Yeah, sorry I couldn't be more specific about my impressions, the meet was some time ago (almost a year, actually). I was rocking the Mjolnir/ Audez'e combo since, and it is by far my favourite combo with Audez'e in that general price range. The aggressiveness of Mjolnir really complements those cans :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 9/1/16 at 3:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
Want something a bit better sounding than your cell phone, with the ability to carry your whole lossless music collection? Enter, Sony Walkman NW-A35. This new release from Sony features five...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 345
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5162 of 125014/28/14 at 3:01pmQuote:
Keep in mind that this is a Schiit thread. You might get more objective opinions in the LCD2 threads. :)post #5163 of 125014/28/14 at 5:06pmQuote:
Initial differences were that the Bifrost wasn't as bright as the Modi, and the Bifrost clicks as its optical. Not to say that the Modi is bright, but comparatively it is.
Bass sounds a tad nicer as well, still have a while to go before I can give full comparsonspost #5164 of 125014/28/14 at 5:15pmQuote:
Cool, thanks a lot. I would bet bifrost should provide more details, at least its price suggest so.
But no idea what other improvements are. Glad to hear bass is nicer.post #5165 of 125014/28/14 at 9:39pmpost #5166 of 125014/29/14 at 6:22am
Got the USB UBER Bifrost today.
it sucks living outside the USA. paid about 250$ for custom fees..
Going to buy a new amp soon, thinking about the Schiit LYR or maybe the Violectric V200 that I can get at the same price second hand.post #5167 of 125014/29/14 at 6:26amThread StarterQuote:
I just picked up the TEAC HA-501, which the Bifrost Uber is feeding. So far, it's a wonderful combo. Worth investigating as well.post #5168 of 125014/29/14 at 7:34amQuote:
Are you in Canada? If so, you should consider looking to headphonebar.com
They are an authorized Schiit distributor. They're a tad slow in getting stock, but hey... worth it to avoid the customs.post #5169 of 125014/29/14 at 7:51amQuote:
I always order direct from Schiit. I've found that if I choose a Fedex shipping option, I get hit hard with customs fees. If I choose USPS, I never get charged any customs fees.post #5170 of 125014/29/14 at 8:06amQuote:
Nope. I'm from Israel. lot's of stereo shops here but they don't know schiit.. (:post #5171 of 125014/29/14 at 8:12am
The only time I was lucky not to be taxed was when I ordered the Asgard 2 and the Modi/Vali combo. My recent Lyr purchase got taxed. So did my Valhalla a couple of years ago. Maybe if Schiit was willing to help under-declare the prices, it might not be so painful for us. Just a thought.post #5172 of 125014/29/14 at 8:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Rossliew
The only time I was lucky not to be taxed was when I ordered the Asgard 2 and the Modi/Vali combo. My recent Lyr purchase got taxed. So did my Valhalla a couple of years ago. Maybe if Schiit was willing to help under-declare the prices, it might not be so painful for us. Just a thought.
But they won't, they do everything the proper and legal way ;)post #5173 of 125014/29/14 at 8:57ampost #5174 of 125014/29/14 at 12:27pmQuote:
Thinking to buy TEAC HA-501 . I have HE-500 so what do you think about using TEAC with HE-500 ? Is that powerfull enough to feed HE-500 ?post #5175 of 125014/29/14 at 12:34pmThread StarterQuote:
Yes, should have more than enough. It puts out more than 2 W into 32 ohms.
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - Newer Thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 10 seconds ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton -... 41 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEMs Review / Preview 4 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 6 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/Blue/MISC Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear