Yeah, sorry I couldn't be more specific about my impressions, the meet was some time ago (almost a year, actually). I was rocking the Mjolnir/ Audez'e combo since, and it is by far my favourite combo with Audez'e in that general price range. The aggressiveness of Mjolnir really complements those cans :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 9/1/16 at 3:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
For larger (1200x800) images, simply click any photoINTRODUCTIONAhhh – the portable amplifier – one of the audio enthusiast's more misunderstood tools / assets. For the beginner, there...
Preamble: I have already reviewed some of 1MORE’s and Xiaomi’s audio products in the past and all of them offered a great sound experience for their very reasonable price point. The...
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 345
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5162 of 121864/28/14 at 3:01pmQuote:
Keep in mind that this is a Schiit thread. You might get more objective opinions in the LCD2 threads. :)post #5163 of 121864/28/14 at 5:06pmQuote:
Initial differences were that the Bifrost wasn't as bright as the Modi, and the Bifrost clicks as its optical. Not to say that the Modi is bright, but comparatively it is.
Bass sounds a tad nicer as well, still have a while to go before I can give full comparsonspost #5164 of 121864/28/14 at 5:15pmQuote:
Cool, thanks a lot. I would bet bifrost should provide more details, at least its price suggest so.
But no idea what other improvements are. Glad to hear bass is nicer.post #5165 of 121864/28/14 at 9:39pmpost #5166 of 121864/29/14 at 6:22am
Got the USB UBER Bifrost today.
it sucks living outside the USA. paid about 250$ for custom fees..
Going to buy a new amp soon, thinking about the Schiit LYR or maybe the Violectric V200 that I can get at the same price second hand.post #5167 of 121864/29/14 at 6:26amThread StarterQuote:
I just picked up the TEAC HA-501, which the Bifrost Uber is feeding. So far, it's a wonderful combo. Worth investigating as well.post #5168 of 121864/29/14 at 7:34amQuote:
Are you in Canada? If so, you should consider looking to headphonebar.com
They are an authorized Schiit distributor. They're a tad slow in getting stock, but hey... worth it to avoid the customs.post #5169 of 121864/29/14 at 7:51amQuote:
I always order direct from Schiit. I've found that if I choose a Fedex shipping option, I get hit hard with customs fees. If I choose USPS, I never get charged any customs fees.post #5170 of 121864/29/14 at 8:06amQuote:
Nope. I'm from Israel. lot's of stereo shops here but they don't know schiit.. (:post #5171 of 121864/29/14 at 8:12am
The only time I was lucky not to be taxed was when I ordered the Asgard 2 and the Modi/Vali combo. My recent Lyr purchase got taxed. So did my Valhalla a couple of years ago. Maybe if Schiit was willing to help under-declare the prices, it might not be so painful for us. Just a thought.post #5172 of 121864/29/14 at 8:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Rossliew
The only time I was lucky not to be taxed was when I ordered the Asgard 2 and the Modi/Vali combo. My recent Lyr purchase got taxed. So did my Valhalla a couple of years ago. Maybe if Schiit was willing to help under-declare the prices, it might not be so painful for us. Just a thought.
But they won't, they do everything the proper and legal way ;)post #5173 of 121864/29/14 at 8:57ampost #5174 of 121864/29/14 at 12:27pmQuote:
Thinking to buy TEAC HA-501 . I have HE-500 so what do you think about using TEAC with HE-500 ? Is that powerfull enough to feed HE-500 ?post #5175 of 121864/29/14 at 12:34pmThread StarterQuote:
Yes, should have more than enough. It puts out more than 2 W into 32 ohms.
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 38 seconds ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 1 minute ago
- › Set up for HD 598's 2 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 2 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Power Supplies - PART3 - SMPS, LPS. SuperCap, Battery, DIY... 4 minutes ago
- › [WTB] JH Audio Rosie 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › The begging of the end. A noob's journey into madness. 5 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear