrost Uber USB coming my way now.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 8/10/12 at 10:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
As list in the summary, I don't like this product, and I will not buy any product from Philips because of the post-sale service. After I tried replacing all of the ear-pieces in the box, I...
Introduction – When I was first looking into a set of computer speakers, many brands tickled my ear but few really caught my eye. Edifier are a perfect example of a brand renowned for their...
Mine developed a noisy right channel after a relatively short time. Cambridge Tech support was poor and customer support was just as bad. This company is pennywise and pound foolish and should...
I’ve worked with Accutone IEMs before. However, I’ve never been so thoroughly satisfied a product of theirs. Almost every build-quality complaint I’ve had before lies dead at the feet of...
I have heard the littledot mkIV, and it pretty much sounded like any other solid state amp as well so i though eh, littledot is just another shammy company... but then I discovered the MKIII - and...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 352post #5266 of 119815/12/14 at 10:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5267 of 119815/12/14 at 10:41amMy Gungnir seems to provide what I would say is articulate detail retrieval and now that I have gotten the new USB module installed is very nice. HOWEVER I have not auditioned any other dacs so take that with a grain of salt. For what it's worth etc. Running balanced throughput over Silver Widow to LCD3s. For the money spent I think it would be kind of difficult to do better. Obviously when rising up the food chain and getting into the really expensive components the SQ will get better but at this price level I am really happy with my system. Really recommend getting the USB upgrade BTW. With JRiver 19 all data transfers are just really clean; I can really tell the difference.post #5268 of 119815/12/14 at 10:46amQuote:
You will not be dissapointed, it's good Schiit. The USB implementation seems to be spot on. The Windoze drivers that Schitt supplies (download) works well and has some interesting enhancements found in their properties. If you need to boost bass, that can be found there, freq and level.post #5269 of 119815/12/14 at 10:51amQuote:Originally Posted by StanD
You will not be dissapointed, it's good Schiit. The USB implementation seems to be spot on. The Windoze drivers that Schitt supplies (download) works well and has some interesting enhancements found in their properties. If you need to boost bass, that can be found there, freq and level.
I see they also have native USB ASIO implementation, which is nice. WASAPI has always been a bit quirky.post #5270 of 119815/12/14 at 4:14pmpost #5271 of 119815/12/14 at 4:24pmpost #5272 of 119815/12/14 at 6:29pmpost #5273 of 119815/12/14 at 9:17pmpost #5274 of 119815/13/14 at 5:54ampost #5275 of 119815/13/14 at 11:41amQuote:IOriginally Posted by madwolfa
I'm thinking of switching the Musical Fidelity V-DAC on my big rig to a Gungnir with a fully balanced connection (my pre/power amps have XLR balanced inputs, but I'm using unbalanced RCA inputs now with a V-DAC). Does it make much sense? Would I notice any difference at all?
I had the MF VDAC in my main rig, and when I replaced it with Bifrost everything sounded better, more natural, etc.post #5276 of 119815/13/14 at 1:36pmMany thanks to the kind folks on this thread, just took the plunge on greatly enhancing my current rig, HD650's, F17/E09K, ordered a Valhalla, it will be here Monday!!!! Just what the Doctor ordered to make my recovery from knee surgery (tomorrow) a pleasant one;-)!
Now for tube rolling advice?!?post #5277 of 119815/13/14 at 2:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by Wildcatsare1
Many thanks to the kind folks on this thread, just took the plunge on greatly enhancing my current rig, HD650's, F17/E09K, ordered a Valhalla, it will be here Monday!!!! Just what the Doctor ordered to make my recovery from knee surgery (tomorrow) a pleasant one;-)!
Now for tube rolling advice?!?
Dude! I got my Vali to make a bedroom system for my sennheisers, because of knee surgery recovery too. It helped!post #5278 of 119815/13/14 at 2:15pmpost #5279 of 119815/13/14 at 2:20pmpost #5280 of 119815/13/14 at 2:21pm
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Mitchell & Johnson – Electrostatz Headphones, Kickstarter Edition 2 minutes ago
- › SELL ME YOUR YAMAHA MT220! 4 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 5 minutes ago
- › The Head-Fi Times "A Ghetto burnout newspaper" 6 minutes ago
- › CHORD HUGO TT (as new & unused) 6 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 7 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 9 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 10 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Malfunkt
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by bhazard
- › Brainwavz Jive by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Nano iUSB 3.0 Power Supply by Army-Firedawg
- › iFi Pro iCAN by thatonenoob
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...