OK, I have decided to complete my headphones Schiit stack first - Bifrost Uber USB coming my way now.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 5/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 352post #5266 of 69445/12/14 at 10:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5267 of 69445/12/14 at 10:41amMy Gungnir seems to provide what I would say is articulate detail retrieval and now that I have gotten the new USB module installed is very nice. HOWEVER I have not auditioned any other dacs so take that with a grain of salt. For what it's worth etc. Running balanced throughput over Silver Widow to LCD3s. For the money spent I think it would be kind of difficult to do better. Obviously when rising up the food chain and getting into the really expensive components the SQ will get better but at this price level I am really happy with my system. Really recommend getting the USB upgrade BTW. With JRiver 19 all data transfers are just really clean; I can really tell the difference.post #5268 of 69445/12/14 at 10:46amQuote:
You will not be dissapointed, it's good Schiit. The USB implementation seems to be spot on. The Windoze drivers that Schitt supplies (download) works well and has some interesting enhancements found in their properties. If you need to boost bass, that can be found there, freq and level.post #5269 of 69445/12/14 at 10:51amQuote:Originally Posted by StanD
You will not be dissapointed, it's good Schiit. The USB implementation seems to be spot on. The Windoze drivers that Schitt supplies (download) works well and has some interesting enhancements found in their properties. If you need to boost bass, that can be found there, freq and level.
I see they also have native USB ASIO implementation, which is nice. WASAPI has always been a bit quirky.post #5270 of 69445/12/14 at 4:14pmpost #5271 of 69445/12/14 at 4:24pmpost #5272 of 69445/12/14 at 6:29pmpost #5273 of 69445/12/14 at 9:17pmpost #5274 of 69445/13/14 at 5:54ampost #5275 of 69445/13/14 at 11:41amQuote:IOriginally Posted by madwolfa
I'm thinking of switching the Musical Fidelity V-DAC on my big rig to a Gungnir with a fully balanced connection (my pre/power amps have XLR balanced inputs, but I'm using unbalanced RCA inputs now with a V-DAC). Does it make much sense? Would I notice any difference at all?
I had the MF VDAC in my main rig, and when I replaced it with Bifrost everything sounded better, more natural, etc.post #5276 of 69445/13/14 at 1:36pmMany thanks to the kind folks on this thread, just took the plunge on greatly enhancing my current rig, HD650's, F17/E09K, ordered a Valhalla, it will be here Monday!!!! Just what the Doctor ordered to make my recovery from knee surgery (tomorrow) a pleasant one;-)!
Now for tube rolling advice?!?post #5277 of 69445/13/14 at 2:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by Wildcatsare1
Many thanks to the kind folks on this thread, just took the plunge on greatly enhancing my current rig, HD650's, F17/E09K, ordered a Valhalla, it will be here Monday!!!! Just what the Doctor ordered to make my recovery from knee surgery (tomorrow) a pleasant one;-)!
Now for tube rolling advice?!?
Dude! I got my Vali to make a bedroom system for my sennheisers, because of knee surgery recovery too. It helped!post #5278 of 69445/13/14 at 2:15pmpost #5279 of 69445/13/14 at 2:20pmpost #5280 of 69445/13/14 at 2:21pm
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 51 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Alpha Design Labs (Furutech) EH-008 In-ear Monitors 4 minutes ago
- › I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some... 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 6 minutes ago
- › Receivers/Integrated/Transports with BEST headphone jack? 7 minutes ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)