OK, I have decided to complete my headphones Schiit stack first - Bifrost Uber USB coming my way now.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 9/1/16 at 3:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Brainwavz being based in Hongkong is quite known for its well set-up line of Accessories and IEMs. Back in the day, I was fairly active in modding my still beloved...
On my quest for the perfect sounding IEM for mobile use I came across these headphones that are rather underrepresented in the forum. The Panasonic RP-HDE10 are technically quite interesting...
I bought the SMSL sApII as a stop-gap after my Little Dot MKIII failed after 5 years of use, five hours a day. No complaints there! I just don't have the money to upgrade just now! I have invested...
Introduction: Lend Me UR ears, based in Singapore is an online and physical store that opened in December 2011 with a goal to “bring quality audio products to the masses and providing good...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 352post #5266 of 121005/12/14 at 10:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5267 of 121005/12/14 at 10:41amMy Gungnir seems to provide what I would say is articulate detail retrieval and now that I have gotten the new USB module installed is very nice. HOWEVER I have not auditioned any other dacs so take that with a grain of salt. For what it's worth etc. Running balanced throughput over Silver Widow to LCD3s. For the money spent I think it would be kind of difficult to do better. Obviously when rising up the food chain and getting into the really expensive components the SQ will get better but at this price level I am really happy with my system. Really recommend getting the USB upgrade BTW. With JRiver 19 all data transfers are just really clean; I can really tell the difference.post #5268 of 121005/12/14 at 10:46amQuote:
You will not be dissapointed, it's good Schiit. The USB implementation seems to be spot on. The Windoze drivers that Schitt supplies (download) works well and has some interesting enhancements found in their properties. If you need to boost bass, that can be found there, freq and level.post #5269 of 121005/12/14 at 10:51amQuote:Originally Posted by StanD
You will not be dissapointed, it's good Schiit. The USB implementation seems to be spot on. The Windoze drivers that Schitt supplies (download) works well and has some interesting enhancements found in their properties. If you need to boost bass, that can be found there, freq and level.
I see they also have native USB ASIO implementation, which is nice. WASAPI has always been a bit quirky.post #5270 of 121005/12/14 at 4:14pmpost #5271 of 121005/12/14 at 4:24pmpost #5272 of 121005/12/14 at 6:29pmpost #5273 of 121005/12/14 at 9:17pmpost #5274 of 121005/13/14 at 5:54ampost #5275 of 121005/13/14 at 11:41amQuote:IOriginally Posted by madwolfa
I'm thinking of switching the Musical Fidelity V-DAC on my big rig to a Gungnir with a fully balanced connection (my pre/power amps have XLR balanced inputs, but I'm using unbalanced RCA inputs now with a V-DAC). Does it make much sense? Would I notice any difference at all?
I had the MF VDAC in my main rig, and when I replaced it with Bifrost everything sounded better, more natural, etc.post #5276 of 121005/13/14 at 1:36pmMany thanks to the kind folks on this thread, just took the plunge on greatly enhancing my current rig, HD650's, F17/E09K, ordered a Valhalla, it will be here Monday!!!! Just what the Doctor ordered to make my recovery from knee surgery (tomorrow) a pleasant one;-)!
Now for tube rolling advice?!?post #5277 of 121005/13/14 at 2:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by Wildcatsare1
Many thanks to the kind folks on this thread, just took the plunge on greatly enhancing my current rig, HD650's, F17/E09K, ordered a Valhalla, it will be here Monday!!!! Just what the Doctor ordered to make my recovery from knee surgery (tomorrow) a pleasant one;-)!
Now for tube rolling advice?!?
Dude! I got my Vali to make a bedroom system for my sennheisers, because of knee surgery recovery too. It helped!post #5278 of 121005/13/14 at 2:15pmpost #5279 of 121005/13/14 at 2:20pmpost #5280 of 121005/13/14 at 2:21pm
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 second ago
- › Three Word Story 3 seconds ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 6 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD 2 Fazor 2 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 3 minutes ago
- › Are we getting old? 5 minutes ago
- › AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet, 6th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2016 (October... 6 minutes ago
- › OPPO Relases updated HA-2SE Headphone Amplifier With New ESS... 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 7 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...